Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    Bragging rights isn't really worth the plat and TP most of us have sunk into crafting. Let the power-gamers and their level 100 guilds have all the bragging rights, most dedicated crafters(at least that I've seen) are casual gamers, and we want something more for our effort!
    Yeah, the changes to random loot have made Cannith Crafting a lot less effective.
    I'm disappointed. The devs said that Cannith crafting would be better than random loot. But they changed their mind. After lots of people spent lots of time on crafting.

Geoff.

Community Member

All they really have to do to restore CC to glory is make all random loot-gen effects craftable(maybe not ALL)

I, for one, would go nuts if I could grasp a Night's Grasp weapon of The Sun's Fury.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smitey View Post
    A good idea.

U14 introduced:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_14_na...m_enchantments

Out of that list craftable ones we already had as cannith craftable:
    acid burst
    aligned
    thorn guard
    silver flame
    telekinetic

Once you have a compiled list this page of the wikki can then be updated:
    Crafting missing properties
    List updated accordingly. Haven't tackled the wiki yet.

The question in my mind(and part of the purpose of this thread) isn't just which ones are missing but which ones is it fair to ask for? Keep in mind: "all of them" is a totally appropriate answer.

Community Member

As a crafter I would relish being able to concoct superior lore ; radiance etc. etc.

It may be too soon however and as a quester I have loved the new appeal of random loot that has been lost since I could craft most things I wanted.

I would say we are more likely to see these new prefix and suffixes as part of an overhaul than just added as new recipes given there is a balance issue, with some enchantments having Greensteel abilities.

Crafting has it's place but I wonder if it's at the cost of all non-named chest loot?

Feather of sun is looking at new treasure in u16/17 so maybe as more suffixes and prefixes possibly appear some of the u14 values can become craftable in u18 so we have a cycle of new uncraftable gear for a period. This way chests and auction house and trades remain active rather than being eclipsed by cannith crafting.

Community Member

Right no crafting's "place" is making twink-gear, that's basically it. You can also make SOME decent

Chests/Auction House/and trades still have very much a place, as gear is a lot cheaper that way. Assuming the fair-market rate for essences is 250p per greater, it costs 21,000 to make a basic +5 item. Obviously a random loot-gen +5 sword is not going to sell for nearly that much.

Random loot-gen stuff is always going to be cheaper and easier to obtain, unless you want something really specific like, say, a Holy +5 Silver Pure Good weapon. When the random loot-gen system DOES create something like that, its a bit like winning the lottery for whoever grabs it.

And yet, such a weapon STILL sells for less on the AH then it would cost to craft it. The difference is the crafter can make it first time every time, so when you want the item you can have it right away(although that holy/pure good example is going to be 2 MLs higher for no god damn reason)

The place of crafting, therefore, is to be make custom weapons/items for those that devote the millions of plat and thousands of turbine points into making them. At the very least, crafting needs to be able to produce items equivalent power to random loot-gen. The current status is that with the exception of custom boss-beaters, random gen is a whole lot better.

The question in my mind(and part of the purpose of this thread) isn't just which ones are missing but which ones is it fair to ask for? Keep in mind: "all of them" is a totally appropriate answer.
    Given the investment, I'd say a minimum of every singular effect produced on random-gen, including each half of the combos.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Given the investment, I'd say a minimum of every singular effect produced on random-gen, including each half of the combos.
    I agree with that sentiment, though I am willing to male some concesions.

I agree with that sentiment, though I am willing to male some concesions.
    Well, the way I look at it, that'd put crafted gear at above green, but below blue, with the potential to replicate blue by sacrificing 2 slots, instead of 1.

If I had my druthers, I wouldn't concede even that much, but I'm big on setting multiple goals for folks to work towards, whether they choose to or not.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Well, the way I look at it, that'd put crafted gear at above green, but below blue, with the potential to replicate blue by sacrificing 2 slots, instead of 1.

If I had my druthers, I wouldn't concede even that much, but I'm big on setting multiple goals for folks to work towards, whether they choose to or not.
    I think crafting is an important goal for the casual player. Its something achievable when things like epics and elites are out of your reach, so you're right, it should be above green, but bellow blue. I woulnd't mind if one or two effects were left out, but they really need at least 95-99% of random-effects.

Quote Originally Posted by GlassJaw View Post
    I'd like to be able to make spell clicky items, especially Haste.
    Wouldn't we all

I hope this never happens, though, as it would be OP. Everyone could have as many haste clickies as they can use between shrines = effective permahaste. At least as it is now, if you want permahaste, you can do it with pots, but you have to buy them.

ooo - hey - what about alchemy? Potions crafting?
    Been playing off and on since Beta
    currently: *Weekly* DDO hours played: 6-10
    on Thelanis
    between 5 actively played characters

Quote Originally Posted by Brennie View Post
    Also, forgive me if I'm incorrect in this, but i do not believe its possible to apply armor bonuses to robes/outfits (which can now be found commonly on randomrolled outfits and robes).
    Yeah - this makes me sad . . .
    Been playing off and on since Beta
    currently: *Weekly* DDO hours played: 6-10
    on Thelanis
    between 5 actively played characters

Quote Originally Posted by chrichton View Post
    Yeah - this makes me sad . . .
    Should note there's:

Natural which caps at 3, and which turns up on random loot up to +6
    Stability, which requires a specific alignment
    Tangentially Invulnerability, DR 5/Magic
    Additionally tangentially, protection, and resistance cap at 5, and personally pulled a +7 resistance.

and the armor bonuses stop at +5s for everybody at present.

I forget offhand what the bracer armor bonuses cap at... +8?

Mnemonic Aid clickies would be AWESOME but broken as all get out.
    Broken as all get out is right, unless such a shard also applied the 'exclusive' property to the item as well preventing having any other cannith crafted item with that shard attached...which would be something a lot more complicated to code w/o breaking every other exclusive item out there right now.

If it weren't exclusive, it would give me all sorts of incentive to get grinding on crafting again in a major way so my druid could fill up most of 1 bag with mnemonic clickies

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dterror View Post
    Broken as all get out is right, unless such a shard also applied the 'exclusive' property to the item as well preventing having any other cannith crafted item with that shard attached...which would be something a lot more complicated to code w/o breaking every other exclusive item out there right now.

If it weren't exclusive, it would give me all sorts of incentive to get grinding on crafting again in a major way so my druid could fill up most of 1 bag with mnemonic clickies
    I was also thinking about how badly it would kill the markets for things like Ring of Spell Storing. Even if you could only make bound, it'd be a sure-fire thing and probably cheaper.

Of coruse, if we could sell UNBOUND mnemonics.... WE COULD BE RICH! RICH AS KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community Member

"all of them" is a totally appropriate answer.
    All of them. With recalculated, less out-of-whack level adjustments based on the actual property instead of the perceived value. With the removal of prefixes and suffixes as a system ( and not the flexible shard system either). Essentially, IMO, I should be able to stick any two effects on any item I want. Special raid and named loot should have a minimum of 3 effects, so you cannot duplicate it via crafting. I'd revisit the pnp rules for ideas and guidelines.

Never gonna happen though. So I'll go with any property that can show up on random loot should be craftable.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by danzig138 View Post
    All of them. With recalculated, less out-of-whack level adjustments based on the actual property instead of the perceived value. With the removal of prefixes and suffixes as a system ( and not the flexible shard system either).
    Yeah I'd love to do away with this stupid prefix/suffix system. Makes it very hard to plan out gear. I end up walking around at 16 with ML11 items on because its a +6 stat item and there's no useful to put on the extra +4 spaces. Meanwhile, there are plenty of prefixes I have no space for.

I think the whole system was just lazily put together, all based on procedural rather than actual coding. Some stuff just makes no sense!

I wouldn't mind if we needed some special item/shard(like the mark of House C) to break prefix/suffix rules, or just mulch the system entirely.

I'd also like to see House Cannith favor made about 100x easier to get or just put the marks for sale in the crafting vendors. This stupid spend a bunch of TP if you want marks is ****ing me off.

Community Member

The issue with adding too much to the crafting system is that you begin to de-value random loot. If everything in the game can be crafted, especially with the masterful craftmanship shard, random loots becomes simply "how many essences can I get from this thing?" There need to be some effects that are only available via random loot or named items to keep them inherently valuable. Otherwise, the dev's may as well change all loot to piles of crafting essences.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    The issue with adding too much to the crafting system is that you begin to de-value random loot. If everything in the game can be crafted, especially with the masterful craftmanship shard, random loots becomes simply "how many essences can I get from this thing?" There need to be some effects that are only available via random loot or named items to keep them inherently valuable. Otherwise, the dev's may as well change all loot to piles of crafting essences.
    Well we're only asking for every effect available on random loot. Once we have that, random loot is still valuable because it's considerable cheaper. On my server, it costs about 65k to craft a +4 Holy/Pure Good item. Just cost of mats, that is making 0 profit. That same item(with no metal-effect) is only worth around 20-30k on the AH(I once bought a +5 Holy/Pure Good bastard sword for 6k).

Meanwhile, a random loot-gen metal-type weapon with those same effects(holy/pure good) will easily sell for 300k+. Of course, due to the Cannith Crafting ML-differences, a +5 Holy/Pure Good random weapon is ML15, while a crafted is 17, making it less desirable.

So random loot will always sell for less. And remember that you can't(as far as I know) make unbound Masterful Craftsmanship shards, so only those that spend time farming House Cannith favor and leveling crafting get the full benifits. Unless they seriously overhaul the system, random loot is never going to loose it's value.

Right now, the way it is, its crafting that has no value.

Community Member

Well we're only asking for every effect available on random loot. Once we have that, random loot is still valuable because it's considerable cheaper. On my server, it costs about 65k to craft a +4 Holy/Pure Good item. Just cost of mats, that is making 0 profit. That same item(with no metal-effect) is only worth around 20-30k on the AH(I once bought a +5 Holy/Pure Good bastard sword for 6k).

Meanwhile, a random loot-gen metal-type weapon with those same effects(holy/pure good) will easily sell for 300k+. Of course, due to the Cannith Crafting ML-differences, a +5 Holy/Pure Good random weapon is ML15, while a crafted is 17, making it less desirable.

So random loot will always sell for less. And remember that you can't(as far as I know) make unbound Masterful Craftsmanship shards, so only those that spend time farming House Cannith favor and leveling crafting get the full benifits. Unless they seriously overhaul the system, random loot is never going to loose it's value.

Right now, the way it is, its crafting that has no value.
    I was not referring to monetary value with that statement. The amount that an item will sell for is constantly in a state of flux, and determined by multiple variables within a given server's economy. What I was referring to is the following: If every single affix that can appear on random loot gen can be crafted, then any crafted item will be significantly better than its random gen counterpart because of the presence of the masterful craftsmanship shard. U14 rebalanced the ML of crafted vs. random gen items to be the same, so that means that anything you can craft you can use 2 levels sooner than the same item found in a chest. Under such a system, items pulled from a chest would have absolutely no value, monetary or otherwise, beyond the amount of essences that can harvested from them.

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    U14 rebalanced the ML of crafted vs. random gen items to be the same, so that means that anything you can craft you can use 2 levels sooner than the same item found in a chest. Under such a system, items pulled from a chest would have absolutely no value, monetary or otherwise, beyond the amount of essences that can harvested from them.

Sure it did.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast