Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Developers: We want Endgame gear.

Plain and simple. All (not everything but almost) we have got since the expansion came out is for the "not so well geared" people. I understand that, I seriously do.

However, it's time to give us "endgame" players something to work for.

We want epic gear. We want epic bonuses. We want our toons to get better. We are sick of the usual "Stealth strike 15%, Potency 60, Incite +20%, Attack bonus +4" stuff that you can have with Cannith crafting.

We want an Epic Stealth strike. We want an Exceptional Potency. We want an Exceptional Incite +20%. Attack bonus +6.

- Melees want to get rid of their Esos. Give us a Greatsword with 17-20/x3 38 base damage, +10 Hemorrhaging Rightneouss of Greater incineration/Lightning strike. Give them some new effects: "Every time you hit an enemy in the Demonweb under Lloth's eye, you have a 10% chance to gain a +2 damage, stacking three times. It lasts 20 secs and the counter resets every time you gain a stack"

- Give those poor healers a reason to raid. I'd be fine with them having a 1hw with +7 QS +21 Implement bonus, +140 Radiance bonus, Epic Divine Lore (+15% crit chance, +0.75% dmg multiplier). Just for divines. Yes, one handed. So, when they get it, they can carry scrolls to help us get our shinies too. (just kidding, but they haven't had any serious loot in a while).

- Sorcerers wants them too. Give us a Quartestaff with Superior Arcane Lore +130 Potency (better than random loot, this is an EPIC ENDGAME RAID we are talking of) of one element but add something cool at that. A suffix unknown. Hell something like "every time you cast a spell of the Element of this quarterstaff, you have a 10% chance to gain an exceptional +10 Potency of that element, stacking 3 times". One Quarterstaff for each savant.

- Rogues need some serious love, specially the not-so-common builds. Give the INT/DEX Rogues a weapon like EMG. Hell, just add INT/DEX to dmg and atk to Agony, the Knife in the Dark, Balizarde, Protector of the King, Celestia, Brightest Star of Day. Give tho the knife a special property like the Greatsword: "Every time you hit an enemy in the Demonweb under Lloth's eye, you have a 10% chance to gain a +2 stacking Sneak attack damage, up to three times, 20 secs"

- Put handwraps in there.

This is just the weapons I'd like to be added or modified to the raid. We would like to see more epic stuff on other slots too like I said before. +8 stats and +3 insightful are great but we want also some other improvements. Exceptional threath generation (or reduction), exceptional +10% healing amp, +20 skill bonuses, Seeker/shatter/vertigo/anything +15.

Give us something to work for, please.

Sorry for the "tiny" rant (I like to call them Suggestions) but I seriously FEEL, SEE and HEAR that what we are getting isn't what we want.

PS: With "WE" I mean those who I talk with, those who I see on the forum and everyone else that fit this WE. If you aren't a part of this crowd, I'm not talking for you also. This thread isn't about that.

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

Thumbs up

/signed

Eh I dunno if I agree with all of your changes, but after seeing the weapons in the Lolth raid, I approve the spirit of this thread!
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

I agree mostly.

I'm sick of being a "negative nancy" on these boards just to paint the picture of what the game looks like to a THF melee player that has no gear progression.

It just sucks. Genasi seemed to have designed much better gear. Sorry feather, but thats my opinion.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith_Sarevok View Post
    /signed

Eh I dunno if I agree with all of your changes, but after seeing all the weapons in the Lolth raid, I approve the spirit of this thread!
    My suggested changes are there just to throw in some ideas. My and our spirit is what I'd like to show to the devs.

/signed

Gearing is too easy now. I like great gear - but it should be challenging to get.

Community Member

Ok ok , I agree with u but, with this op gear we need a seriusly and significant improved difficulties in EE or a new difficult mode ( leggendary?). I like u suggestion, but remember this , no challenge no fun, ATM ddo is a game designed only for casual gamers. Sry for my english i hope u undestand
    Uriziem Completionist done, past life 28/30
    solo ADQ2 EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414558
    solo FoT EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414946
    Waiting better and harder end game(or neverwinter online)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
    Gearing is too easy now. I like great gear - but it should be challenging to get.
    If they keep up the risk vs reward (EE having better gear than EH and EN), it will be challenging enough to get. If they do something like that for the raid too, it would be fun.

The point of thread isn't the gear I suggested, those are just the first things that came to my mind. I was just pointing that us endgame players, at the moment, have nothing to improve our chars because all the new gear is for the casual players.

Power creep is bad M'kay?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dredre9987 View Post
    Power creep is bad M'kay?
    ML24 being less powerful than ML20 is bad M'kay?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    We getting that now - Rare drops that scale in power with difficulty. I know i will be farming the new content on EE. The new ivy wraps are just jummy

Besides that - good gear development should newer make the old gear into trash. That would automaticly make the old content not run anymore and make all "perfect gear" layout pretty similar. We also get power creep that just forces the devs to make more difficult content in the other end. This is standard operating mode in a lot of MMOS and is simply lazy dev work.

To me ML20 or 24 is irrelevant as you will spend most of the time at 24+ anyway. Only gear with less than ML20 has a real advantage as that is used for TRing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xezno View Post
    We getting that now - Rare drops that scale in power with difficulty. I know i will be farming the new content on EE. The new ivy wraps are just jummy

Besides that - good gear development should newer make the old gear into trash. That would automaticly make the old content not run anymore and make all "perfect gear" layout pretty similar. We also get power creep that just forces the devs to make more difficult content in the other end. This is standard operating mode in a lot of MMOS and is simply lazy dev work.

To me ML20 or 24 is irrelevant as you will spend most of the time at 24+ anyway. Only gear with less than ML20 has a real advantage as that is used for TRing.
    Who is talking about making old gear into trash? Torc will still be first in slot for casters. Kundarak boots are the only non-wep with FoM. Litany still is one of the best in slot.

ML 20 and 24 is relevant. New endgame content = new endgame gear. We don't want to go from an Esos to a Greatsword 14-20/x8 with 100 base damage. We want small improvements but STILL improvements. Content is hard enough in EE, it doesn't need to be improved.

Community Member krackythehoodedone's Avatar

I notice no range weapons in there ?

Not sure their will ever be an ESOS +. ,but we could do with a few weapons that come close to it.

Ive spent three years gearing one toon, not sure i wanna start again.

I would like to see a way to upgrade the old Redscale to the newer version tho

/Not signed. Power creep (sprint if you follow the OP's suggestions) is a bad thing. Particularly when you consider that the EDs themselves are a huge power increase, it is worth seeing how the power levels stabilise with them before introducing even more monty haul loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    The correct way to fix this would be nerf stuff like eSoS from orbit. When a single weapon has dominated top item for melee for a number of years, its not because the developers are lazy making new stuff. It means they made a huge mistake putting it in game in the first place.

PnP 3.5E D&D collapses as you get to very high levels because of exponential power creep for caster classes (Wizards, Clerics, Druids largely). Turbine has managed to keep spellcasting in DDO relatively balanced by removing the most powerful spells or moderating their effects, and has also uplifted melee class effectiveness through the enhancements system.

However, they continue to make the mistake of introducing hugely overpowered items into the game, with resultant inflation of mob capabilities and further calls for even more powerful loot. Its a vicious cycle that can't be broken by creating even more overpowered loot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loriac View Post
    /Not signed. Power creep (sprint if you follow the OP's suggestions) is a bad thing. Particularly when you consider that the EDs themselves are a huge power increase, it is worth seeing how the power levels stabilise with them before introducing even more monty haul loot.

The correct way to fix this would be nerf stuff like eSoS from orbit. When a single weapon has dominated top item for melee for a number of years, its not because the developers are lazy making new stuff. It means they made a huge mistake putting it in game in the first place.
    So the solution is nerf not buff? No. Just no. A weapon with 4 average damage (made up number) more than Esos wouldn't be game-breaking nor overpowered and it would give us something to work for.

The solution is buff, not nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Loriac View Post

The correct way to fix this would be nerf stuff like eSoS from orbit.
    You realize that would just make a TON of people angry. Then they'd start a new "Don't Nerf the Madstone Boots!!!" style thread and spam the forums with complaints. And if the devs didn't change it back, some of them would rage-quit the game. Nobody wins. Everybody loses.
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

Ya know I hate to do this but here goes...,

WoW had done what your wanting for years. Know what happened? They had to make a whole new expansion and change the whole world around for things to be run again. Cataclysm. That was specifically done because of power creep over time.

With Destinies right now, we have gained a huge amount of power over what we already had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Oh and honestly, you are all carrying portal beaters on your casters? What on earth are you using it on often enough to clog up your bag with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Portals.

Community Member

WoW had done what your wanting for years. Know what happened? They had to make a whole new expansion and change the whole world around for things to be run again. Cataclysm. That was specifically done because of power creep over time.

With Destinies right now, we have gained a huge amount of power over what we already had.
    You know that 4 more points of damage (made up number, again) won't break the game? Or +2 Attack bonus? Or +10 HP? Or +2 DC?

So just cause you are afraid of this so called "power creep", we deserve nothing? And we are stuck with ML 2 years old loot?

Community Member

Power creep, in and of itself, is not a bad thing. If fact, it is generally a good thing. The difficult part comes in balancing how much power creep you add to the game over time. If you don't have power creep, then all of the new items that are created are just alternatives with the same effective power level. The biggest problem, in my mind, isn't that they haven't introduced new items with the level cap increase, but rather the fact that they spent so long without increasing the level cap. I say that because the last few years worth of power creep all had the same level requirement, when it should have been going up slightly over time. Now there is a big jump in max level, but the power creep is still staying at the same ratio it has been it, so it gives the impression of a lack of new good loot to chase. The ED system is one form of power creep, but it isn't the only form. Some slightly more powerful items are needed for the end game players to chase after. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, Turbine has decided that the second pack of the expansion still won't be actual end game content, but rather just more "stepping stone" content on the way to an end game that doesn't exist yet. The next pack to come out really needs to be level 24/25 quests with a good raid with good raid loot that is at least competitive with some of the more desirable loot.

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    If you don't have power creep, then all of the new items that are created are just alternatives with the same effective power level.
    This is in fact EXACTLY what Turbine has been doing lately.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast