Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Community Member janave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,840

    Smile Amaunators Wraps (Eveningstar Challenges) LVL16

    Hey, i thought i share some of my finds, yea i know i really shouldnt hope for the magnificent one but still that feeling of *imayfindtheone* sorta motivated me . This doesnt prove anything the good ones may still be out there :P

    I already shared my opinion on them, so here they are for the looks for whoever is interested

    http://i45.tinypic.com/2d7stvn.jpg
    http://i50.tinypic.com/25iyex1.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/zmfnv8.jpg
    http://i50.tinypic.com/anggg6.jpg
    http://i45.tinypic.com/205y5mp.jpg

  2. #2
    Community Member zarthak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    846

    Default

    if you are on kyber il buy the 1rst one off you
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    So, I feel it is safe to say that the level 16 weapons get 1 constant damage ability, 1 random damage proc, and 1 non-damage ability. Wow, that is bad. At least I now know for sure that I don't want to bother with those items.

  4. #4
    Community Member janave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zarthak View Post
    if you are on kyber il buy the 1rst one off you
    Unfortunately im not .

    Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    So, I feel it is safe to say that the level 16 weapons get 1 constant damage ability, 1 random damage proc, and 1 non-damage ability. Wow, that is bad. At least I now know for sure that I don't want to bother with those items.
    Thats right, also same formula for all weapons afaik.

  5. #5
    Community Member Raithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    Wow, that is bad.
    I would suggest actually doing some damage calcs for these weapons, and pay particular attention to the fact that wounding on handwraps is not exactly common, and that wounding will do about 10.5 average damage to mobs in slayer areas (though mobs in epic hard will be resistant).

    My bard's FIRST pull (level 24 weapon) was a shortsword with:

    Shocking Burst (4 avg damage)
    Cacophony (5.2 * 1.25 resonance = 6.5 avg damage)
    Wounding (10.5 avg. damage and lowers fort save)
    Bleeding (4.5 avg damage)
    +6 enhancement
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Total: 31.5 avg damage

    Compare that with a +5 Holy Burst of Greater Bane:

    Holy Burst (8 avg damage)
    Greater Bane (10.5 + 4 avg damage)
    +5 enhancement
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Total: 27.5 avg damage

    Note that the Cormyrian weapon works on everything in normal/slayer areas, not just the particular type the greater bane works on.
    Last edited by Raithe; 08-15-2012 at 12:34 PM.

  6. #6
    Community Member MaxwellEdison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    556

    Default

    None of them are particularly bad per se they're just not great and all kinda seem like placeholders. Do they change the [w] modifier?

  7. #7
    Community Member Raithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxwellEdison View Post
    None of them are particularly bad per se they're just not great and all kinda seem like placeholders. Do they change the [w] modifier?
    The modifier is 2[w], same as all epic weapons.

  8. #8
    Community Member MaxwellEdison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    The modifier is 2[w], same as all epic weapons.
    On the level 16 ones?

  9. #9
    Community Member Raithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxwellEdison View Post
    On the level 16 ones?
    I can't answer that from experience, but I would seriously doubt the level 16 ones are treated as epic.

  10. #10
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    I would suggest actually doing some damage calcs for these weapons, and pay particular attention to the fact that wounding on handwraps is not exactly common, and that wounding will do about 10.5 average damage to mobs in slayer areas (though mobs in epic hard will be resistant).

    My bard's FIRST pull (level 24 weapon) was a shortsword with:

    Shocking Burst (4 avg damage)
    Cacophony (5.2 * 1.25 resonance = 6.5 avg damage)
    Wounding (10.5 avg. damage and lowers fort save)
    Bleeding (4.5 avg damage)
    +6 enhancement
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Total: 31.5 avg damage

    Compare that with a +5 Holy Burst of Greater Bane:

    Holy Burst (8 avg damage)
    Greater Bane (10.5 + 4 avg damage)
    +5 enhancement
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Total: 27.5 avg damage

    Note that the Cormyrian weapon works on everything in normal/slayer areas, not just the particular type the greater bane works on.
    Counting wounding as 10.5 damage is extremely misleading. It deals 1 pt of con damage. Most mobs on any
    decent difficulty will resist it and even the ones that don't, have a tendency to have a HUGE pool of non con
    related hp. Try WoPing a giant to stunned effect you can easily check by a bit of calculation he ends up with
    more then half this hp even with a con at 0 and the fact you already dealt some damage.

    Also what do you mean by that amount of damage from cacophony? From all I can find cacophony is a sonic
    enhancement clickie.

  11. #11
    Community Member MaxwellEdison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raithe View Post
    I can't answer that from experience, but I would seriously doubt the level 16 ones are treated as epic.
    You're really stuck on the epic thing. They could be applying an additional 0.5, would be nice if information like that was displayed on the handwraps.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,446

    Default

    I think the Holy Paralysing ones are cool - shame they're bound to character, but still!

  13. #13
    Community Member Vormaerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    The lvl 16 greatsword I made did not have any modifier to the [w] factor. It was just +4 Screaming, Corrosive Salt, Vertigo +8.

  14. #14
    Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    work....
    Posts
    30,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawel_San View Post
    Also what do you mean by that amount of damage from cacophony? From all I can find cacophony is a sonic
    enhancement clickie.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Cacophonic_Guard

    And frankly at lvl 16, those middle 3 handwraps are nice.

    Stat damage becomes useless in epic, but not in non epic.

    I doubt most dps calculators take into account the extra damage done while stunned.

  15. #15
    Community Member MaxwellEdison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vormaerin View Post
    The lvl 16 greatsword I made did not have any modifier to the [w] factor. It was just +4 Screaming, Corrosive Salt, Vertigo +8.
    Thanks, this makes a difference when considering using these to twink out fresh lowbies that don't have their GS yet.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Is this from live? I thought those challenge items were Binds on Acquire, not Binds on Equip.

  17. #17
    Community Member Brennie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,509

    Default

    Honestly, I'd have to say you got a couple jackpots with a couple of those!

    Acid + Magma Surge + Destruction
    = This one is "meh". not bad, but franky not great either.

    Shock + Magma Surge + Wounding
    = Now we're talking! Magma surge is definitely on the low end of the Procs, giving some mediocre debuffs to compensate for its not-that-great damage. however, Wounding on handwraps + monk speed is fantastic, and everybody loves some electric damage! Silver medal!

    Holy + Corrosive salt + Paralyzing = Holy is probably the best possible prefix from these rolls, doing a lovely 2d6 damage and getting you good DR bypass. Its only downside is it doesn't stack with Holy Burst ToD rings currently, but those are atleast 2 levels higher anyhow (And not every monk will have them right at 18). I've heard Corrosive Salt's praises sung by forumites, and DDOWiki has it at an average 9.3 damage per attack! Wow! And Paralyzing is just icing... yummy, yummy icing. At level 16, there are still plenty of low will save enemies who can be readily paralyzed within only a couple hits. Again, monk attack speed makes up for lowish DCs pretty spectacularly! This, i think, is the gold medalist of this bunch.

    Flaming + Cacophony + Maladroit = Slightly weaker than the last two, but still a contender. I've heard some great things about Cacophony... but DDOwiki is giving me no help whatsoever in this regard (It has two contradictory statements under its cacophony page). And while Maladroit wouldn't be the first stat damager I'd pick, reducing AC, balance checks and reflex saves will certainly make some party members happy. Bronze Medal!

    Frost + Crushing Wave + Tendon Slice 8%
    = According to DDOwiki, crushing wave does a whopping 10.5 damage per hit average... that more than any other weapon proc I've seen! However, Tendon Slice is, i my opinion, almost entirely useless (Some people claim hamstring/tendon slice lowers attack rate - DDOwiki doesn't confirm this), and frost is only so-so as far as prefixes. Certainly not te worst possible wraps, but not terribly great either.

  18. #18
    Community Member Vormaerin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WielderofGigantus View Post
    Is this from live? I thought those challenge items were Binds on Acquire, not Binds on Equip.
    Might be different for the heroic and epic versions of the gear. Epic level gear seems to have more restrictions. Still, a good question to ask. If its Bind on Equip, there's plenty of options open.

  19. #19
    Community Member Raithe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawel_San View Post
    Counting wounding as 10.5 damage is extremely misleading. It deals 1 pt of con damage. Most mobs on any decent difficulty will resist it and even the ones that don't, have a tendency to have a HUGE pool of non con related hp.
    No, its not misleading at all. I've admitted that the weapon is for slayer areas and heroic/normal runs. On Epic Hard or Elite, it would be better to have a complete set of Holy Burst of Greater Banes, but you won't find me carrying around a golf club bag of them, the game just isn't that difficult to justify that complex of a solution.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawel_San View Post
    Try WoPing a giant to stunned effect you can easily check by a bit of calculation he ends up with more then half this hp even with a con at 0 and the fact you already dealt some damage.
    Yes and at that point you are doing 150% damage, so 50% of all the non-wounding damage you do could be attributed to the wounding effect. Want me to add that up for you?

    Cacophony, like Radiance, is both a spellcasting implement and a weapon damage effect. Why they didn't come up with different names for those is hard to fathom, but the Cacophony on my shortsword does around 250-300 base damage, probably about 1 in 50 swings. I was told it was nearly equivalent to incineration, and from my tests that DOES seem to be the case. The Wiki lists incineration at 5.28 avg damage, I used 5.2 and multiplied it by a rough estimate of the resonance my bard builds up in an enemy as he attacks.

    The calcs are based on MY bard. I was merely showing an example of a weapon calc for a particular character that exceeded the assumed "maximum damage spec" contender.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload