Default Deconstruction XP - WAI?

I've noticed, that deconstructing an enhancement effect of 6+ potential only grants 5xp.
    Until now, xp received has been directly proportional to the potential of deconstructed effect's return value level (fire 1 -> 1 elemental xp, evil 3 -> 3 divine xp, body 4 -> 4 arcane xp, ...).

I haven't stalked the lamannia forums as diligently as before for this update, so I don't know:
    is this discrepancy form expected values (extrapolated from the old progression) intentional?

TL;DR:
    Deconstruction arcane 6 effect only grats 5xp. Is this WAI?

Community Member

AFAIK it has always been this way. XP was always capped at 5 XP.

With U15 they've increased the number of essences you get for >+5 decons, but the XP was kept the same.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    AFAIK it has always been this way. XP was always capped at 5 XP.

With U15 they've increased the number of essences you get for >+5 decons, but the XP was kept the same.
    The issue is that prior to U15, the level of essences equaled the crafting xp for decon. this is no longer the case. My guess would be that they forgot to change the xp for deconning.

Community Member

Default Also interested

I am also interested to know if this is WAI. I don't think that making Deconstruction XP match the level of essences gained again would be out of balance.

Community Member

I think that capping the decon at 5 is just fine. I am very happy with the extra amount of essences. There is no need for extra xp from deconstructing if you have enough essences to craft more shards.

I just wish that you could get xp from deconstructing shards that you crafted. That is what burns me. I craft for an hour making about 60-80 shards and don't get the xp from decon.

Community Member

This is definitely not a required change, but it would be nice to see it become 1:1.

Granted I think the essence distribution needs to be fixed/changed as well. As it sits you get so many more lessers than you can really utilize with how few greaters you're given.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Sqrlmonger View Post
    Granted I think the essence distribution needs to be fixed/changed as well. As it sits you get so many more lessers than you can really utilize with how few greaters you're given.
    Wow, that's really weird. I have the exact opposite problem, I have tons of greaters and always run out of lessers.

Lessers don't seem to drop. At all. The only ones I get them are from deconstruction. Whereas I'm always getting lots of greaters from running quests.

I don't think deconstruction needs more greaters, I think maybe lessers should drop in chests, too.

I would prefer the chests give Greaters - you can trade for lessers, but you can't combine them for Greaters.

Jules

Ladies - Mediclady, Elspyth, Warchantress, Bittt, Julez, LilBitt, Bucketoboltz, Skitty, Kerro, Wyntermoon, Kethrey, Kethree, Selany, Gypsie, Cassyopeya, Tinkerbelle, Dyanya, PallasAthene

Quote Originally Posted by zeichen-thest View Post
    I just wish that you could get xp from deconstructing shards that you crafted. That is what burns me. I craft for an hour making about 60-80 shards and don't get the xp from decon.
    We used to have that, and I doubt very much we're ever going back to it. When they saw how we were using it, they were so outraged they literally shut down crafting entirely for a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqrimonger
    It's an interesting problem. The ratio of lessers to greaters continued to grow with the super-5 levels, but as Valentine (OBE) mentions we're currently getting greaters from questing (seems to change every update), but on the third hand the lessers needed on recipes were dramatically reduced. Personally I felt the ratios were pretty good taking into account the inane Shards of Potential, but I obviously haven't done a lot of crafting since 15.1, so we'll see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    We used to have that, and I doubt very much we're ever going back to it. When they saw how we were using it, they were so outraged they literally shut down crafting entirely for a week.
    Lol, yep!

People were sitting in front of their computers for days on end *click* *click* *click* ing.

Some people managed to cap their crafting skills in a couple of days this way.
    Since then, Turbine:

a) Removed the XP from deconning the shards.
    b) Nerfed the XP from deconning equipment and set a hard cap.

Apparently, clicking 4 billion times over the course of a couple of days was nowhere near enough sacrifice for the Turbine folk, so they "adjusted the XP return on crafting to a more reasonable rate".*

(* This means NERF the snot out of!)
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.