Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Alimai View Post
    I like how the horc fire stance and earth stance is more dps
    than a wind stance monk with 28% doublestrike.
    So your horc +5 dmg is superior to that much doublestrike in
    a windstance build.
    No other stance can touch the dps output of wind stance.
    All of you guys that are completely oblivious to how vastly
    superior doublestrike is for any build, it's even MORE important
    to low crit profile fast attack speed builds.
    Earth attacks are great. But heal amp + wind stance, even a dex
    build monk will blow away the dmg output of this build.

Good luck.
    Fire stance is a thing of the past... I don't understand how people can consider the meager benefits of a few more str points in terms of dps can outweight the massive DS achievable now in endgame (even more with the ubiquitious ki generation items)
    Khyber: Pinel ip!140+ / Laerak 120 / Sibeli 80 / Kaeral 100 / Gilmara 60 - Crafter 150/145/145

Community Member

Nice update.

Sun is certainly more useful now depending on your
    active destiny and gear.

I like how you broke out the feats.

I would also add the stalker ring to the swap section
    as on a wide variety of monsters it will out perform
    the extra tod ring.
    (presuming you can get away without +10 stun DC)

Turtle 3 and 4 seem a bit of diminishing returns vs
    a pinch of amp, though I am a bit biased in that regard.

You might also make a notes on playstyle with regards
    to the types of groups you run with as that can greatly
    impact build decisions.
    (solo vs raid-guild vs casual/semi-pro etc)

You are also highly confused as to Horcs looking good.
    Last edited by Tobril; 12-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Community Member

a windstance build.

Good luck.
    I also think wind stance is the best by far for dps purposes, but doubt than dex build monk will out dps str build hehe... Anyway doublestrike if high enough is really awesome, its so good that when i switch to any other stance it feels like i m lagging n i cant stand it so i switch back to wind right away lol. I m running similar build on canith server, my monk Heronious is at his 4th life with 2 fighter past lives and 1 monk. I dumped fire stance n went wind/earth/ocean. i m currently at lvl 18 and build is awesome. Took same feats as u almoust with the diference that i took skill focus umd wich will give me no fail healscrolls at 25 with my gear, was an artifi splash lst life so i know what i m talking about. Will slot epic gear accordingly to what i manage to get hehe. Anyway nice work, cool build. And Horcs DO look better than helfs who look all alike (gay imo) :P. Cheers

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geekhann View Post
    I also think wind stance is the best by far for dps purposes
    It is the best dps but not by far, it isn't a huge bonus above earth considering the 75 hp (from air to earth), ac, prr. It isn't as good as the guy who thinks they get 28 % doublestrike and that a dex monk air stance monk is better than a str build.... Also yes h-orcs do look better :P

a windstance build.

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Geekhann View Post
    I also think wind stance is the best by far for dps purposes, but doubt than dex build monk will out dps str build hehe... Anyway doublestrike if high enough is really awesome, its so good that when i switch to any other stance it feels like i m lagging n i cant stand it so i switch back to wind right away lol. I m running similar build on canith server, my monk Heronious is at his 4th life with 2 fighter past lives and 1 monk. I dumped fire stance n went wind/earth/ocean. i m currently at lvl 18 and build is awesome. Took same feats as u almoust with the diference that i took skill focus umd wich will give me no fail healscrolls at 25 with my gear, was an artifi splash lst life so i know what i m talking about. Will slot epic gear accordingly to what i manage to get hehe. Anyway nice work, cool build. And Horcs DO look better than helfs who look all alike (gay imo) :P. Cheers
    When you are both ready feel free to add your dps comparsions of air and earth & then do some for a dead monk & a alive monk would love to see the dps out put of 28% ds from a dead monk vs a alive 0% ds monk.
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

Quote Originally Posted by K_0tiC View Post
    When you are both ready feel free to add your dps comparsions of air and earth & then do some for a dead monk & a alive monk would love to see the dps out put of 28% ds from a dead monk vs a alive 0% ds monk.
    Lol +1

I think the real issue is whether or not fire is worth much anymore. For me, Wind is my primary stance. Not necessarily because of double strike or math, but mostly because when I run around in the marketplace and click all the time, it looks like I swing my arms fast. Earth is used when I am forced to become the tank because everyone else is dead. I use Water stance whenever I accidentally click on it causing me to curse and wait impatiently until I can click back into a stance I will actually use. I keep meaning to remove it from my hotbar, but it gives me a good excuse for cursing loudly. My wife will yell, "hey, there are kids around," and I can just look at her and say "Water stance," and everyone understands.
    Originally Posted by Eladrin
    I often word things in ways that cause the most speculation and panic, because I'm capricious and mean.
    Argo: Cydia - Ariasa

Community Member

Default Endgame stuns

I have been reading this and other threads and a theme I see running thru them is the idea that if I put lvl points into Strength instead of Wisdom I will not be able to use stuns ToD and Quivering Palm in EE at endgame. Having run this build what have you found as far as endgame DC without maxed wisdom? Also with a +4 tome on dex would earth/wind stance work ok usings this build in endgame.

Thanks
    Quietfist

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by K_0tiC View Post
    Well cant argue with that logic, you got me there :P. Anyway stances are there to be switched accordingly, thats the beauty of it. In most situations i try to do as much dmg possible so i m often in wind, if i m running somethin nasty and need survivability i go earth where i also have ultimate version. Need to run trough a trap, greater ocean stance is my choice :P.

Community Member

Just a quick question or two on this build (seems pretty good).

How does this do in EE - is the DC on Stunning Fist high enough to use it here?

How does this best combine with Completionist? (looks like the only thing that can be dropped is stunning blow?)

Quote Originally Posted by valewalker View Post
    Just a quick question or two on this build (seems pretty good).

How does this do in EE - is the DC on Stunning Fist high enough to use it here?

How does this best combine with Completionist? (looks like the only thing that can be dropped is stunning blow?)
    It would depend upon which EE's. Old school pre-MotD epics? Stunning fist may work decent there. Anything new, particularly gianthold, not so much. Level-ups into wisdom and going either earth or water stance (a complete contrast to this build) are now pretty much required to stun in the latest EE's.

I'd drop Stunning Blow (nearly useless in EE's) for completonist in a heartbeat. If you don't have completionist, dropping Stunning Blow for vorpal strikes would be solid.
    Captains Crew, Ghallanda
    Tweakfoo (Monk, 7th Life) | Tweakbot (Wizard, 8th Life) | Tweakit (Bladeforged Fighter Mutt, 16th Life, Completionist)

Founder & Build Synthesis Battlehawke's Avatar

Default love

I absolutely love the DPS and CC on this build. It is incredibly solid. However, I am finding it lacking in the "survivability" department as well as the "self healing" Is there some way to add more. I do not want to TR her again (I have three other TR's to finish as well as 12 other toons to get to lvl 25 and finish their ED's.

I think I do want to sacrifice some DPS for some survivability and self healing.

Can anyone give me some links and suggestions on what I should LR my Metaru into? I'm thinking Wis based Light Monk with some Con and Str. I think she currently has used a +2 tome on everything and a +3 on Wis and int. Maybe all level ups into Wis. I am really struggling with feats, thinking TWF X3, ic:crit, pa, tough, stunning fist, epic martial arts and epic vorpal. What should the remaining be? I know I will need to take one of the shiantao preqs, but which? What to do with my 34 point build Horc monk?
    The Best Server: Gallhanda

Looking for a great guild? Check Out Our Guild: http://www.oldtimersguild.com/vb/forum.php

Looking for some good builds to play? https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...for-Characters

Community Member

Awesome build here.

I'm planning on doing a pure monk life soon and this is probably what I'll go with. A few questions:

- I primarily solo and barely play at cap. Is it possible to get good enough self healing for soloing on this build in terms of amp\heal scrolls + wands\etc while still staying horc and pure monk? I don't own helf but if I have to go human for good self healing, I'll do it.

- In addition to this, is it possible to take stunning fist during your heroic levels and still have it be useful? I wouldn't even mind dropping a toughness for this as it seems very interesting to do.

- I see a lot of people talking about wind stance here. I love doublestrike myself, so I'd like to try it for my first monk life. How would you change the sample enhancements listed to have wind be one of your primary stances?

- Is the rogue past life worth taking in place of the monk past life? I don't have any monk lives done yet.

Thanks!

Community Member

Default Check out my necro skills!

I've run Mentaru in the past and loved playing this build. A true DPS/tank build....but I'm trying to figure out if this build is viable anymore (Post U20). Anyone update their build and find it working? If so what did you do to update?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SimCat View Post
    I've run Mentaru in the past and loved playing this build. A true DPS/tank build....but I'm trying to figure out if this build is viable anymore (Post U20). Anyone update their build and find it working? If so what did you do to update?
    It's probably not the same anymore, dark monks aren't worth it, due to changes to the touch of death.
    Other than that, light pure monk half orc is still worth it. I prefer running my Monks on a Warforged race, that way you get weapon attachment and tactical feats dc +3, also it has high hp and is pretty nice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123