Community Member

Default Pale Master vs. Stat Damage

So i'm trying to solo dreaming dark on elite for favor. In lich form the boss is incapable of hurting me, but he always takes my charasma to 0 long before i can kill him... rendering me helpless and therefor unable to finish him off. So i decide to get a hireling with greater restoration, only to find that i am immune to it while in undead form. I tried going out of undead form but hirelings cannot be trusted to be smart... and i spent more time trying to get the thing to heal me and restore me than i did attacking the boss.

So.. if i am understanding things correctly... us undead types are not immune to stat damage, but we are immune to anything that might cure it? Perhaps a pale lavander ione stone would prevent the stat damage for a while, but i highly doubt it would last long enough since stat damage seems to be the Devourer's favorite attack. Is there anything at all a pale master in undead form can do to cure stat damage?

Not much to do but drop form and chug some resto pots. PLIS isn't really an option either as it will just get melted by your aura.

For this guy in particular, kite him around a pillar and only let him have line of sight for a split second when you refresh your dots

I could be wrong but if i remember correctly: Harm healed your stat damage while in form like heal does. A ring from abbot drops with x3 harm clickies.

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    I could be wrong but if i remember correctly: Harm healed your stat damage while in form like heal does. A ring from abbot drops with x3 harm clickies.
    This is true, but 3 ckicks isn't quite enough.
    Devs have acknowledged that PMs and stat damage is an important issue, and said they'll do something. But for now, nothing... Your best bet is to hide to avoid any damage.

To be completly honest, even HP healing seems weak since the level cap increase. Hoping for a higher level self healing spell.
    Last edited by -Zephyr-; 08-11-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    I could be wrong, but I had the idea that you couldn't cast that cliky on yourself. Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    This is true, but 3 ckicks isn't quite enough.
    Devs have acknowledged that PMs and stat damage is an important issue, and said they'll do something. But for now, nothing... Your best bet is to hide to avoid any damage.

To be completly honest, even HP healing seems weak since the level cap increase. Hoping for a higher level self healing spell.

Devs have pretty much ignored this whole thing, no indication they have spent any time looking to resolve this in any meaningful way.

I would have expected Dev's to modify the lesser restoration pots and Restoration to work on Necro Casters.. but nothing..

Dont even see it as a item on the known issues list. So that tells me they havent even acknowledged this is a problem they are working on.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=150534

All we can do is continue to bug report it and hope it pops onto the radar of someone at DDO.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 02-22-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(HC 28/42,EC 26/36,IC 12/12), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-EC 32/36), Whatthetruck(Raid farmer-2nd life).. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

The altar will break his LoS so he can't ego whip you.

Other than dropping form to use restoration, or the abbot ring, that's your best bet.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Get an Axe of Famine and pause every now and again to beat him with it. 5% chance of producing a Greater Restoration if I remember right.