Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 113

Thread: cya Guys

  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    519

    Default cya Guys

    I wanted to say hello to all my friends, I stop playing ddo, cause end game too easy , boring and too casual game player. I spent 6 wonderful years with you, thanks a lot guys. Sorry for my bad English, I hope to meet you on GW2!

    PS: no i don t give u my stuff sorry!
    Uriziem Completionist done, past life 28/30
    solo ADQ2 EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414558
    solo FoT EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414946
    Waiting better and harder end game(or neverwinter online)

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    62

    Default

    +1
    Although I am at a mere 3 years.
    Greebles - 20 Wiz WF, Kyarane - 20 Paladin Human, Shandria - 18 Pal / 2 Mnk Human, Grinhold - 20 FvS helf: Cannith

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    Good luck, Uri! I hope you will enjoy your next game. Ciao

    What was the last straw? I assume it was "Everything is Nothing" - I enjoyed playing with it for about 2 hours, then I switched ut of that broken destiny.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

    Leader of Templar

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    173

    Default No more solo EE completions to shoot for?

    I was waiting for the Don't Drink the Water and Caught in the Web solo EE completion screenshots

    Sorry to see you go.
    Good luck as you conquer new games.

  5. #5
    Community Member KutchemesTheDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    İstanbul
    Posts
    96

    Default

    After all these past lifes with completonist you tried to make game eaiser to you also you have every neceassary gear to your toon. Than now you're complaining end game is too easy.

    I don't criticize you but this could be a warning to people who wants to have overpowered characters.
    Cannith : Khakan ( Ftr ) - Ajattara ( Rog ) - Rigeell ( Fvs ) No guild, No Cry

  6. #6
    Community Member Ap0k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarnind View Post
    I wanted to say hello to all my friends, I stop playing ddo, cause end game too easy , boring and too casual game player. I spent 6 wonderful years with you, thanks a lot guys. Sorry for my bad English, I hope to meet you on GW2!

    PS: no i don t give u my stuff sorry!
    always bad when a vet leaves...but come on, you know devs can't cater to you. 26 past lifes will make everything trivial when paired with 6 years of experience.

    also...you'll be back!
    Aggrom - Zenjin - Kaylam - Ciryll
    Ghallanda

    Playing DDO since April 2006

  7. #7
    Community Member janave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Let me be the first one to say: *It is your fault!*

    You wanted to have it all, now you do and you complain about it. There is plenty of options left for you in DDO, incredible challenges and as i assume lots of epeen bragging moments.

    Its good to take a break and get some new experiences, (even if its another game, lol). Im also 100% sure that you will come back. Wanna prove me wrong? gimme your stuffz .

  8. #8
    Community Member Alkindus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Bye Uri

    Maybe the devs will decide to implement challenges to the game again soon so over half the endgame players that quit in Cannith will come back :/.
    Children / Zeya / Tyremus / Inspiring

  9. #9
    Community Member Thrudh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    17,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    You wanted to have it all, now you do and you complain about it.
    Isn't it ironic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

  10. #10
    Community Member parvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pigmy Drow Paradise
    Posts
    4,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KutchemesTheDark View Post
    After all these past lifes with completonist you tried to make game eaiser to you also you have every neceassary gear to your toon. Than now you're complaining end game is too easy.

    I don't criticize you but this could be a warning to people who wants to have overpowered characters.
    Why should only poor players have the right of challanege?
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

  11. #11
    Community Member count_spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    925

    Default

    they do need some new kick butt end game raids with some sweet loot. now that hound tod lob vod shroud are all middle ground and hardly ever run

  12. #12
    Community Member mobrien316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    Why should only poor players have the right of challanege?
    If you are not being sarcastic...

    Anyone can make this game more challenging, if that is what they want. It is difficult for me to muster any sympathy for a completionist with dozens of past lives, multiple epic items for every gear slot, and virtually unlimited plats who complains that the game is now "too easy."

    He could easily bank his gear, roll a new character, and limit himself to whatever he finds. When he rolls that new character, he could choose not to min-max it, and maybe roll a sorcerer with 14 CHA or a wizard with 14 INT.

    If anyone can truthfully claim that they play permadeath and solo all content on elite, and are still finding the game so easy it is boring them, I will be happy to give their overall awesomeness a polite nod.

    If, on the other hand, you have dozens of past lives and every bit of epic gear the game offers, and you find the game too easy when you play that way, I would ask "what did you expect?"

    If the game was built to be challenging to completionists with dozens of past lives and epic gear in every slot, what hope would new players ever have? What hope would normal players have?

    If you are bored but want to keep playing this awesome game, ditch some of your gear and don't min-max your character. Or play permadeath and see if you can solo everything on elite. Or quit, I guess, if that is what makes you happy.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

    Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

  13. #13
    Community Member parvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pigmy Drow Paradise
    Posts
    4,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    If you are not being sarcastic...

