Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: cya Guys

Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    But it's more fun to chastise(sp?) the poster for speaking truth than talk about the player he was. Let's focus on flaming him. Let's talk about how it's his fault the game is too easy because he's a good player.
    The truth? More like speaking his opinion.

Life is too easy! I have a great paying job that I don't have to do any work for, have a great family, have no debt, own my house/cars/toys. Damn god should nerf life! It's just too easy! Everyone's salary should go down to 5k a year to atleast give them a challenge.

And mystafyi is right! It's beer:30.

Quote Originally Posted by parvo View Post
    Maybe he's been hurt by too many casual who told him they cared but left his epic elites for heroic normals in the end. Maybe he's just putting up walls to protect his wounded tender heart...
    Oh, well, that changes everything...

I can certainly understand now why he hates casual gamers, feels all content is trivially easy, and is going to quit.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Guild: Guinness Knights

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

I am no longer on cannith but I can't say I'm sorry to see you go. The comments you have posted and the way I have seen you talk to people in game shows a complete lack of respect and common decency. Everyone is a noob at one point. Just because someone hasn't played as long and acquired every piece of epic gear and 26 past lives you hate them? That is a horrible attitude and I'm sure that's not how people acted towards you when you began playing.

I do agree that epic normal and hard are too easy and if they are to be options they should drop loot less frequently or of lower quality, as it is implemented in the latest update. Of course the game seems a lot easier if you play the most over powered classes, fvs and everything is easy monk. I have done the new quest Outbreak, I think is the name, one epic elite twice now, both times with really good players and it was still challenging, although we didn't have a part full of monks and favored souls. The fact is with a good party of competent players all content is completable and isn't all that difficult and that has been the case since I started playing.

To conclude I agree that some of things turbine is doing I don't completely agree with, but the way you are going about it is incredibly disresectful. Not everyone has unlimited time to play a video game. The fact is if you are truely looking for a challenge you have been looking in the wrong place for 6 years.

Community Member

Quick suggestion to make things more challenging. Per Diablo 2, you could run players 8 to scale up monsters accordingly.

Based on screenshots in another post the content does scale.

You can effectively do the same here through artificial means by hiring people to stand about at the dungeon entrance or multi-box it.

Maybe the devs should implement a toggle in the game to scale a dungeon based on # players or above similar to the players 8.

So then it will be a question of soloing epic elite with a full stack of players for scaling.

Kind of funny where there are lfms posting for "be more than dungeon scaling." That is what you should be targeting next, where you only have dungeon scaling perhaps.

If it makes everyone feel better, I not only hate casual players, I hate all players.

Sorry to see you go uri. Cannith just lost another ~5% of its good endgame players

Well... I can say that this game actually still has some challenge. I went away for a while and played SWTOR, now that game is completely catered to casuals. You can solo the entire game up to level cap. You only need parties when doing Hard Modes, which is like the old Epics of DDO, and Raids. However, it's really difficult to get raiders. Most of the players just like the levelling experience, and ignore the raids. There's really nothing to do at level cap, but PvP and Raids.

At least with this game, you can try a different class and TR with some added power. This game's endgame has a lot more life in it than other MMOs that just turn into grindfests for slightly better loot and no customization.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Smile Take care brother

I know its been awhile since my name has appeared on here due to my Rl situation i work almost everyday from 10 am to 10 pm 6 days a week with 1 day off so no time to play honestly irrelevant anyway Uri whether or not you remember me or not i remember you and always will say most if not almost all of the good, greatest players to exist have quit mmos or playing ddo more importantly. All ego/pride aside this community has grown on me and i still stop to read and reply to the forums occasionally and its safe to say you will be missed i always hate to see very talented players leave but as it stands all good things come to an end an change is inevitable. Anyway take care Uriziem and look forward to gaming with you in a next gen mmo!
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

I'm Starting to see this whole [Epic Elite is to easy] on my toons.....
    I've gotten so bored sometimes i just put up lfm's for epic elite anything and let the first 2-3 people pick what to do and just carry them through it outta boredom, even soloing epic elites
    I really don't see how people managed to get angry about there being a point where you build a toon so good everything is easy
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

IMHO challenge can go as far as soloing EE content, as Uri was doing. Self-imposed weakness is not really an option...a naked shroud now and then if you're feeling silly but I'm convinced everyone should be able to find challenging content, no matter how good their toons are.

This said, I also doubt that soloing EE content wasn't challenging at all
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

My take on the whole "the game is too easy" thing is like this:

If you find the game "too easy", make it more challenging for yourself. Don't use ship buffs (heresy, I know). Don't use hirelings. Short-man quests on elite. Make a new character and go with one life, not a dozen or more TRs to minmax every power/ability.

It's easy to make the game challenging. But a lot of the "it's too easy!" crowd don't WANT to do that. They want the game to change to fit their idea of how it should be, rather than altering their own playstyle to fit the game. Yeah, a character with 26 past lives, epic everything, probably every ED at 5, etc, is going to feel less challenged. Imagine that, you've "beaten the game". Time to try something new! Make a class you haven't really played that much (and not just one for a past life feat, or one of those 6/6/8 TR completionist build characters). Play a caster if you normally play a melee, or a melee if you normally play a caster.

I dunno. Seems like ripping on "casual players" for having the ability to actually level on their own is pretty ridiculous. "Oh my god, how DARE those people who don't put in 500+ hours on one character have a chance to level! They should be burned alive, those filthy freeloaders!"

The challenge is what you make it. If you set out to make the game as easy as possible by accruing every single past life, every single epic piece of gear, every single advantage, don't complain when it turns out that, gasp, you DID make the game easier on yourself.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go back to actually enjoying the game with my "casual/gimpy" first-life drow druid.

Community Member

I can only laugh really hard when i read all the unexperianced players say......

You grinded out 26 past lifes! of course the game is easy now!!!!

That is complete BS. The passive past lifes are a nice bonus..but nowhere gamechanging in any way.

A "casual" player will always be a bad player no matter if he has no past lifes or 30.

A "power" gamer will always find this game too easy NOW no matter if he has a new charakter or a 30 past life one.

-----
    A good example for this was the Beta of Motu. I rolled up a fresh Druid....no past lifes no raid gear..not even any tomes.

I tested the new Epic mode N/H ..and it was way too easy....i could run them pretty much naked without any danger.
    So how can that be? With a fresh charakter without any gear?

Of course the Devs did not listen to threads about the new epics being too easy.(Not only from me)
    But i didnt expect them to listen because thats how they want the new DDO....easier and easier without any challenge. Just look at all the new Quests...they dont even have any challenge in other forms like puzzles or anything else.
    -----
    Im also playing GW2 now.
    The whole combat and charakter movement really feels like WoW....and that is bad.
    The only reason why i still like DDO.

But! GW2 is challenging! Not because it is new. Because they reward challenging content.

For Example: If you want to reach difficult "explorer" points on Maps..you often have to do really difficult jumping challenges.

Something that would be impossible in DDO now. Why? Because casual gamers would complain on the forums or elsewhere they cant reach that explorer point and cry and cry until the devs nerf that.

Casual gamers these days just want everything without doing something for it.
    Pretty much reflects real life too where alot of people also want everything without working for it.
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule

Quote Originally Posted by Dunklerlindwurm View Post
    I can only laugh really hard when i read all the unexperianced players say......

You grinded out 26 past lifes! of course the game is easy now!!!!

That is complete BS. The passive past lifes are a nice bonus..but nowhere gamechanging in any way.
    The idea is not that if you get +2 to all stats you will suddenly be uber; the idea is that after 26 past lives you are incredibly well-geared, well-funded, have lots of useful past-life passive bonuses, and have a vast amount of game experience.

If someone like that chooses to keep playing min-max characters with all the awesome gear they've found/received/crafted over the years, it stands to reason they would find the game too easy. Frankly, if anyone with 26 past lives couldn't blow through nearly the entire game on elite and while soloing, I'd be very surprised.
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mobrien316 View Post
    The idea is not that if you get +2 to all stats you will suddenly be uber; the idea is that after 26 past lives you are incredibly well-geared, well-funded, have lots of useful past-life passive bonuses, and have a vast amount of game experience.

If someone like that chooses to keep playing min-max characters with all the awesome gear they've found/received/crafted over the years, it stands to reason they would find the game too easy. Frankly, if anyone with 26 past lives couldn't blow through nearly the entire game on elite and while soloing, I'd be very surprised.
    Just because someone has 26 or more past lifes and is a completionist it does not make that player as skilled as u would think.
    Of course some are but not all, i have runned raids with completionists on my server who had no clue whatsoever about end game, nor the gear for it.

One quick example is when some monk completionist joins a abbot guild run and was assigned to ice , asked if he ever runned ice and if he knew what to do, he said ofc i know...First run he somehow died, second run he did not break the first sarcophagi saying he thought theres only one (even though at the start of the raid he said he knows what he is doing)...and we ended replacing him with a guildie for ice.
    Last edited by nix_vali; 09-24-2012 at 07:55 AM.
    ~Nlx~|~Vareesa~|~Vevay~|~Vrac~

Quote Originally Posted by nix_vali View Post
    Just because someone has 26 or more past lifes and is a completionist it does not make that player as skilled as u would think.
    Of course some are but not all, i have runned raids with completionists on my server who had no clue whatsoever about end game, nor the gear for it.

One quick example is when some monk completionist joins a abbot guild run and was assigned to ice , asked if he ever runned ice and if he knew what to do, he said ofc i know...First run he somehow died, second run he did not break the first sarcophagi saying he thought theres only one (even though at the start of the raid he said he knows what he is doing)...and we ended replacing him with a guildie for ice.
    Nevertheless, the idea that a person with 26 past lives would find the game easy remains valid. I'm sure you can think of a horrible player or two, but for the most part, a person with 26 past lives is going to be well-geared, well-funded, and well-versed in most (if not all) of the game's content. If the vast majority of such players cannot solo most of the game content on elite, I'd be surprised.

Community Member

it's not the 26 Pls as much as DDO has some extremely over-powered classes. let's see somebody solo all the EEs on a bard.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

I don't think this is an issue with Turbine making DDO too easy. The player has just become an expert. Has all the uber gear, all the quest knowledge, played his toons enough that he knows just what to do and when to do it, knows how to avoid all the pitfalls.

How many times have you played a video game (MMO or not) and become a master of that game and got bored? Being a bit of a Video game nerd from way back, it's happened to me alot. It doesn't make those games bad games, I just outgrew them and went on to something else.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

It is poor game design when the players play the game...ie aquire gear and past lives...

and are rewarded with a lack of challenge because of it. There should be a next step short of throwing all that gear away...after all, if getting an item makes a game LESS fun, what is the point in getting it?

I think everyone knows by now that EDs are brutally overpowered; so much so that throwing lily petals at a wall for 5minutes and then going in and blowing mobs away with a button is the best course of action. That is good game design?

There should be content that is challenging in and of itself for the best players. Is that so much to ask?

Players should not have to gimp themselves to find challenging content.

It's like telling Ali to chop off his arm because he is too good at boxing.

There should be some content for casual players, but having nearly ALL content for casual players will bore a large part of the gaming population...and certainly hurt turbines $$.

Before hardcore players had TRing to engross them...now most of them have done that and are at endgame...which leaves a hell of a lot to be desired right now IMO.

I have seen the movies Lord of The Rings 20 times by now.

I think they are boring and very predictable and I am not going to see them anymore.

So, Peter Jackson, there you have!!!
    Goat, Sammich, Poultry

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    It is poor game design when the players play the game...ie aquire gear and past lives...

and are rewarded with a lack of challenge because of it. There should be a next step short of throwing all that gear away...after all, if getting an item makes a game LESS fun, what is the point in getting it?

I think everyone knows by now that EDs are brutally overpowered; so much so that throwing lily petals at a wall for 5minutes and then going in and blowing mobs away with a button is the best course of action. That is good game design?

There should be content that is challenging in and of itself for the best players. Is that so much to ask?

There should be some content for casual players, but having nearly ALL content for casual players will bore a large part of the gaming population...and certainly hurt turbines $$.

Before hardcore players had TRing to engross them...now most of them have done that and are at endgame...which leaves a hell of a lot to be desired right now IMO.
    I think Turbine would be better served by designing game content that can be played by and appeals to the majority of the player base rather than the select few players who have become so awesomely elite that the game isn't challenging them anymore.

Rather than "telling Ali to chop his arm off", I think it is more like playing PnP with a DM who lets you play for a few years with unlimited spellcasting, no penalties for dying, and magic health shrines scattered throughout most dungeons, and then, when you are at high levels with tons of great gear and so forth, he asks if you want to play the non-easy version of the game, i.e. - the one with a very limited number of spells per day, permanent loss of CON each time you die and are resurrected, and where the only healing is whatever you carry with you or whatever the cleric can cast.

If a player says, "No, I want to stick with the easy version, but I'm bored because I'm too awesome for the easy version and I want a challenge," would that make a lot of sense?

Go play permadeath if you think this game is too easy because you are too awesome for it. If anyone in permadeath solos all the content on elite and still thinks the game is too easy, I will tip my hat to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post

I wonder if God feels the same way...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast