Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If the dragon is regenerating, you have brought him out to far. Keep him IN the grove. You DON'T want to diplo or inti him as you spend a lot of plat doing so, and while you get more xp, I believe you still have to fight him (not tested by me, but I remember reading this back when MoTU first came out.)

That being said, he is VERY easy to take down. I am not a power player at any means, and I can solo him with absolute ease. If you are melee, get something with ice or electric on it, if caster, stack up DOT. I also use the darkstorm helm and clickie lightning storm, that seems to bring him down a lot as well. Melee'ing him is difficult as he can run you over and keep knocking you down, and he is fast. Just keep moving, make sure to have some acid resist and protect pots, and hit from the side rather than behind (the tail knocks you over too).
    Cevon - Nature's Arrow (17 Dru/2 Mnk/1 Wiz HE AA), Shorlong - Pale Master (18 Wiz/2 Monk)
    Gorgnak - Frenzied Barbarian, Krazig - Dark Knight Paladin
    Xanapheia - Fighting Soul (18 FvS/2 Ftr), Addanc - Bearbarian Tank (12 Dru/6 Ftr/2 Brb)
    Thelanis - Leader of The Dark Creed

Community Member

soloed it several times on my pally with a hire - park a hire at the entrance - fight the dragon and ran to hire to heal if needed (if not hire dies to quickly)

i tried to intimidate him but my intimidate 50+ failed all the time

Smile

This one seems to be much easier to tank than the black dragon mother of Mired in Kobolt
    Anyway there is something really enjoyable in the way it comes and land / feels like a very nice cinematic
    They have worked some very nice details in this forest even if encounters tend to be sometimes a bit boring to
    Find at the beginning when you do not know where it spawns ..
    **Anamalia level 25 Cleric **
    Guild Stealer of souls

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    I've killed the dragon a least a dozen times and no scale has dropped. I have heard there is more than one spawn location, but I have only found the one at message #12.
    Some encounters only spawn in one location - this is one of them.

There is a mountain with a clearing in the southwest of the Map where you can encounter a different Green Dragon. This encounter is called 'The Dragon Aspirant'. No talking with this one, just kill it - it is also a much easier fight. This encounter gives PD commendations.

Meleeing either dragon is difficult but not impossible due to the near constant knockdowns.

In the 'Deal with the Dragon' encounter, you can avoid the fight through Intim/Diplo/Bluff but it will cost you a load of Plat.
    Last edited by visibleman; 08-17-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mmitch5 View Post
    This one seems to be much easier to tank than the black dragon mother of Mired in Kobolt
    The green doesn't have a dispelling breath either, let alone.... if the premise that "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned," What of a female dragon who just lost their child? (granted, 2.0 blacks probably would have shruged it off and claimed all treasure for itself. They were not the most.. motherly as I recall.)

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Scale drop is based on the combination of both dragon spawn locations.
    Eh? What do you mean combination.

In my experience doing them a total of 100+ times neither dragon in the forest dropped scales, only the green in well quest in-town.
    Officer of the Platinum Knights of Cannith, Founder of the guild GHOSTBANE of Cannith
    Main - Death - Completionist and then some...
    Other Characters - Holy, Leap, War, Optimusprime, Intimitank, Lanfear, Can, Afkbiobrb, Garagesale, Leverpuller and many more

Quote Originally Posted by darksol23 View Post
    Eh? What do you mean combination.

In my experience doing them a total of 100+ times neither dragon in the forest dropped scales, only the green in well quest in-town.
    Meaning I didn't separate drops based on location, but in total. (there are two spawn points for a green dragon in King's Forest after all.)

I haven't pulled any out of "Don't drink the water" either. Granted I've only run that twice, near full group both times.

Hi all

Small question on King forest encounter with dragon
    Do some of you remember what diplomacy or buffs or intimidate level is needed to succeed the encounter
    with green dragon ..
    I went there a few times and always fail ..
    Do I need to get a group and kill it ?
    Are the treasure worth it ?
    I succeeded taking him at 50 % Hps targeting him with bows and spells at distance but he gets re-generated at 100 % each time .. well he is a dragon after all !
    Tips welcome
    You can definately take him down; but much of your success depends if your healer hirelings decide to heal you or simply derp out.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by patang01 View Post
    You can definately take him down; but much of your success depends if your healer hirelings decide to heal you or simply derp out.
    My hireling died before I realized I was in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Meaning I didn't separate drops based on location, but in total. (there are two spawn points for a green dragon in King's Forest after all.)

I haven't pulled any out of "Don't drink the water" either. Granted I've only run that twice, near full group both times.
    The encounter where you have to talk to the aspiring knight always bugs out with me, he won't respond to anything I do, is there something you need to do first to activate him?

Quote Originally Posted by Veriden View Post
    The encounter where you have to talk to the aspiring knight always bugs out with me, he won't respond to anything I do, is there something you need to do first to activate him?
    He's always worked for me/the groups I've been in. I'm sorry, but I've no clue there.

Community Member

Default Veraxiena encounter

Hi all

Small question on King forest encounter with dragon
    Do some of you remember what diplomacy or buffs or intimidate level is needed to succeed the encounter
    with green dragon ..
    I went there a few times and always fail ..
    Do I need to get a group and kill it ?
    Are the treasure worth it ?
    I succeeded taking him at 50 % Hps targeting him with bows and spells at distance but he gets re-generated at 100 % each time .. well he is a dragon after all !
    Tips welcome
    I have soloed and killed the dragon with my Kensai Arcane Archer. The trick for me was to have my Onyx Panther hireling and a summoned Greater Air Elemental. The panther held the aggro for almost the duration of the encounter; the air ele died fairly quickly, and through it all I poured on the arrows. I was standing on the rocks that are at the edge of the pond, on the message (#12, IIRC) side (left side as you enter the grove).
    I have successfully completed the encounter several times, both solo and in a party, and I have never seen a scale drop. I don't remember seeing him regenerate while fighting, although I know he will if you leave the area completely.
    Good luck hunting!

Default It Spawned :D

My first encounter with the dragon was amazing
    It spawned in the little lake near message #12 and it was impressive!
    Both me and my gf (we usually duo) stayed there for some second just to look at it and admire it
    Then I talked to him-her to solve the encounter by fighting!
    We easily dotted him-her to death (Well I've to admit that I was scared for a moment since he-she put me on my butt with his-her tail whip! God Bless leap of faith...)and we looted a nice amount of money-stuffs (no dragonscales) and sexy sexy exp
    It was really really super funny

PS: I read on the topic that the dragon can spawn in more than 1 location... can someone point out the message's number of the other locations, pls? ^^
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

These are two different green dragons. The first is at #12, the second is due east of #31. Just follow the rock face north until you see the lone squire looking fellow. This is the buggy "Knight Errant" quest. You can hear him snoring if the knight is not there & you have your sound turned up (just like the one in the underdark). #12 is best handled by ranging & DOTing from the rocky/rooty ledge at the tree on the south side of the pond. The other is tougher as there is no such fortunate terrain to be found in the hidden glade. Keep the aspiring knight healed, and he's pretty tough. The dragon will aggro on healers, casters, and ranged types, taking to the air & bombing on occasion as well. You'll need more help with the latter than the former, but I'm certain someone here will provide more advice. His loot is not very good, except for the rare XP & occasional scale.
    On Argonessen, you may call me:
    Schpeik Nottingelse - Kriegge Adanedhel - Hildegar Brightblade
    Proud member of the Order of the Holy Sepulchre "Deus Lo Vult"

if your at the dragon at marker 12. if you don't have the skills or plat to pay him. just steal his gold. he will attack auto. he doesn't like when anyone is stealing his money near him.

How much do you have to tip him to avoid fight ?
    My skills are always too slow : buffs / diplo / etc.. , I guess I will have to recruit tankers to get
    rid of him ..i am cleric lvl 20+1
    Guild Stealer of souls

Theres no way to "win" the encounter with any skills. They set it up really poorly. Youd think having high skills would give you bette results, but no. Even with a 70+ diplo and getting critical success on every option, the result is imo, a failure.

You can only lose. You have to suceed at a lot of checks, then he will demand 25,000 platinum from you. If you pay him, the encounter completes and he lets you loot the chests.. But youll never get loot good enough to recoup the cost, so its a waste.

Just kill him so you dont have to waste the platinum. Level up a bit and try again if you failed. He's not that hard at all.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Theres no way to "win" the encounter with any skills. They set it up really poorly. Youd think having high skills would give you bette results, but no. Even with a 70+ diplo and getting critical success on every option, the result is imo, a failure.

You can only lose. You have to suceed at a lot of checks, then he will demand 25,000 platinum from you. If you pay him, the encounter completes and he lets you loot the chests.. But youll never get loot good enough to recoup the cost, so its a waste.

Just kill him so you dont have to waste the platinum. Level up a bit and try again if you failed. He's not that hard at all.
    Thanks a lot I will try to kill it but not alone ... I feel that I need some good poison protection because when he is
    flying upward he sends green blows that deals a lot of damage to my character
    Anyway thanks a lot for your tips , I will not try to improve my skills as it seems almost impossible to succeed with dialogue.. let's kill the beast then !
    Guild Stealer of souls

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

You 'win' because you made a 'Deal with the Dragon' as a result you get more XP. This 'win' though depends on how you feel about paying 25kpp for the extra XP...
    Argonessen: Breyard, Kayuss, Breymer, Vilar, Zhanmadao
    Guild: Fellowship of the Shrine
    Disclaimer: All my posts are in the official DnD language of Common. Common is not a standardised language, so if you think you see a spelling mistake - you are wrong!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12