Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chewysc View Post
    On Khyber...

Pulled a +4 Dex tome, BTA, end/only chest in a Hard Abbot run last night which I thought was weird. I'm not sure if there was a loot gem going or not as I didn't pop the chest.

Unfortunately I didn't think to take a screenshot as I had wife aggro going from yellow to red alert =D

Radicand from Crimson Eagles can confirm as he wanted to trade a festival coin for it or something to that effect.
    Yea thats very odd. Don't really see Turbine upgrading raid loot without any notes about it.

You sure it wasn't a +3 to 4 dex upgrade tome? As yea they should be dropping there now, as any previous +3 source now has a 25% chance to drop an upgrade instead.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Yea thats very odd. Don't really see Turbine upgrading raid loot without any notes about it.

You sure it wasn't a +3 to 4 dex upgrade tome? As yea they should be dropping there now, as any previous +3 source now has a 25% chance to drop an upgrade instead.
    My apologies as I just checked and it was indeed a +3 to +4 dex upgrade tome. I have corrected my original post to reflect this.

Thanks!

don't know if its worth mentioning, but i remember getting a +3 UPGRADE tome of wisdom (+2 --> +3) from a quest reward in Vale of Twilight...

we all have noticed how epic'able quests change their rewards to suit the difficulty you have run them, so i am not aware if runing heroic content on norm-hard-elite has same system aplied. So, i remember it was an Elite run i did before picking the reward.

My 2 cents ^^
    Cisko from Argonessen: Prodigious Lord of Shadows, Master Locksmith and Deadly Firedancer
    (6th pure rogue life and counting)
    Long LiveR.O.G.U.E.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MalarKan View Post
    don't know if its worth mentioning, but i remember getting a +3 UPGRADE tome of wisdom (+2 --> +3) from a quest reward in Vale of Twilight...

we all have noticed how epic'able quests change their rewards to suit the difficulty you have run them, so i am not aware if runing heroic content on norm-hard-elite has same system aplied. So, i remember it was an Elite run i did before picking the reward.

My 2 cents ^^
    +3 Upgrades would drop anywhere +2's do. I've gotten lots of +2's from vale end rewards for a long time now so nothing surprising about this

Quote Originally Posted by MalarKan View Post

My 2 cents ^^
    Heroic difficulty end rewards are always rewarded as if you have ran the quest on elite difficulty, regardless of what you actually ran. This change was implemented years ago - module 4 to be exact.

So yea all Vale quests rewards = loot level 18, in line for +2 or +2 to 3 upgrade tomes.

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

I got a +2 to +3 upgrade tome from Foundation of Discord (on elite).

Saturday, ‎24 ‎November ‎2012, ‏‎6:57:43 PM <-- is the date created for the SS so there definitively was no loot boost on.

EDIT: Read the OP and the tome is consistent with the formula. Yay!
    Last edited by Deathdefy; 12-12-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Community Member

Default +4 to +5 Con upgrade tome

Had a +4 to +5 Con tome drop in EE The Druid's Curse underwater chest. +2 loot jewel running. (although i did not open the chest, not sure how exactly these jewel's work? i thought they only applied for your own loot if you OPEN the chest, in this case i did not)

Quote Originally Posted by Raenleif View Post
    Had a +4 to +5 Con tome drop in EE The Druid's Curse underwater chest. +2 loot jewel running. (although i did not open the chest, not sure how exactly these jewel's work? i thought they only applied for your own loot if you OPEN the chest, in this case i did not)

[IMG][/IMG]
    Grats.
    Jewels apply to your loot, period. It does not matter who opened the chest, your loot is only generated when you click on it.

In this case though, the actual loot level isn't relevant to the guide since +4 and thus +4 to 5 tomes drop in all U15/16 EE chests, regardless of loot level, as bonus loot.

So if that tome in there in addition to another item, the jewel had no effect. If it was by itself, then the jewel potentially helped you. (preferably dont clear the extra loot in future ss's, so we can see which table it came from for refernece)

Not seen much real confirmation the jewels are even working at all lately though. So if that was the only item, and this was not during the +2 loot weekend, that could qualify as that I guess. (25 quest +2 jewle =27)

Community Member

Not seen much real confirmation the jewels are even working at all lately though. So if that was the only item, and this was not during the +2 loot weekend, that could qualify as that I guess. (25 quest +2 jewle =27)
    In his screenshot, bottom right, there is the day: 15/12. So yeah, there was a +2 loot weekend on when he opened it.

Pulled this +4 unbound tome from a rare encounter in the Demon Web explorer area. The +2 loot bonus was going on and had a +2 loot gem on.
    Unless there's some special consideration, the gems look like they're still working (23+2+2=27).

In case it's relevant it was off the red-named arcanaloth Oliq. Can't remember exactly which journal piece that is in the pic but it's either 30,34, or 35.

Some confirmation on loot bonus affecting breakables...

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...13&postcount=1
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

We had a +5 upgrade tome (Dex) drop in a eHard ADQ2 on Monday night.

If you want I can confirm with the person it dropped for if they were using a jewel but my guess is she was.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonwelder View Post
    We had a +5 upgrade tome (Dex) drop in a eHard ADQ2 on Monday night.

If you want I can confirm with the person it dropped for if they were using a jewel but my guess is she was.
    Loot level wouldn't matter in this case, as thats a raid-loot pull. Raid always droped +4s, and +4 to 5 upgrades simply drop in all places +4s previously droped at 25% chance of being an upgrade instead of a base. Really lucky pull tho, as the base chance of any raid tome in DQ2 is insanely low, like 0.05% or worse.

Question Sands Tables borked?

The first week update 16 came out I ran an EH OoB and pulled a +4 to +5 upgrade wisdom tome, now I recall someone else on this thread pulling a tome on EN so may the sands loot tables are borked?
    Last edited by Lunytune908; 12-20-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Hi,

I pulled a +4 to +5 INT upgrade tome in Chains of Flame on epic normal this weekend just past.

It came from the locked overseer's chest near the end of the quest. I did not have a loot gem running at the time, nor was the chest blessed.

Thanks.
    Here we go

Eh end reward devil assault 30 min ago.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lunytune908 View Post
    Here we go
    Hi,

I can think of two possible reasons why we are seeing anomalous results with +4 to +5 upgrade tomes.

One is that chest drop mechanics don't work quite the way we think they do. The other is that some chests don't have the level we think they do, whether by accident or design.

Since we have some dev confirmation of how tome drops work, but we can't tell what levels chests are, I think the second explanation is the more likely one.

Thanks.
    Last edited by blerkington; 01-06-2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Comprehension failure
    Astrican on Khyber

Didn't see any mention of +4 tomes or +4->+5 upgrades in DQ1 yet, so here goes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

No loot gem, no chest blessings nor maps used to increase the loot level. I don't think there was a global loot boost going on yesterday either.

Interestingly enough, the other tome mentioned in DQ1 in this thread was a +3 -> +4 upgrade that dropped in elite, while this one was on norm.

Further testing gave me interesting results. The scorpion chest drops loot I'd expect to pull in a level 22 quest, while monkey and octo...don't. Unless I farm it on a level 20 character instead of a level 25 character. Level 25 char pulled constantly min. level 24-25 stuff from those 2 chests, level 20 constantly pulled min. level 22-23 stuff. Could there be a loot level cap based on character level?
    Proud member of Trolls' Lair in Argonnessen.
    I play Iioi, Iioo, Iiio, Feira, Shrtguy Stabsalot, Eisiishai, Havesword Will Travel, Hjeelmee Nao and Kesib.

Default Farmed first 2 chests in EE trial by fury

Finally pulled my first upgrade +4 > +5 INT tome ,+2 jewel running named drider chest on EE .No loot bonus afaik was last night

I dont need int,lol.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast