Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

/signed

I Like That too, That will be Awesome if Turbine Actually did this.
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Quote Originally Posted by Aerendil View Post
    Why is it so hard to implement an NPC that auto-grants xp in the same way that Kookie does when online, and perhaps even offer BtC raid-level gear that costs next to nothing to purchase? (i.e. 1 gold for a BtC rad II rapier).

This *is* a test server, after all, so it's not like it'll affect the live servers.

The way it's currently set up (and has always been set up) makes absolutely NO sense. You can get powerlevelled by a GM to max level, but *only* if you happen to be on at the odd random times they're on (which doesn't work well for the majority of the gaming community)- and then 9 times out of 10 you're naked after being powerlevelled, so really, you're not going to test *anything* because you're a complete gimp that's naked and can't even farm your own gear because, well, you're naked.
    And character copy is broken the majority of the time anyways....

Just put an NPC in so that we can level ourselves without GMs needing to log in for these events, and at the same time allowing us to get appropriate gear for our character, and be done with it.
    Wouldn't that make sense??

Love this idea , it is a test server after all why can't we have all the goodies to test it
    SARLONA ~ BREY BRAY BRAI BREI BRAYZ DAVEE CEMPER CEMP SEMPER SAVALOT SAVURSELV MOTION
    Proud Officer of Quantum Entropy

Can the devs come on at all on 8/15/12?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Umm Hi! This is my signature. If you don't like it I love you! Welp thanks for taking the time to read this!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

I hope when Eeps comes outa school he becomes perminent on the server so we can get our xp anytime we want ;-p
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Quote Originally Posted by Aerendil View Post
    Why is it so hard to implement an NPC that auto-grants xp in the same way that Kookie does when online, and perhaps even offer BtC raid-level gear that costs next to nothing to purchase? (i.e. 1 gold for a BtC rad II rapier).

This *is* a test server, after all, so it's not like it'll affect the live servers.

The way it's currently set up (and has always been set up) makes absolutely NO sense. You can get powerlevelled by a GM to max level, but *only* if you happen to be on at the odd random times they're on (which doesn't work well for the majority of the gaming community)- and then 9 times out of 10 you're naked after being powerlevelled, so really, you're not going to test *anything* because you're a complete gimp that's naked and can't even farm your own gear because, well, you're naked.
    And character copy is broken the majority of the time anyways....

Just put an NPC in so that we can level ourselves without GMs needing to log in for these events, and at the same time allowing us to get appropriate gear for our character, and be done with it.
    Wouldn't that make sense??
    Shouldn't be hard at all, infact I recall some years back lamannia had such an npc for a while.

Should be a pretty simple matter of tweaking said npc to give enough xp for epic lvls.

Some news tho: Kookie did say he was working on programming some bot to automate his xp handing out script. Didnt seems like it was working right at the time, sos he logged it out and said hed work on it.

Seems like a really round about way to do it, but yea i guess hes trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Shouldn't be hard at all, infact I recall some years back lamannia had such an npc for a while.

Should be a pretty simple matter of tweaking said npc to give enough xp for epic lvls.

Some news tho: Kookie did say he was working on programming some bot to automate his xp handing out script. Didnt seems like it was working right at the time, sos he logged it out and said hed work on it.

Well at least there trying , but it would be nice to see it sooner then later
    SARLONA ~ BREY BRAY BRAI BREI BRAYZ DAVEE CEMPER CEMP SEMPER SAVALOT SAVURSELV MOTION
    Proud Officer of Quantum Entropy

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

That would be sexy great idea !!! now that i think about it, why make a seperate NPC? just make an option for lord poincealot to give us our XP? would make it easy on the ddevs too! (just dont make it so we can only level once daily!!)
    Last edited by SacredTrust; 08-19-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12