Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alternative View Post
    I pulled +5 dex upgrade from fall of truth EN side chest on my first run right after u17, no loot gems but the +2 loot bonus was still going. Just recently guildie pulled +4 int tome from EH with chest blesser, also side chest.
    Was the int tome BTC?

Maybe +4 tomes all difficulties, regardless of lvl. And +5 on ee likely.

Default +3 strength

Got this one in the netherese explorer area just on a simple rare red name the wood woad on my way to the unusually large spider thats why screenshot does say.

this was the wood woad chest after just getting him done up pops the spider 2 secs later but i grabbed that tome and got on that spider too but hiss/her chest .

Was the usual trash gems and commendations of some sort.

http://i.imgur.com/g9eJm8l.jpg
    Last edited by kelly171717; 03-09-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Default +4 tomes

+4 wisdom tome from dq epic normal
    and a +4 strength tome from citw epic hard.
    Dont know about all this stuff about can/cant fall because of what someone says but I pulled em where I said here and on the level I said.

And both were unbound.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Was the int tome BTC?

Maybe +4 tomes all difficulties, regardless of lvl. And +5 on ee likely.
    Guess you missed the loot table. As of the last lama build, FOT had the same tome table as CITW, tiny chance of extra +4 from raid loot roll on EN/EH/EE (and purple cube/tome of fate/etc), microscopic chance of +5 on EE.

The side chests are normal loot only.
    Last edited by cdr; 03-09-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Default +4 int von 6 eh

EH Von 6 Unbound

Default +4 Int Upgrade

From encounter chest in the high road.

Community Member

Got unbound +4 CHA tome from warded chest in FoT EH difficulty.
    Had +2 loot gem on.

Received a BTA +5 cha upgrade tome on a 20th end reward list for Fall of Truth. Had a +2 loot gem running at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycurgus View Post
    Received a BTA +5 cha upgrade tome on a 20th end reward list for Fall of Truth. Had a +2 loot gem running at the time.
    Loot gems do not affect end lists, especially lootgen-less 20th lists.
    All upgrade tomes are BTA.
    It's already known the FOT 20th list contains +4 tomes.
    But even so, good on you for posting a report.

No screenshot, but pulled a +4 int tome from a side-chest in EH FoT (chest blesser and +1 loot gem running, so known as possible for level 28 chests).

Immediately traded it for a +4 cha tome for my sorc, though. >_>
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Community Member

So, yesterday the strangest of things happened...

I did my usual dq run in the hopes for a torc and decided to do eadq on casual:

Monkey Chest

I also pulled 3 Scrolls from the Quest - Is this intended?

(Forgot to open the experience window as i was pretty excited - did it a bit later if you want i can upload it too)

cheers,
    Danfaeh

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    Loot gems do not affect end lists, especially lootgen-less 20th lists.
    All upgrade tomes are BTA.
    It's already known the FOT 20th list contains +4 tomes.
    But even so, good on you for posting a report.
    Well, yesterday i pulled a +3 dex from end reward of Tor EE, so the end reward is table 26 (btw i had 'get reward based on class' turned on, the character was a cleric), while in the same day, 5 mins before, a guildy got a +4 charisma from end reward of guess what, tor EH. He was running +2 gem.

Also, i tihnk dq1 chests are broken because i have pulled a +4 unbound str tome from monkey chest some time ago, i had no gems and quest was on EE, and there was a +2 world bonus, so the table should be lv 26. And today some guildiers were farming the explorer high road and they got 5 tomes in 30 mins (party of 6), including +4 upgrade, +3 blanks and +3 upgrade. Noone had gems so belive the table is broken for some palces.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellihor View Post
    Well, yesterday i pulled a +3 dex from end reward of Tor EE, so the end reward is table 26 (btw i had 'get reward based on class' turned on, the character was a cleric), while in the same day, 5 mins before, a guildy got a +4 charisma from end reward of guess what, tor EH. He was running +2 gem.
    +4 or +4 upgrade? +4 upgrade is +3.

Also, i tihnk dq1 chests are broken because i have pulled a +4 unbound str tome from monkey chest some time ago, i had no gems and quest was on EE, and there was a +2 world bonus, so the table should be lv 26. And today some guildiers were farming the explorer high road and they got 5 tomes in 30 mins (party of 6), including +4 upgrade, +3 blanks and +3 upgrade. Noone had gems so belive the table is broken for some palces.
    Two of the chests in DQ1 have always been higher level than the quest. They are not "broken". Chests can be higher level than the quest.

Community Member

Recently received:

Unbound +4 CHA tome from warded chest in FoT, hard difficulty.

On 80th ToD completion, received DEX tome upgrade +4 to +5, BTA.

Community Member

Seen 3 5 tomes on eh tor chest blessing in 3 weeks

Community Member

Pulled a +5 str tome in tor EE with +2 loot gem going on white dragon chest today !!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    +4 or +4 upgrade? +4 upgrade is +3.

Two of the chests in DQ1 have always been higher level than the quest. They are not "broken". Chests can be higher level than the quest.
    It was +4 blank. Yeah i know but seems the dq1 side chests lvs are a lot higher than the quest, maybe its intended or maybe it has something related to the seal dropping only 4% of the time so i think the code of those chests is not right (assuming 4% seal drop rate is not WAI, im not sure if it is). Anyways I also belive some people have a bug adresed with theyr characters because this guildy i told EVERY day pulls at least one tome, and like 70% of days it is a +4 blank or +5 upgrade, even if the table of the stuff he got it was not lv 27. BTW yesterday he got one +5 in EH FoT (no gem, no licker), another +5 in tor EH (+2 gem so this is intended), and today (and the only reason i looged on forums today...) he pulled, hell guess what, a +5 upgrade in EH trial by fire in the spider chest (+1 loot gem only). You can imagine how we get mad when he links this stuff on guild channel. And this has happening since u17, now days we are already used and its a quite exquisit day when he doesnt pull a tome. Note that this is always on the same character.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    This guide is the combined efforts of hundreds of players, and also has includes developer confirmation on many aspects of the tome distribution, thus should be very accurate. There are however often anomalies in this game, so if you find something that you can prove and doesn't mesh with the data here, please reply and I'll try to keep this as up to date as possible.

Recent Developer confirmation:

Current loot levels for unbound tomes in random treasure:
    +1 = 8
    +2 = 15
    +3 = 23
    +4 = 27+
    +5 = +5 do not exist in loot tables currently, as the maximum table is 31, which still only contains +4s.

In addition, bound to account upgrade tomes can now drop as of U16. They drop in the same levels as the regular tomes, at lower rate (25% of the normal chance), and offer a +1 upgrade over what youd normally get. You must have a matching upgrade tome for an already used ability tome to use it.
    Loot levels:
    15 - 22: +2 to +3 upgrade tomes
    23 - 26: +3 to +4 upgrade tomes
    27 - 31: +4 to +5 upgrade tomes
    In addition, anywhere a +2/3/4 tome would previously drop, can now drop the upgrade versions. Even non standard loot table areas like raids which offer BTC tomes. The upgrade tomes will always be BTA also, regardless of source.

Loot lvl27 in a regular quest without loot bonuses is not currently possible. Though you can hit this level of loot in EE Caught in the Web Raid (lvl27) and by using various loot boost such as:
    - +1/+2 Loot Jewels (From Eberron Shards or DDO Store)
    - +1 from Treasure Maps (Found in Three Barrel Cove end rewards and some chests)
    - +1 from a chest blesser (Common name for a player character who has the feat: Greater Dragonmark of Finding)
    - +1 to 3 from a global loot bonus (Turbine occasionally enables these, usually on weekends)

Note: There are reports showing that the Dragonmark of Finding may not be functional currently. The other boost are confirmed to function on most chests, but not end rewards.

* While in 99.9% of cases quest level = loot level, it seems some lvl22 quests consistently have +2s, while others have +3s. The developers can set plus or minus bonuses to individual chests, so this is likely the case, however they very rarely do. Some known cases:
    - Any "Epic!" non-raid chest (Ebberon only content), most/all of these are set to +1 loot
    - VoN2 and Lords of Dust has +1 loot for all it's chests (Confirmed +3 tomes in lvl22 EH versions)
    - VoN6 sidechest - not the epic chest, appears to be at least loot level27+ on all epic difficulties
    - Most Epic Raid end rewards are at least +1 loot
    - Most "Solo" difficulty quests are at least -2 loot
    - Casual difficulty is listed as -1 loot level. Not confirmed if this is in addition to the fact the actual quest level is reduced or not.

Note: These level ranges have been verified via many reports post U14. So to disprove the above range, please post a screenshot of a chest - not end reward, and include the xp report for quest lvl. No further reports of +3 tomes in lvl23+ chests are necessary, it's safe to say its 100% confirmed at this point.

Anyways onto the guide for the static, non loot table related drops (AKA Bonus loot - EG you can get one of these tomes in addition to any random loot that will appear, and any loot bonuses will have no affect on these drops):

+3 BTC Tomes:
    - The Reavers Fate (Any difficulty, and 20ths end reward)
    - VoD/HoX (Hard and Elite only, and 20ths end reward)
    - Abbot (Any difficulty, and 20ths end reward)
    - Shroud (End reward only. Non 20th: Ultra rare. 20th: All 6 tomes will appear at in at least +2 variety, decent chance of each being replaced with +3s instead.)

+3 BTA Tomes
    - Zawabis Revenge aka DQ2 Epic Chest (Epic difficulties only, not end reward*)

+3 Unbound Tomes:
    - Random treasure lvl22-31.
    - During Festivult, the Jester of Festivult has an extremely small chance of rewarding you an unbound one for a gold coin.

+4 BTC Tomes from Raids:
    - Tower of Despair End chest and Suulo optional chest (BTC, Any difficulty)
    --- Additionally its 20th end reward has a small chance of having one.
    - Plane of Night aka VoN6 Epic Chest (BTC, Epic difficulties only, not end reward*)
    - Zawabis Revenge aka DQ2 Epic Chest (BTC, Epic difficulties only, not end reward*)

*End reward on any epic difficulty can contain +3 unbound tomes tho only for non 20th. 20ths still sadly, reward +2 BTC.

+4 Unbound Tomes from Bonus Loot:
    Post U14 Epic Raids:
    - Caught in the Web (EN and EH, all chests. EE has a very small chance at +5 BTC.)
    --- Additionally its 20th end reward has a small chance of having one. Reports indicate the 20th reward version is BTC.
    - The Fall of Truth (EN and EH, large raidloot chest only. EE has a very small chance at +5 BTC in the main chest, the side chests can drop random +4s on EE since it's level27.)
    --- Additionally its 20th end reward has a small chance of having one. Reports indicate the 20th reward version is BTC.
    Forgotten Realms Epic Elite Quests:
    Note: These only drop on epic elite as "bonus loot" - not loot table drops, for all of these quests. Being separate bonus loot, they are not affected by loot bonuses, and can't appear while ransacked.
    - Impossible Demands - Saving all the prisoners chest (very hard to get on EE)
    - Unquiet Graves - End chest
    - Battle for Eveningstar - End chest
    - Don't Drink the Water - End chest
    - House of Broken Chains - Draegloth matron optional chest
    - House of Rusted Blades - Matron and Priestess optional chests
    - House of Death Undone - Matron optional chest
    - The Portal Opens - Slavemaster optional chest
    - Trial By Fury - Shufarix and End chests
    --- Likely all chests in this quest can drop them, the others are unconfirmed for now though.
    - Deal and the Demon - Secret spider side chest and end chest
    U15 Quests (Druids Deep Pack):
    - Any chest on EE
    U16 Quests (High Road Pack)
    - Any chest on EE
    U17 Quests (Epic Gianthold)
    - None confirmed yet

Other:
    - During Festivult, the Jester of Festivult has an extremely small chance of rewarding you an unbound one for a gold coin.

+5 Tomes:
    - Ultra rare drop in Epic Elite Lolth and FoT Raids only. Only 1 known pull so far. Binds to Character.

Let me know what you guys find. Please include screenshots and details on loot boost active (if any), if possible.
    If you like this guide, don't forget to rate it 5 stars.
    . Dont have a screenshot but pulled a +3 unbound con tome from elite adq 2 reward list ( not 20 th) . Great list though :-)

Dropped a +5 Con upgrade from the Marut chest in EE pop with a medium loot gem running couple weeks ago, no screenie tho too busy celebrating
    aLiclan
    Guild Forum
    Crony, Gimptalot, Shaista, Sonofhunta

Community Member

Cool my +5 tome experience

Finally got my all stats at +5!
    here is my source of +5 upgrades
    +5 STR upgrade from 20th CITW reward
    +5 CHA upgrade from FOT 20th list
    +5 DEX upgrade from EH FOT smaller chest(with +1 loot jewel)
    +5 INT upgrade from EH Detour first chest(with +2 loot jewel)
    +5 WIS upgrade from lv25 eveningstar challenge,(+1 jewel and chest buffer)
    +5 CON upgrade from FOT 60th list (finally !)
    and several +4 tomes from EE U14/EH U16 quest chests(all with +2 loot jewel running to keep the loot lvl at 27)

here is the last pic for the +5 con upgrade :

GL all on the TOME hunting!
    Last edited by Manasdirge; 08-16-2013 at 05:36 AM.
    IGN Manasdirge; guild:excalibur

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast