Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Comms as end rewards?

Me and several other people decided to do the new Druids Deep quests on Epic Normal.

Get to the end and all that was offered was a choice of 3 Commendations,this has to be a bug.

nope :P

Community Member

Did heroic casual got the same thing.
    Is nice for some one that wants to farm them.

Community Member

We ran the chain 3 more times on Epic Hard

No Runearm,No Docet,nada in any of the chests.

I have bad luck on chest and end rewards and seem to give the "bad luck" aura.

I have all I need from Comm vendors,at least once I find out what chests drop the new Rune arm I can just run that over and over.

Doesn't help that will a maxxed Fatesinger Tree the auto procs have never went off,I dont think they work.Things like Intoxicating Presence,Blind,etc.
    Last edited by jcoffey; 08-20-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Community Member

Good to see that the devs are paying attention to what players expect. Not. I, too, was unhappily surprised when all I got were 3 comms at the end of the chain. VERY poor decision devs.

Sounds like something might be affecting the drop rates.

There are posts stating that items are not falling in chests, nor in the chain end reward lists now.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Dont bother going for 3 time completions..it isnt even listed under /quest completions. (only found out after doing 3 chain runs).

yeah i was really disappointed on those end rewards too. i was hoping a chance to get at some of the named items like the other chains

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by taurean430 View Post
    Sounds like something might be affecting the drop rates.

There are posts stating that items are not falling in chests, nor in the chain end reward lists now.
    did a EH run though and got 2 named armors (scale and heavy one) no screenshots but named loot is dropping

Quote Originally Posted by Cade_Wells View Post
    did a EH run though and got 2 named armors (scale and heavy one) no screenshots but named loot is dropping
    Thanks for stating that. It's good to know they are dropping. It sure was sounding odd for a bit there.
    Khyber: Evandus, Halfdeadd, Licoricewhip, Sawyn, Elkabongg, Brothanumsi, Soulbro, Cromix.
    And an army of gimp experiments!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cade_Wells View Post
    Must be nice =(

Got a couple items, but same crappy end reward for running the entire chain on Epic Elite.
    Posted my own happy thread here..

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...85#post4653985
    Last edited by JOTMON; 08-21-2012 at 09:33 AM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Community Member

I have also had the runearm drop inside the portal one that everyone complains about, but my end rewards are nothing but comm's, which is what I believe this thread is discussing.

Community Member

The end reward is the lamest thing ever in fact I passed Lamey the ultra lame donkey from Lame Road in Lameville and he couldn't understand it either.

It may be ok for new players (although probably quicker to run around the forest as someone said) but if you pre purchased and are still playing those characters ie from when MOTU came out, the chances are (as the comms are bound to character) you will have all the items you want and have an excess of all of the comms anyway.

Whose unbelievably lame idea was it to have that as an end reward (It wasnt Lamey the donkey he said not even he would pick something that lame)

Community Member

you seem suprised
    look at the farce that is caught in the web
    need you look any further?
    Main:- Clerivast - 2nd life - 22 cleric, alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 25 monk.
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

Community Member

Default same

Wife and I ran chain. Was getting late, talked her into one more run for end reward. "Come on, babe, just one more and we get shiny new lootz"

Slept on the couch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brinocerus View Post
    Wife and I ran chain. Was getting late, talked her into one more run for end reward. "Come on, babe, just one more and we get shiny new lootz"

Slept on the couch.
    ROFL..
    Which commendations did she take?

Hopefully a dev will be responding to one of these many posts mentioning it and go "Oh, yeah, that's a bug. The REAL gear isn't dropping yet, our bad!"

Until then, I'd let HER pick the quests. It's just easier that way.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member

Default lesson

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    ROFL..
    Which commendations did she take?

Hopefully a dev will be responding to one of these many posts mentioning it and go "Oh, yeah, that's a bug. The REAL gear isn't dropping yet, our bad!"

Until then, I'd let HER pick the quests. It's just easier that way.
    some lessons you just learn the hard way...

Community Member

Agreed.. I am not one to bash the devs. I think they do a tremendous job. But this is completely and utterly bewildering. I have zero idea what they were thinking on this one... if it is indeed WAI.

Community Member

In the end chest of druids deep on epic normal, pulled the lvl 22 version of fire scimitar (btcoe).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast