Brand / Commerce Manager Tolero's Avatar

Default Challenge Feedback: Ruined Tower - Daybreak Ritual

Use this thread for feedback on the U15 Challenge variant "Ruined Tower: The Daybreak Ritual"!

Ran it twice, Both on maximum difficulty - cr30:
    First time:
    Me on my bbn (25, fury ED, well geared)
    Tethx on his fvs (25, Shiradi ED, well geared)

Easily crushed it, 6 stars on our very first attempt. We did have some experience with the very similar other keep challenge tho.

Loot: usual junk.
    Reward: 150 coins - but it seems this has already been rectified by feather/kookie to give a much more appropriate reward, so should be ok now at the new 2.5 value.

Really tho both keeps are far too easy on 30. Especially compared to the very difficulty Arena. They are like night and day.

Keep bosses at least deserve some serious boosts on 30. Especially the dire bear tagged as an "extreme challenge" . He was an extreme joke imo. Died in 30 seconds, never got my hp below 900 (got 1100 max).

Really an cr30+ extreme challenge bear should be something to fear.. Suggest:
    Quadruple or more his damage output. You should be afraid of extreme challlenges and consider skipping it!
    Hp up +10%. It wasnt too bad, I just kinda did some extrem dmg with a quad dmg buff to end him quick.

Tree dude: Same deal. Very easy. Even easier then other one, but i guess since hes not really optional and not taged as "extreme" i couild see him being easier..
    Still suggest:
    3x dmg output: May seem like a lot, but really he swings SUPER SLOW.. So should be hitting in the 300-400+ range (with 0 prrr).
    Hp up +10%. He died fast, but u cant crit him, so dont go too crazy on the hp.

Balistae:
    Seems the bug where u cant fire em was fixed. Managed to fire one off. It never hit anything tho, so not sure they actually deal dmg.

Run 2:
    Me on sor
    Guildie on bard

Much the same result except this time the three balistae parts didnt spawn as close, so we didnt get the balistae star. Was no problem tanking/destroying the bosses on a 0 PRR squishy sorc tho as expected.

other notes:
    - the bonus 100 points for getting to a certian point is a nice touch, the scores here were always a bit low compared to other challenges.
    - the balistae parts being closer is nice too I guess. Still gota run off to find the boss, so doesnt entirely defeat the purpose of teamwork and runnin fast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Really tho both keeps are far too easy on 30. Especially compared to the very difficulty Arena. They are like night and day.
    Well first, something you need to run over and over to get the reward out of shouldn't be super hard. Second, I'm sure, being a challenge, the XP is dog****, so it SHOULD be dirt easy. If it's even slightly harder than step in and go AFK then there is something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    Well first, something you need to run over and over to get the reward out of shouldn't be super hard. Second, I'm sure, being a challenge, the XP is dog****, so it SHOULD be dirt easy. If it's even slightly harder than step in and go AFK then there is something wrong.
    I find it funny everyone is still complaining about their easy buttons being taken away

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    You absolutely do not need to run the MAXIMUM difficulty level to get the rewards.

Infact 99% of grps would get far inferior rewards doing so, as theyd get a much worse score.

There are FIFTEEN difficulty settings for this challenge. Allowing the maximum one to be a serious challenge ot make that 6 star reward really mean something would be a great thing, and absolutely not effect the ability to get your items.

On anything sub 28, the challenge is an absolute cakewalk, and im not suggesting that change in any way. Only made suggestions for the max setting.

Also the xp reward was 120,000 xp for the maximum lvl 6star run. That does not seem like what you called it imo.

Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Seemed pretty straightforward. Basically the sunset ritual, but with vinestalkers and wildlife.

I got to try out the ballista this time, and was kind of disappointed. I'm pretty sure I shot it right, since the named monster was standing right next to the orb. As far as I could tell though, it barely did any damage. I kind of feel like a shot from the ballista should deal a large amount of damage, enough to wipe out a whole wave of mobs if shot right.

I don't know if the scaling changes are to blame, but this one felt a lot easier to defend solo too. The wizard and the orb hardly took any damage.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

Hero
    2015 Movember Hero

I don't believe I'd like too many challenges that were a rehash of the same area with different monsters but this was good. I also like the way this challenge (and all of U15) make it clear that there is more to Eveningstar than lycans and drow.

Pacing with the mobs was good soloing, was torn between how far I could explore without getting the wizard killed. It isn't brutal but it kept me active from start to finish.

A little disappointed that there isn't something more than curiousity to pull me down the valleys (or maybe I wasn't doing well enough to trigger it).

The challenge is fun. It's not Crystal Cove but it definately isn't one I'm going to cringe when I see I need to run it for the challenge rewards.

New named loot. Yes! Glad to see that there.