    Anyone can make this game more challenging, if that is what they want. It is difficult for me to muster any sympathy for a completionist with dozens of past lives, multiple epic items for every gear slot, and virtually unlimited plats who complains that the game is now "too easy."

    He could easily bank his gear, roll a new character, and limit himself to whatever he finds. When he rolls that new character, he could choose not to min-max it, and maybe roll a sorcerer with 14 CHA or a wizard with 14 INT.

    If anyone can truthfully claim that they play permadeath and solo all content on elite, and are still finding the game so easy it is boring them, I will be happy to give their overall awesomeness a polite nod.

    If, on the other hand, you have dozens of past lives and every bit of epic gear the game offers, and you find the game too easy when you play that way, I would ask "what did you expect?"

    If the game was built to be challenging to completionists with dozens of past lives and epic gear in every slot, what hope would new players ever have? What hope would normal players have?

    If you are bored but want to keep playing this awesome game, ditch some of your gear and don't min-max your character. Or play permadeath and see if you can solo everything on elite. Or quit, I guess, if that is what makes you happy.
    So, the dullard can find challenge easily. Using all their meager resources, they are naturally challenged along the way. But the intelligent player is not afforded that right. The good player is not allowed to use his resourcefullness and still be challenged. The exeptional player must act like the dullard in order to find challenge. It makes no sense.

    You ask what hope new players would have? What hope would normal players have? They have casual and normal difficulties with which they can progress.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

  14. #14
    Community Member stubythumb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lost on Cannith
    Posts
    113

    Cool Ciao Uri

    What? I've got to find another "The Completionist" to level with! Say it's not so! Either way had many hours fun competiant grinding with you. I know you said you weren't giving out you're prized gear so I can I get my Surname back ........ Anyhow GL in youre future game Olidia The Completionist
    Guild: Alt's of Olidia, Hiding Spot of: Olidia

  15. #15
    Community Member Postumus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    SW Wheloon
    Posts
    6,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    So, the dullard can find challenge easily. Using all their meager resources, they are naturally challenged along the way. But the intelligent player is not afforded that right. The good player is not allowed to use his resourcefullness and still be challenged. The exeptional player must act like the dullard in order to find challenge. It makes no sense.

    You ask what hope new players would have? What hope would normal players have? They have casual and normal difficulties with which they can progress.
    You are missing the point. 26 past lives.

  16. #16
    Community Member FestusHood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,064

    Default

    Not sure i understand how having spent years creating a powerful character equates to being intelligent. The more powerful your toon is the less intelligence is required to beat quests.

    And on behalf of all us dullards who haven't been playing 14 hours a day for 6 years, I thank you for your perspective.

  17. #17
    Community Member ddobard1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    3BC
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Play Permadeath!

  18. #18
    Community Member Fomori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago - western burbs
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    gl sir. Once the game gets boring then it is time to move on.
    Male Fairy: "Dont cry my dear. You know what I do when I'm sad?"
    Felicia Day Fairy: "Look douchy..."

    Quote Originally Posted by mournbladereigns View Post
    Actually, if this Nerf's one of Shade's barb's I doubly support this!

  19. #19
    Community Member Kennyburns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    332

    Default

    It's Kinda like when you roll a sorc leveling
    You blow past everything and its fun for a bit then kinda gets old
    You roll up a melee
    Make it over powered end game epic elite solo machine
    You beat all content on solo epic elite
    What now?
    The Most likely Answer and Uri's answer
    Quit
    Move on to a new game
    Most players aren't actually at the stage when they can solo everything on a melee epic elite
    I'm halfway there myself
    could solo some epic elites, but not all of them
    So guess what I Started?
    KennyFails Journey to completionist =D
    Then when i get there I'll try everything again on epic elite ^^
    Even the old epics
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

  20. #20
    Community Member mobrien316's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New England, USA
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    So, the dullard can find challenge easily. Using all their meager resources, they are naturally challenged along the way. But the intelligent player is not afforded that right. The good player is not allowed to use his resourcefullness and still be challenged. The exeptional player must act like the dullard in order to find challenge. It makes no sense.

    You ask what hope new players would have? What hope would normal players have? They have casual and normal difficulties with which they can progress.
    I would say it is more accurate to say the dullard is the person who min-maxes his stats, equips all of his epic gear, and plays his completionist character the same way he always has without realizing that his past lives, quest experience, and amassed epic gear will make content rather easy for him.

    An intelligent player will realize that dozens of past lives and piles of epic gear make the game a bit too easy, so they will think of another way to enjoy this game, such as by banking some of their uber gear and rolling up a new character who isn't min-maxed.

    If you enjoy hunting deer, and you buy a helicopter, thermal imaging system, and a Gatling gun, and you then find deer hunting to be too easy, would it make more sense to try hunting in a different way, or complain that the deer aren't challenging enough for you because you are simply too awesome for them?
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

    Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload