Default Please update the game download

As the title says.
    Just downloaded the game yesterday, so as to install in a new pc, and after 6Gb of download, I still have to go through 11k+ updates on the launcher.
    Shouldn't these updates be already in the download?
    I have a slow ADSL connection, and this takes much time.
    Each new update on the game should be followed by an update on the doanload. Is that not feasible?

edit: I got the high res pack
    Last edited by jejeba86; 08-14-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

/signed wholeheartedly.

After three or four updates to an existing installation, the data files grow horrendously huge and (despite assurances to the contrary) internally fragmented. This adversely effects load times (for those of us not fortunate enough to have SSDs) and can be corrected only by a full uninstall/re-install of the game. Having a download at least two updates behind current release rather diminishes the gains provided by this technique.

/signed...I just re-built 5 computers in the house...all with DDO. You think one is bad...try updating x5 !! Ridiculous that the main file has not been updated.

ShadowFlash
    All the math your brain can handle concerning Divine Punishment
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=344769

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFlash View Post
    /signed...I just re-built 5 computers in the house...all with DDO. You think one is bad...try updating x5 !! Ridiculous that the main file has not been updated.
    This can be avoided with the use of a flash drive. Update a single computer. Copy the updated DDO installation to a flash drive (16Gb at least) and then transfer that copy to all your other boxes. It can also be accomplished over a network, but anything less than a gig pipe will take a while.