Default Burden of Guilt Debuff ANNOYING to say the Least

I made my build plan for my monk spent hours on it dealt with this bug on my toon when hunting gear that will work and saw the debuff hit me nothing to worry about right? just remove the last equiped item and reequip and poof debuff gone on my toon...so what in the name of Khyber do we do when it hits the summons and hires? I called the Panther and yes after seeing it on the big fluffly cute kitty I decided to try the owlbear level 25 and it to had the debuff each had no timer visible I called the cleric thinking ok well at least I will have heals right? NO! the cleric had it too. I logged out for an hour after the timer of my anger infused dismissal of the Baywatch Nights wanna bees and left the quest before it started waited patiantly for the recall timer to disappear and poof i Left world for the hour. Came back and thougth ok lets try this once more so off into EE Devial Assault I go well the debuff seemed gone so went in to start the quest and bam I get a mob of unsure CR od devils that one shot me a level 28 monk, my hires were moving yet again as if they were filming DDO Baywatch Nightsso i ask what in Khyber's bowels is the problem?
    Don't be fooled life is a game and there is no cheat codes or glitches just really mad devs getting even with us all

Quote Originally Posted by AmiSouthpaw View Post
    I made my build plan for my monk spent hours on it dealt with this bug on my toon when hunting gear that will work and saw the debuff hit me nothing to worry about right? just remove the last equiped item and reequip and poof debuff gone on my toon...so what in the name of Khyber do we do when it hits the summons and hires? I called the Panther and yes after seeing it on the big fluffly cute kitty I decided to try the owlbear level 25 and it to had the debuff each had no timer visible I called the cleric thinking ok well at least I will have heals right? NO! the cleric had it too. I logged out for an hour after the timer of my anger infused dismissal of the Baywatch Nights wanna bees and left the quest before it started waited patiantly for the recall timer to disappear and poof i Left world for the hour. Came back and thougth ok lets try this once more so off into EE Devial Assault I go well the debuff seemed gone so went in to start the quest and bam I get a mob of unsure CR od devils that one shot me a level 28 monk, my hires were moving yet again as if they were filming DDO Baywatch Nightsso i ask what in Khyber's bowels is the problem?
    ohmygodthisisdownrightawfultoreadasicannotquitemak eoutwhereonethoughtendsandanotherbeginsthatsaidyou mightbeequippingsomethingyouarenotmeantto

Hero
    USN(ret)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
    ohmygodthisisdownrightawfultoreadasicannotquitemak eoutwhereonethoughtendsandanotherbeginsthatsaidyou mightbeequippingsomethingyouarenotmeantto
    Actually he is correct that the burden of guilt debuff is affecting the hirelings as well. I noticed the bug and found it amusing that the hireling I had was no where to be found and ran back to where the map showed him.When I arrived it was kind of funny watching the hireling run at maybe 3 pixels a second across the room he was still in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
    Well sorry that you can not follow the thread perhaps you have never called a hire while in Lamannia since this bug has been found, but to ease the strain on your brain here it is plainly and not trying to vent my frustration.

- Hirelings are suffering from Burden of Guilt Debuff that has no timer.
    - Characters suffer from the same buff but can remove last equip item then reequip to remove the debuff but how to correct it on hires.
    - Dismissing the hireling waiting for penalty disappears to recall them still suffering.
    - Relogging and debuff still on hirelings.
    - PM Wizards see this in their skeletons that they summon (*Just made a wizard and tried this and saw it)
    - Onyx Panther/Owlbear suffer though they tend to run normal speeds their attacks are in slow motion and the debuff is not listed when examining them.

Hopefully that relieves the troll
    Don't be fooled life is a game and there is no cheat codes or glitches just really mad devs getting even with us all

Exclamation

I am having the same problem with hires as well as my iron defender
    William L. DeAemond

Hero
    USN(ret)

I did find the only way of getting the debuff off of the hirelings, let them die and then rez them, Debuff was gone.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Quote Originally Posted by wmdearmond View Post
    I am having the same problem with hires as well as my iron defender
    I have more problems with wall of texts than with hires.

As well as being annoying, it's also mis-named.
    I admit that "Burden of Turbine not Bothering to Debug Anything Involving the Bank" isn't as snappy, but it's certainly a more accurate reason for the debuff than "Guilt".

Community Member

Can this bug please be fixed instead of introducing this debuff?

Loulani (17 Druid, 2 Monk, 1 Artificer): a healer who cc's (70 Evocation DC) and does traps (110 Disable Device, 107 Search)

Quote Originally Posted by AmiSouthpaw View Post

Hopefully that relieves the troll
    Nope, but a I had a bran muffin and that did the job.

I honestly do not care what this 'burden of guilt' thing is for. It is absolutely enraging, it is pointless,
    more it is an insult to your customers turbine. If this is turbines 'solution' to something whoever thought
    it up does not understand the meaning of solution. My skeleton, arti-dog, wolf, hires, panther, owlbears,
    and character are broken beyond use by this abomination of code.

After all these years of being your loyal customer (bought the box and subscribed from launch) this is
    the first time I have been disappointed enough by one of your heavy handed reactionary tactics to
    seriously consider leaving the game. This addition is intolerable it is BS. This 'solution' is unacceptable
    should it make it to live I will most probably be unable to continue on as your customer in the face of such insult.

Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    Nope, but a I had a bran muffin and that did the job.
    ooops forgot about you sorry meant the one that forgot the placement of his spacebar ;p

Yes the fact that they die is the only way to get rid of the debuff is good but not for the Iron defenders and skeletons they tend to keep it even in death at least that has been my experience in the times.

If this goes live then it will fall in the same grounds that people are in currently on the live servers with mabar and the 'Invisible Vampires' of Mabar. I have passed more people dead or incapacitated from vampire attacks asking seriously were the heck the fanger is. "Burden of Guilt' is only there i think to make us feel bad that we are trying out builds and equipment or so I thought till I found one piece of gear the old fashioned way i did a quest...crazy right?

When I put it on BAM i had the debuff so its nothing more than a equipment thing and does not discriminate in any form
    Last edited by AmiSouthpaw; 10-28-2013 at 06:40 AM.

Step 1: Take a deep breath.

Step 2: Relax.

This was put in the Lamannia Known Issues when we updated them on 10/24.
    It's the first one at the top, under "Of Special Note"

Link: Lamannia Known Issues

NEW: Equipping an item for the first time may give you a debuff which lowers your movement speed and attack speed. You may also encounter this debuff when you first log in to this Lamannia build. To remove the debuff, unequip the item, then equip it again. This bug is already corrected for the next Lamannia build.
    When we update Lamannia, it's a snapshot of the development environment in progress. Not everything you see is complete... or even relevant. When there's something like this that isn't yet functioning, (but also won't actually affect anyone when it's implemented), we use that Known Issues post to let you know not to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Step 1: Take a deep breath.

Step 2: Relax.

This was put in the Lamannia Known Issues when we updated them on 10/24.
    It's the first one at the top, under "Of Special Note"

Link: Lamannia Known Issues

When we update Lamannia, it's a snapshot of the development environment in progress. Not everything you see is complete... or even relevant. When there's something like this that isn't yet functioning, (but also won't actually affect anyone when it's implemented), we use that Known Issues post to let you know not to worry about it.
    True this I knew just saying that it is annoying when it affects Hirelings which i did not see in the notes is the point i was aiming at but it turned into a vent on my end for the frustration of hires being effected

Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Updated the known issue list to be a little more clear that this wonkiness is only for the Lama build.