Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Update 15, Leveling Events

Since we have not done a Character wipe and many of you have leveled beyond your current characters on Lamannia, I will be online, handing out exp, plat, and filling the AH during the following two times:

6pm to 8pm Tonight, August 10th (GMT-4)

8am to 10am Tomorrow, August 11th (GMT-4)

See you all there!

Community Member

That is a very nice compromise. Thank you.

Hoping it's up the whole weekend so I can check it out on sunday

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by eris2323 View Post
    That is a very nice compromise. Thank you.

Hoping it's up the whole weekend so I can check it out on sunday
    ?

There are times. It won't be up on sunday.

<3
    Brenna / Tzanna, The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent on Argo
    "As the party's resident trap expert ..." <dies with smug yet surprised expression on face>

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Thanks Kookie, Hey Can we get Loot Too?
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Named loot too...

I've been meaning to try out a build I have in mind to see just how effective it really is.
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    ?

There are times. It won't be up on sunday.
    Oh, I should have been more clear - I have a leveled toon there already, I meant I just hope that Lam would continue to be online on sunday when I can get some time in over there and test the new quests

Not that kookie would sit there for 3 days waiting for me.

Although I wouldn't complain if that happened either

You don't have to wipe chars. Just reset character copy tool
    I'll delete gimps myself.

are there gonna be other devs on besides kookie??
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Is it safe to assume that leveling will be done in the Harbor? Will 404error be there for his usual monster-mash by the lighthouse library?
    Ziind Stargazer - Level 12 fighter/6 Barbarian/2 rogue Half-Orc (Neutral Good) - Formerly a level 20 Paladin Human - Orien

Fernian Summer Carnival

Will there be more?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Umm Hi! This is my signature. If you don't like it I love you! Welp thanks for taking the time to read this!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell me your going to have another one not all of us are up by then
    SARLONA ~ BREY BRAY BRAI BREI BRAYZ DAVEE CEMPER CEMP SEMPER SAVALOT SAVURSELV MOTION
    Proud Officer of Quantum Entropy

Quote Originally Posted by semper View Post
    please tell me your going to have another one not all of us are up by then
    i know right?!?

Quote Originally Posted by SEMPER View Post
    Please tell me your going to have another one not all of us are up by then
    But at least it was at a time that Europe was awake unlike the normal times chosen.

Quote Originally Posted by dell44 View Post
    But at least it was at a time that Europe was awake unlike the normal times chosen.
    I agree , I would just like them to do it several times throughout the day
    SARLONA ~ BREY BRAY BRAI BREI BRAYZ DAVEE CEMPER CEMP SEMPER SAVALOT SAVURSELV MOTION
    Proud Officer of Quantum Entropy

Yo kookie, it would be nice of you to post more Dev events This week.

Why is it so hard to implement an NPC that auto-grants xp in the same way that Kookie does when online, and perhaps even offer BtC raid-level gear that costs next to nothing to purchase? (i.e. 1 gold for a BtC rad II rapier).

This *is* a test server, after all, so it's not like it'll affect the live servers.

The way it's currently set up (and has always been set up) makes absolutely NO sense. You can get powerlevelled by a GM to max level, but *only* if you happen to be on at the odd random times they're on (which doesn't work well for the majority of the gaming community)- and then 9 times out of 10 you're naked after being powerlevelled, so really, you're not going to test *anything* because you're a complete gimp that's naked and can't even farm your own gear because, well, you're naked.
    And character copy is broken the majority of the time anyways....

Just put an NPC in so that we can level ourselves without GMs needing to log in for these events, and at the same time allowing us to get appropriate gear for our character, and be done with it.
    Wouldn't that make sense??

Quote Originally Posted by Aerendil View Post
    Why is it so hard to implement an NPC that auto-grants xp in the same way that Kookie does when online, and perhaps even offer BtC raid-level gear that costs next to nothing to purchase? (i.e. 1 gold for a BtC rad II rapier).

This *is* a test server, after all, so it's not like it'll affect the live servers.

The way it's currently set up (and has always been set up) makes absolutely NO sense. You can get powerlevelled by a GM to max level, but *only* if you happen to be on at the odd random times they're on (which doesn't work well for the majority of the gaming community)- and then 9 times out of 10 you're naked after being powerlevelled, so really, you're not going to test *anything* because you're a complete gimp that's naked and can't even farm your own gear because, well, you're naked.

Just put an NPC in so that we can level ourselves without GMs needing to log in for these events, and at the same time allowing us to get appropriate gear for our character, and be done with it.
    I said something about the xp guy like 2 updates ago. it still not in D:
    Umm Hi! This is my signature. If you don't like it I love you! Welp thanks for taking the time to read this!

Yo, i'd agree with you and love for this to happen! makes it easier on us and the devs, its basically its a Win Win scenerio, althought they did put that Stone of shared experience in, but its not good enough! we want a lvl 25 NPC.
    Last edited by Buttkierownsmade; 08-12-2012 at 10:09 PM.

I like that idea, make there be something like on the LOTRO test server, it allows quick leveling, getting some decent gear, and over all just a prety nice thing there. Would like to see something like this in DDO, for exampl: make the Test Dojo into a leveling/gearing hub for players, then you devs don't have to spend so long filling leveling/gearing requests, if this part is done please add a heroic/epic/raid vendor in there, if his stuff costs plat to buy make a simple quest (talk to the guy twice) to give uss 1 mil plat 1 time. Oh and did i mention to put +4 tomes in the guys item list? These are some (hopefully) doable changes Turbine can make here.
    Slow player: puggers beware!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast