Default Training Dummy HP?

Over the last few updates I've noticed significant variation over the amount of HP the training dummy seems to have. (No, no -- before someone tries to bring up the helpless bit, it's not what I'm hitting him for, it's how much damage he takes.)

In update 14p2, 1241 points of sonic damage left him with a nearly invisible sliver of HP left.

In update 15, 1663 points of sonic damage left him with nearly two-thirds of his HP left.

There was some variation in the updates/patches prior to those two but I never recorded my observations.

So what's the story Turbine? Obviously I was using a high level toon, but my low level toons liked it alot more when he had around 1300hp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    it will go on and on and on to level 999

How much health the training dummy has seems relatively random to me, possibly random for every time a new instance with the dummy in it is created (my very untested hypothesis). On the same character on two different scenarios in the same day (an AA), I've seen one slaying arrow/crit combo drop the dummy entirely...and drop it to around 2/3-3/4 health. I wouldn't assume even in a few days of testing that the dummy has been set back to high health, or only has low health.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

My theory is that it scales to the person who creates the instance, no facts to confirm it tho, just an opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by grgurius View Post
    My theory is that it scales to the person who creates the instance, no facts to confirm it tho, just an opinion.
    My conclusion is that dummy is the original quorforged titan housing a crazy and chaotic Quori.

Community Member

Smile

From what I've seen (and of course, this could be wrong), it scales by the character that opened the instance, as one of the previous posts suggested. I went on the ship alone (level 12) and killed the dummy quite quickly, but I had a guild friend (level 25) enter the ship first with me trailing him, and the dummy was reasonably harder for my toon to kill.

It would be nice if someone could test this more extensively, but as far as I know, it's best to get on the ship first :P (or trailing a lower level, that is).

Community Member

Hi,

I'm in a solo guild, and before I TR'd about a month ago, I was noticing some big differences in the dummy's HP. That was with only me on the ship, and killing it the first time.

More recently, it doesn't seem to be completely constant, but the variation seems less. I preferred it when its HP total was larger and constant, because it helped me better measure my damage output.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber