Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxhunter View Post
    This was addressed elsewhere but can't find it. My wolf list is blank. Same with a couple guildies. It's not listed on the infamous "official known issues" list. Is this common?
    Happens to everyone upon every relog, and in some other cases too. Killing a single additional wolf will refresh it and show all the hidden info. It's never lost, just unavailable due to the bug at times.

Once you've unlocked wolf expertise, youll always see wolf hp too regardless of if its blank or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Happens to everyone upon every relog, and in some other cases too. Killing a single additional wolf will refresh it and show all the hidden info. It's never lost, just unavailable due to the bug at times.

Once you've unlocked wolf expertise, youll always see wolf hp too regardless of if its blank or not.
    Some other cases includes simply leaving the quest or zone where you killed the additional wolf. Also sometimes mine does not refresh from killing an additional wolf, I have to kill a brand new wolf type altogether. But if the info's only hidden not loosing anything but visibility... well thats just annoying not critical, so thats good to know.

On another note. Mudmen in Redfens identify as Earth Elementals but are not counting as such in the MM. Are they actually earth elementals or just mislabled?
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    On another note. Mudmen in Redfens identify as Earth Elementals but are not counting as such in the MM. Are they actually earth elementals or just mislabled?
    WAI. The monster manual works off the "race" of a monster.

Mudmen ID as:
    Type: Earth Elemental
    Race: Muckman
    So they correctly don't register.

If it went off type, and had to be some specific type, say animal for wolf, then Wolf would be impossible to get Hunter II.. As while most are Animals, many are magical beasts. The type doesn't matter, as long as the race lists: Earth Elemental, it should register.

Though mudmen being typed as earth elem does seem like a bug. Think they should just be "Elemental" for type. Though there race name is bugged too...
    Last edited by Shade; 09-26-2012 at 02:25 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Some other cases includes simply leaving the quest or zone where you killed the additional wolf. Also sometimes mine does not refresh from killing an additional wolf, I have to kill a brand new wolf type altogether. But if the info's only hidden not loosing anything but visibility... well thats just annoying not critical, so thats good to know.

Just to echo what Shade said, Race is the main factor when seeing if the entry should pop up in the Monster Manual.

So for your example, Mudmen are Earth Elemental types but they belong to the Muckman Race, so they should pop up as Muckmen in a future Monster Manual. (P.S. I don't expect them to pop up in the Monster Manual anytime soon since there is not a large variety of Muckmen currently.)

Some other examples:

* Various undead rats are classified as Undead types, but Rat Race. This is why they appear under Rats and not Zombies (unlike the other zombie races--Elf, Halfling, etc)
    * Various Quori Spiders won't pop up under the Spider entry since their race is Quori. Dream Stealers shouldn't appear in the Wraith entry (I haven't checked on this one) since their race is Quori. Dream Reavers shouldn't appear in the Reaver entry of the Monster Manual if it's added since their race is also Quori. Dream Scourges also shouldn't appear in the Shadow entry of the Monster Manual because their race is Quori. (aside: yes, I fully expect that Quori, Shadows and Reavers have enough variety currently to eventually pop up in the Monster Manual in the future.)
    * Gelatinous Cubes don't appear in the Monster Manual as Ooze because their race is Gelatinous Cubes. This is also why Living Spells don't pop up as Ooze since their race is Living Spells. (Aside: Personally, I believe Cubes should appear as Oozes since there's only about 3 different Cubes and there is little different between Ooze and Cubes. With that said, I expect Living Spells should appear in a future Monster Manual since there is a large variety of them, even if they only appear in a handful of spots.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    WAI. The monster manual works off the "race" of a monster.

Mudmen ID as:
    Type: Earth Elemental
    Race: Muckman
    So they correctly don't register.

If it went off type, and had to be some specific type, say animal for wolf, then Wolf would be impossible to get Hunter II.. As while most are Animals, many are magical beasts. The type doesn't matter, as long as the race lists: Earth Elemental, it should register.

Though mudmen being typed as earth elem does seem like a bug. Think they should just be "Elemental" for type. Though there race name is bugged too...
    Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Just to echo what Shade said, Race is the main factor when seeing if the entry should pop up in the Monster Manual.

So for your example, Mudmen are Earth Elemental types but they belong to the Muckman Race, so they should pop up as Muckmen in a future Monster Manual. (P.S. I don't expect them to pop up in the Monster Manual anytime soon since there is not a large variety of Muckmen currently.)
    Thank you both for that succint explanation. I had not noticed the distinction between race and type, although looking back on it... it should have been self-evident.
    "Its not D&D anymore, more D$D." -- Brannigan
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Weeeee 4 days necro (i admit i'm not the best necromancer around).

Is this thread still on the radar of whoever is in charge of fixing the missing entries?
    Hope so.

Here is a bunch of missing entries:
    - Kremen: rare encounter troll chieftain of Sorrowdusk (tunnel leading on top of the hill)
    - Cultist of the Six: human clerics in Sorrowdusk
    - Warrior of the Six: human fighter/wizards in Sorrowdusk
    - High Cultist: human clerics in Sorrowdusk
    - Copper Concord Bard: human bards in Foundation of Discord
    - Silver Concord Fighter: human fighters in Foundation of Discord
    - Zakya Cultist: human fighters and fighter/wizards in A Cry For Help and Prison of the Planes (about half of the enemy are elves, the other half are humans)
    - Zakya Cult Archer: human archers in A Cry For Help and Prison of the Planes (about half of the enemy are elves, the other half are humans)
    - Eidolon Darkmist: human orange named optional in Maze of Madness

Are the Heytons skeletons/zombies fixed or they still count as regular skeletons/zombies? EDIT: Heytons still count as regular skeletons/zombies.
    Last edited by delsoboss; 10-12-2012 at 02:12 AM. Reason: checked Heytons

Community Member

I understand that the mobs in the High Road pack aren't logging into the Monster Manual since it's still a bit early for it on Lamannia. However, the one mob that does register in the Manual from this pack is the Umbral Gargoyle Lord. Why? All Umbral creatures (Rat, Worgs, etc) are Shadows. Yes, even Umbral Rats when examined are Shadows, which breaks from all the other rats in the game (and it should be listed as a Shadow, in my opinion). In fact, regular Umbral Gargoyles don't even register in the Monster Manual, just the red named Lord. Examining the Umbral Gargoyle Lord, his race is Shadow so it's not like he's a power gargoyle that can control Umbral Gargoyles.

And while I'm questioning/complaining about improper entries in the Monster Manual, why is the Living Nightmares appearing under Ooze? Yes, Living Nightmares are Ooze type, but their race is Living Spells. Either all Living Spells should be included as Ooze in the entry or the Living Nightmare should be removed from the entry.

Has anyone gotten all 12 bat types? I know a couple types from Devils Assault are not showing up in the Monster Manual. Just curious if missed one.

Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Monster Manual - Bat

Quote Originally Posted by Kerthyn View Post
    Has anyone gotten all 12 bat types? I know a couple types from Devils Assault are not showing up in the Monster Manual. Just curious if missed one.
    Unfortunately, it is currently not possible for players to get 12 bat types! We are aware of this, and we will be lowering the requirements for the deed.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Unfortunately, it is currently not possible for players to get 12 bat types! We are aware of this, and we will be lowering the requirements for the deed.
    While at it, could you take a look at warforged, the hunter deed is set to 60, but there's no way in the nine hells of baator that's achievable with the amount of 'unkillable' WF we run into.

Default Skeleton master list(In Progress)

Whew glad I found this thread...didnt wanna have to bug report the list lol. I recently set out to complete my skeletion expertise and found a few absentees

type: Acolyte of the flame

type:Blackbone Kyudoka

type:Flamebound Sacrificer

Creatures that need a "skeleton added"
    Hill Giant Shaman
    Hill Giant Warrior

Will be checking these in the next few days:
    Brimstone Gate Keeper - Cursed Crypt
    Entropic Giant - Challenge: Kobold Island: The Disruptor
    Garamol - SubT
    Tormented Bones - Tomb of the Tormented

*Thank you Oradafu for your input and made the changes. Even if they just need "skeleton" added to their names its certainly something the devs wanted to know
    Last edited by Dark_Knight_Silver; 11-05-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_Silver View Post
    Whew glad I found this thread...didnt wanna have to bug report the list lol. I recently set out to complete my skeletion expertise and found a few absentees

type: Acolyte of the flame

type:Blackbone Kyudoka

type:Flamebound Sacrificer
    Necro4 mobs that spawn after killing a mob aren't appearing in the MM, which is true with most mobs that do this. Crooktooth and mephits are probably the best examples of this outside of the Necro4.

And yes, the various Blackbones in the Soami Gardens don't appear on live. I don't know about Lamannia, since this is the Lamannia forum.

Giants showing in skeleton:
    Hill Giant Shaman
    Hill Giant Warrior
    These are a couple of the Mabar skeletons that don't have the word skeleton in their name.
    Other examples are Cloud Giant Lord, Cloud Giant Mage, Frost Giant Soldier, Frost Giant Yarl and Storm Giant Councilor. These are all correctly placed in the Monster Manual and clicking on them shows their protrait as skeletons, which they are.

I saw this one is it even real?
    type:Spahgetti Chef
    If you haven't found the Djinni's Super Secret Ristorante by now, I'm afraid you never will.

Will be checkjing these in the next few days:
    Brimstone Gate Keeper - Cursed Crypt
    Cymon Durosom - Orchard of the Macabre
    Madellia Braelon - Orchard of the Macabre
    Elite Skeletan Knight - Mining for Secrets
    Elite Skeletan Archer - Mining for Secrets
    Elite Skeletan Sorcerer - Mining for Secrets
    Entropic Giant - Challenge: Kobold Island: The Disruptor
    Garamol - SubT
    Skeleton Captain - Three Barrel Cove: Old Grey Garl
    Tormented Bones - Tomb of the Tormented
    Undying Warden - Location & Existence unknown

I can confirm on live that Cymon, Madellia, the Elite Skeletons in Mining for Secrets (along with the rare Larazgl), Skeleton Captain and Undying Warden all appear in the Monster Manuals. As for the others, I haven't tripped across them yet either on live or Lamannia.
    Last edited by oradafu; 11-03-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    As I tell my own programming students: don't fix it with a chainsaw when a scalpel will suffice.

Why lower the bat requirement when just making the Fiendish Dire Bat from Devil Assault register correctly would make 12 bats available?

Other scalpel candidates
    Bugbear: 30 types required, 30 exist in game, but Crooktooth (named, Red Fens) does not register

Chainsaw candidates
    Mephit: 50 types required, only 45 exist in game
    Elf: 55 types required, only 47 exist in game
    Halfling: 40 types required, only 25 exist in game
    Warforged: 60 types required, only 50 exist in game
    Ghoul: 14 types required, only 13 exist in game
    Zombie: 68 types required, only 67 exist in game

Just checked my Bat's in the Manual, since the new update lowered the requirements to 10/10. I have 11 and the Bat hunter icon is greyed out, and Master rewards 7/7 is reading 6/7 even though i have achieved 7/7.

Okay just killed a bat and everything is fixed now.
    Last edited by Kerthyn; 11-12-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Community Member

Default Wrong Level Mobs

Quest: Madstone Crater
    Monster: Skeleton Enchanters

On Epic Normal - Skeleton Enchanters are CR 12

Quote Originally Posted by Barazon View Post
    As I tell my own programming students: don't fix it with a chainsaw when a scalpel will suffice.

Why lower the bat requirement when just making the Fiendish Dire Bat from Devil Assault register correctly would make 12 bats available?

Other scalpel candidates
    Bugbear: 30 types required, 30 exist in game, but Crooktooth (named, Red Fens) does not register

Chainsaw candidates
    Mephit: 50 types required, only 45 exist in game
    Elf: 55 types required, only 47 exist in game
    Halfling: 40 types required, only 25 exist in game
    Warforged: 60 types required, only 50 exist in game
    Ghoul: 14 types required, only 13 exist in game
    Zombie: 68 types required, only 67 exist in game
    I've been on 29 Bugbears for months now! - Can we have a dev comment about Crooktooth please {or at least put a new Bugbear type or three in Epic Gianthold!}.

Sorrowdusk Rare - Kremen {troll}
    Does NOT count - All the other rares {that should} do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FranOhmsford View Post
    I've been on 29 Bugbears for months now! - Can we have a dev comment about Crooktooth please {or at least put a new Bugbear type or three in Epic Gianthold!}.
    I ran around the public area of Cove and the stuff out there did register in the MM. I didn't delve any further than this though.

So it appears that people who run the Cove should get over the Bugbear hump. Still, I'd prefer the Hunter numbers to be attainable without running special events.

Hobgoblin Opportunist and Hobgoblin Raider didn't seem to get added to the MM, inside the CR22 crystal cove dungeon.

The new zombie worked as expected though.
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.
    olganon.org - A videogame shouldn't be your life.

Community Member Sunarch_Kunari's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfruit View Post
    Elite Orthon Shock Troopers are being added to some troglodyte's kill count instead.
    That's been a long standing bug.
    Khorgain (Orien) - Nearc (Orien) - Sunarch (Khyber)
    Quote Originally Posted by danzig138 View Post
    I want a small planetary system orbiting around my cranium.
    Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Congratulations, you made a high priestess into a heretic - here's your XP.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast