Community Member

Default spiked turban reflex save stacking

The "starter" Spiked Turban granted by using Stone of Experience incorrectly stacks with Greater Stability. This behavior was observed on live servers just before U15.

(This might apply to non-starter version and also possibly other resistance items, but I have not tested)

Bug as seen in the in-game log:
    spiked turban provides the following bonuses:
    +3 enhancement bonus to fortitude saves
    +3 enhancement bonus to will saves
    +3 resistance bonus to reflex saves

As once leaked by a dev, most items that claim to provide a "resistance" bonus to saves in their description are internally coded to grant "enhancement" bonus. This is not the case for Spiked Turban's reflex save bonus. As a result, you can get a +3 stacking bonus to reflex saves from spiked turban.

Duplication:
    1. Undress your character.
    2. Wear a Greater Stability armor. Note the reflex save.
    3. Wear Spiked Turban. Note that reflex save is increased by 3.
    4. Optionally, look at the in-game log for information about stacking.

As I haven't tested other Resistance items, I am not filling a bug report, because I am not sure if it's a bug of Spiked Turban or Resistance items in general.

Community Member

It is not the turban, and it is not stacking with resist. It is stacking with stability. If you wear a stability item, greater superior whatever, and then add an individual resist item such as a +5 to reflex... your reflex saves will benefit from both items.

This is not the case if you are wearing a resist item and add a +5 to reflex.

If it is WAI then it must be due to them preserving the benefit of being true neutral. Beyond stability there is not much.

Quote Originally Posted by holyshadow View Post
    It is not the turban, and it is not stacking with resist. It is stacking with stability. If you wear a stability item, greater superior whatever, and then add an individual resist item such as a +5 to reflex... your reflex saves will benefit from both items.

This is not the case if you are wearing a resist item and add a +5 to reflex.

If it is WAI then it must be due to them preserving the benefit of being true neutral. Beyond stability there is not much.
    I'm pretty sure that isn't WAI. Can you tell me if a general resistance save item stacks with stability? It is the same type as the individual save bonuses. Also, Enchantment save stacks with will save. The shard is named resistance-enchantment, but in the description it says it is an enhancement bonus.

Community Member

General resistance item does NOT stack with stability. Only the specific items which themselves also do not stack general resistance.

I.e A +5 Resist -bonus to all saves- item would not stack with stability or a +5 resist bonus to reflex
    but a +5 resist bonus to reflex does stack with stability.

The resist shows up in character screen as well as giving no duplication errors in equip log. When asking a few in game friends the same question they stated that this has been the case as long as they could remember... which is much longer than I have been playing, and their opinion is that it is WAI.

Quote Originally Posted by holyshadow View Post
    General resistance item does NOT stack with stability. Only the specific items which themselves also do not stack general resistance.

I.e A +5 Resist -bonus to all saves- item would not stack with stability or a +5 resist bonus to reflex
    but a +5 resist bonus to reflex does stack with stability.

The resist shows up in character screen as well as giving no duplication errors in equip log. When asking a few in game friends the same question they stated that this has been the case as long as they could remember... which is much longer than I have been playing, and their opinion is that it is WAI.
    Fascinating. I think the fact that individual resists stack with stability, but a general resist item doesn't seems to suggest that the game somehow sees them as 2 different types of bonuses. Yet they don't stack with each other, so i don't know what the heck is going on. Better yet, the enchantment save will stack with all of them. Gaahh! Hulk's head hurt.

Resist +X items were partially "fixed" not too long ago.

They changed the type from "enhancement" to "resist" for the reflex save aspect of it.

All you need to verify this is to equip a Resistance item and look at the effects channel.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen