Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Community Member

So, as you can see this is a +5 Upgrade Tome of Intelligence (+4 to +5). I got this on the Epic Chest in epic hard VoN 6. There were no loot bonuses, gems or chest lickers. Hope this helps.
    CANNITH player. Recently returned to the game after 2 years, proudly back with Skunkworks my old crew. Starting completionist project on my 4th life character Pyrau. Have 10 other epic characters across all play styles, some TRs.

Community Member

As someone who never ran Elite Eveningskar please forgive my humble question:
    What about level 25 Cannith Challenges ? Those chests were my main source for +3 tomes pre U15. Is there a chance for +4 upgrades now ?
    Last 200 chests didn't drop any stuff to read.
    Skar the Satai. Always remains on ship a little longer.
    Visit his epic tradepost on Wayfinder: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=4698661

I found a +4 to +5 Constitution tome in Ring of Fire lvl.28 using a +2 loot jewel. Though didn't take screenshot, it happened long ago without global event +2 loot.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Community Member

During a bonus weekend I got a +3 to +4 charisma upgrade tome running EDA.

Quote Originally Posted by Skar View Post
    As someone who never ran Elite Eveningskar please forgive my humble question:
    What about level 25 Cannith Challenges ? Those chests were my main source for +3 tomes pre U15. Is there a chance for +4 upgrades now ?
    Last 200 chests didn't drop any stuff to read.
    Yep.
    Though there was a dev post stating the challenge stuff was capped.
    Cannith ones are capped at lvl23, but jewels dont work
    Eveningstar are capped at lvl25, and jewels should work

But yea any previous source of +3 tomes is now a source of a +3 to +4 tomes, so cannith challenges will work for that, tho they wont drop straight +4s or +5 upgrades... Even with loot jewels, as most reports indicate loot jewels don't work on supply chests.

PS: You can tell the loot lvl of a Cannith chest by its minimum level.
    Loot lvl = min lvl + 4. (best are ones ml19 = 23, and they drop on lvl23, 24 and 25 in all the non-island challenges.. Island challenges are purposely **** for some poor reason.)

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Eveningstar are capped at lvl25, and jewels should work
    I've pulled a +5 Wisdom upgrade tome from a CR25 Eveningstar druid challenge with a +2 loot gem active in Nov 2012.
    U19 Kensei: Centered Cleaver | TR Junkie Leveling Framework

~Ying~ (10 lives), ~Hamada~(9 lives), ~Vadanken~ (6 lives), ~Kobeyashi~ (10 lives)
    Over Raided of Orien, First Level 100 Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    I've pulled a +5 Wisdom upgrade tome from a CR25 Eveningstar druid challenge with a +2 loot gem active in Nov 2012.
    Yea matches the data. Perhaps I should of clarified - by cap I meant CR to loot level cap, not anything that effects the various loot bonuses.

So CR25 challenge + 2 jewel = 27, +4 or +5 upgrade territory.
    And CR30 +2 jewel also equals only 27.

Just pulled a +4 con tome from Druid's Curse EE (hag chest) w/ +2 jewel running.

Default Holy bacon batman!

Why didnt you guys tell me these fell on hard difficulty?

Had a loot gem going but it was not a bonus weekend or anything . Kinda shocked to say the least. I looted a few +4 tomes and upgrades but never even knew +5 existed yet.

Other spots i got +4 tomes and upgrades were Epic hard chains of flame end chest. A few upgrades to +4 from high road wilderness, Never seen any true plus 4 drop from wilderness though. Jungles of kyhber on hard in a random rare chest and Don't drink the water elite in chest after dryads both dropped +4 tomes n weekends that were not loot bonus . That is about all the tomes i have seen so far.

Goodluck tome hunting everyone!
    Last edited by badbob117; 02-14-2013 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Clarification
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Pulled a +4 to +5 strength upgrade tome in the soon to be not there chest in Deal and the Demon. +2 jewel running, interesting thing is that this was pull 10 from the chest, 2nd after I got the ransack message.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

It's been a while, but I pulled a +4 - +5 Dex upgrade tome in EH Stay at the Inn, end chest. I can't remember for sure or not if I was running with a jewel.

And no, I didn't take a screen shot. I just know that I bought a +4 ugrade tome just so I could use the damn thing.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Wink detour chest +4 dex

Hi very rarely post but i do want to help as well to the community at large so heres my 2 cents. I pulled a +4 dex unbound in the

quest detour on epic hard. It was in the chest you get after beating the orange named druid was verry happy.I also had a plus 2 loot gem running.

I didnt know how to take a screen shot then. I have been since enlightened hope this helps.
    Last edited by kelly171717; 02-14-2013 at 11:59 AM.

Default ...

+2 loot bonus weekend. I pulled a +4 INT upgrade(+3 to +4) from hard Eye of Titan on my wizard. I was so stoked! Sorry forgot SS...
    SARLONA: Mythical- Kace, Axle, Boarshead, Dweomer. Lloth's Children- Imperel, Grumph, Shaydes. ARGO: DRAGON- Drygaien, MPAKT. Warrior's Soul- Dweomer, Phealer, Quickkick, UrsaMajor. THELANIS:Mror Hold- Mhjolnir, Ollyver, Tuskso. Knights of Stormreach- Halisstraa, Razorred. KHYBER:Dwarven Defenders- Numberz, AlphaBits, DeuxNombres, Lilbastich, Rowaan.

didn't get a screen print but got a +5 upgrade dex tome in epic normal in the deep, then (two quests later) got a +4 dex tome in epic hard von6

Default pluss 4 dex

pulled from that first ez chest in eveningstar well quest on E

loot gem and bonus weekend

not bad for 45 seconds of invisability

Community Member

Pulled one today, +4 to +5 in Charisma
    I was in Adq1 in Epic Hard. No jewel, no bless. The underwater chest

Badly I was so happy and stunned that i forgot to grab a screenshot

Cannith Server. Member of Alleanza degli uomini liberi.

udorico-malodei-duenote-ossobuco

ADQ2 EH - fellow party member pulled a +4 to +5 Str tome upgrade tome from the epic chest.

I do have a screenshot but I am apparently not fourm savvy enough to figure out how to add it. Will figure it out if needed.

I also pulled TWO +3 to +4 Dex tome upgrades tonight from the dragon encounter chests in epic GH explorer area. They were from two separate encounters and in different instances and different toons. I do not have screenshots for these though.

Update: Pulled another +3-+4 CHA upgrade tome in GH explorer area.. this time from one of the Brawnpits chests.
    Last edited by zichant; 03-02-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Any new raid or gianthold quest reports?

Ive ran a ton that meet the loot lvl27+ req, but had my usual bad luck and pulled zero.

I pulled +5 dex upgrade from fall of truth EN side chest on my first run right after u17, no loot gems but the +2 loot bonus was still going. Just recently guildie pulled +4 int tome from EH with chest blesser, also side chest.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast