Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Soloability of MotU quests?

If I enter Casual difficulty as an Artificer, with a Cleric hireling and Panther, can I solo most of the quests?
    I want to experience the new content and storyline.

Like... actually experience it, not zerg through it with a party and miss everything.
    So yeah, how hard are the quests? And are there any "Must have 4 people to throw levers" co-op dungeons?

If you are moderately geared you should be fine on normal.

Thread of the Weave (I think is the name) has a few levers to pull but can be done with 1 hireling.

Other than that you should be fine solo. I frequently do them all on EN and EH with my FvS

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenDevil View Post
    If I enter Casual difficulty as an Artificer, with a Cleric hireling and Panther, can I solo most of the quests?
    I want to experience the new content and storyline.

Like... actually experience it, not zerg through it with a party and miss everything.
    So yeah, how hard are the quests? And are there any "Must have 4 people to throw levers" co-op dungeons?
    they can (and have) be solod on epic elite without drinking sp pots.

all it comes down to is skill / gear.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    they can (and have) be solod on epic elite without drinking sp pots.

all it comes down to is skill / gear.
    And build. If you have a junk build, you're doomed no matter how good your gear is. But I know I have personally solo'd with my stunbot clonk. If I can do it on him, an Arty can do it with the right setup.

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear there aren't any mandatory co-op instances.

Community Member

Any time. Some not-so-expensive/hard to get items that you can work with:

Lucid Dreams
    Wounding of Puncturing repeater or a paralyzer
    +6 stat items
    If you have access, the tinker's set and alchemist necklace (that's +6 int, Dex, and Con)
    - these aren't too hard to get, either; the alchemist preservation gives you another fullisade.
    Some striders
    plenty of tools

Buff up your dog, grab your cat, and run.

Quote Originally Posted by Carkolda View Post
    Any time. Some not-so-expensive/hard to get items that you can work with:

Lucid Dreams
    Wounding of Puncturing repeater or a paralyzer
    +6 stat items
    If you have access, the tinker's set and alchemist necklace (that's +6 int, Dex, and Con)
    - these aren't too hard to get, either; the alchemist preservation gives you another fullisade.
    Some striders
    plenty of tools

Buff up your dog, grab your cat, and run.
    Got everything I need, thanks though. The only thing lacking on my artificer is an outdated Mithral Heavy Armor. I've found plenty better ones since U14, but they all look like ugly Light Armors.

Finished the King's Forest chain, gonna level up to 21 before continuing. I did fine for the most part, except for not remembering to switch on my Deathblock items for the named casters.

The only quest I can think of that has a spot that requires more than one person is the house of rusted blades, and that bit is optional. And a hireling can be commanded to hit the lever. The only other place where you'd really need multiple people is the raid, simply because of dps reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesuvium View Post
    We shall kill it with fire. And engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by Siro View Post
    The only quest I can think of that has a spot that requires more than one person is the house of rusted blades, and that bit is optional. And a hireling can be commanded to hit the lever. [...]
    The artificer dog can pull levers.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Quests are easy to solo on normal, easy on hard too with some degree of self-healing.

There is one instance where you need someone to throw a lever for you in House of Rusted Blades. A hireling should suffice.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    There is one instance where you need someone to throw a lever for you in House of Rusted Blades. A hireling should suffice.
    Thats just an optional though, so you dont really "need" somebody. Never even seen anything named in that chest either.
    Con is not a dump stat, but reading comprehension is not a dump skill!

I dont have alts, just mules. Find me as Darivian on Thelanis.

Without the intention to be a spoiler, you might want a party for Reclaiming the Rift.
    I had a hard time with my bard running that with a hire.
    Kaldrick (Wiz PM 20), Aurala (FvS evoker 20), Kyrale (Bard Spellsinger 20) - Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Farayon View Post
    Does anyone else wonder if Turbine are secretly being funded by the government to run psychological tests on us by adding completely absurd, inexplicable changes to the game?

The house of rusted blades - *minor spoiler* - there is an optional where the DM will say 'it looks like only one lever controls both of these gates' - I searched all over and I can't find a way to open them once inside.

You might think you can use the hireling to play the 'stand here and toss the lever' trick - and it works until you are inside - then your hireling will pop over to you even if you said 'stand here' - then you get stuck.

Honestly even if this is a bug and it doesn't always happen - it's not worth the frustration to do this optional solo - I hate re-entry penalties more than I hate missing optional chests - but that's personal opinion.

You can do that area then recall and re-enter if you really really want to get that done however.

I soloed all three chains on epic hard with my self-healing pally (is there any other kind?) without any hires or summons. Just him alone wandering through all 12 quests, sniffing every flower. On epic hard it wasn't particularly difficult, but a few sections presented enough of a challenge to be super fun. The last fight in the last quest sucked, but hey, it was a neat surprise.

It might be worth mentioning that he was in grandmaster of flowers for the first two chains and shadowdancer for the last chain, as he slowly grinds from exalted to fury. So he didn't even have the benefit of epic destinies boosting him, since both of those are largely worthless for his build. (Shadowdancer was okay, but not great.)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TekkenDevil View Post
    Got everything I need, thanks though. The only thing lacking on my artificer is an outdated Mithral Heavy Armor. I've found plenty better ones since U14, but they all look like ugly Light Armors.

Finished the King's Forest chain, gonna level up to 21 before continuing. I did fine for the most part, except for not remembering to switch on my Deathblock items for the named casters.
    Just a minor note: you will actually want a light armor in the end, since full artificers can now get evasion through the shadowdancer ed. Once thats fixed it should become the goto ed for arties anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ckorik View Post
    You might think you can use the hireling to play the 'stand here and toss the lever' trick - and it works until you are inside - then your hireling will pop over to you even if you said 'stand here' - then you get stuck.
    Have you tried putting the hireling in "Passive" mode as well as "Stand Your Ground"? It's worked for me on several trips (the pre-order kitty is an excellent switch puller and button presser).

Quote Originally Posted by ckorik View Post
    The house of rusted blades - *minor spoiler* - there is an optional where the DM will say 'it looks like only one lever controls both of these gates' - I searched all over and I can't find a way to open them once inside.

Honestly even if this is a bug and it doesn't always happen - it's not worth the frustration to do this optional solo - I hate re-entry penalties more than I hate missing optional chests - but that's personal opinion.

You can do that area then recall and re-enter if you really really want to get that done however.
    Sounds like I'll just have to UMD a DDoor.

Quote Originally Posted by Adken View Post
    Without the intention to be a spoiler, you might want a party for Reclaiming the Rift.
    I had a hard time with my bard running that with a hire.
    Again, you can use the arti dog to use the item on this quest and take the hit so you don't have to. He has to be put on passive and stand his ground, but it definitely works.

Edit: also definitely works as a lever puller in House of Rusted Blades, he didn't follow me in. The lever is selectable even when you're through the gate, so getting out is no problem.

I did all of them solo (on EH) to experience them myself. Died exactly once to a bear trap when mobs were around. My character was extremely overgeared for EH, but you should find EN perfectly soloable with or without a hireling.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member Wraith_Sarevok's Avatar

You can solo all of them on EH and below. I did it with my barbarian. Pretty easy.

EE is insanely difficult though. Don't try it unless you've got a build specifically make for soloing. With a group it's pretty challenging and fun.
    Khyber: Iqus Tres (Half-Orc Barbarian 20 / Epic 5 / Legendary Dreadnought 5), Ixupi (Drow Sorcerer 20), Outlake (Warforged 7 Monk-in-progress), Petroglyph (Warforged Artificer 16)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast