Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
    Community Member

Default what about challenge chests?

we all know the challenge chests are capped to lv 25,some chests are given at the end of a successful challenge to loot within the instance;
    but with some cannith challenges , supply chests are given straight into your inventory,will jewel of fortune affect these chests?
    i mean if i have no jewel running when i got those supply chests but ate a +2 one after 3 or 4 CR 25runs with 10 chests in my inventory,will this make them lv 27 loot table?
    any 1 can share his/her experience~
    IGN Manasdirge; guild:excalibur

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Yep.
    Though there was a dev post stating the challenge stuff was capped.
    Cannith ones are capped at lvl23, but jewels dont work
    Eveningstar are capped at lvl25, and jewels should work

But yea any previous source of +3 tomes is now a source of a +3 to +4 tomes, so cannith challenges will work for that, tho they wont drop straight +4s or +5 upgrades... Even with loot jewels, as most reports indicate loot jewels don't work on supply chests.

PS: You can tell the loot lvl of a Cannith chest by its minimum level.
    Loot lvl = min lvl + 4. (best are ones ml19 = 23, and they drop on lvl23, 24 and 25 in all the non-island challenges.. Island challenges are purposely **** for some poor reason.)
    well with some efforts i found this post and my question is answered , thank you shade!

Quote Originally Posted by krackythehoodedone View Post
    I pulled an unbound +3 Str tome as an end reward to an EH Von 6 run last week.

Nothing to up loot was running that i know of
    I pulled a unbound +3 to +4 upgrade con tome from a wiz king epic hard end reward list at quest giver npc on Tuesday 6/4/2013

Quote Originally Posted by hermespan View Post
    I pulled a unbound +3 to +4 upgrade con tome from a wiz king epic hard end reward list at quest giver npc on Tuesday 6/4/2013
    I thought all upgrade tomes are bound.

Default +4 upgrade tome adq

so it seems they fixed the +4blank/+5upgrade tomes dropping in adq. I just got a +4 upgrade tome so that means its what it should be for lv. Of course maybe adq has +4 blank as named loot, if someone pulled one +4blank/5upg from there after u18 that would probably be the case.

I got bound to character STR +2 to +3 upgrade tome on heroic elite Gianthold Tor reward list.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Didn't think of making a screenshot of the chest (but since my sorc is still TRing and thus can't read the tome yet I can make a screenshot of the tome itself if you want).

Pulled a bound-to-account on acquire +4 to +5 Charisma Upgrade Tome from ToD hard: Suulo Chest

Don't think there was a loot event. No loot boost gem.
    Argonessen (mains):
    Myriellah (Stargazer II), Xryn (Pale Master), Ryaleen (Air Savant), Mayeena (Assassin)
    Leader and founder of the ShadowThieves guild

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Urjak View Post
    Didn't think of making a screenshot of the chest (but since my sorc is still TRing and thus can't read the tome yet I can make a screenshot of the tome itself if you want).

Pulled a bound-to-account on acquire +4 to +5 Charisma Upgrade Tome from ToD hard: Suulo Chest

Don't think there was a loot event. No loot boost gem.
    That's to be expected Sullo's chest has (always?) dropped +4's and the upgrades can drop anywhere +4's can. Upgrade tomes are also always BTA regardless of how the +4s bind.

Default 3 +4 Int Tomes in EH GH content on last Loot bonus weekend

I ran Maze a few times on the last loot bonus weekend (like 2-3 weeks ago), and I got a +4 Int tome from the Agent of Insanity chest near the end and in the very next run, I got another +4 Int tome in the chest to the Caster that you need to jump down to. Then the following day I got a +4 Int tome in the chest at the bottom in the lava on Trial by Fire. Too bad none of these were the +5 upgrade version. It was literally right before I pulled the first one, I just got done saying that out of the thousands of chests I have seen popped in GH, I have only seen 1 +4 or +4/+5 upgrade drop and it was in EH FoT.

Anyway, looks like another loot bonus weekend, so I guess I'll go farm those quests some more lol. I was also running a +2 loot jewel, though I am not sure it matters because with the loot bonus weekend, it should have already put the chests at lvl 27. I also noticed that the reward for Trial by Fire commonly gives +3 and +3/+4 tomes. I have probably got like 5-7 of them already from that.

Community Member

Not sure if there is a loot boost going at the moment but I just pulled a +4 to +5 CHA upgrade tome from Don't Drink the Water dragon chest on Epic Hard (Level 23) with a +2 gem running. Maybe its in the same table as the dragon scale ?

Just pulled a +5 upgrade tome of Dexterity from a CiTW run on normal, had a chest blesser in the group who blessed the chest and then I popped a +1 loot gem (so +4 total loot boost running due to universal).

Stoner81.

Community Member

I pulled a +4 to +5 upgrade WIS tome in EE Crucible (Maze Chest) with a +1 loot gem running the other day.

Founder

Do any of these +4s still work with the update?

Community Member

Default I think the tome drop may have changed after u19

Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    Do any of these +4s still work with the update?
    i think the tome drop table might have changed after U19, i got a +3->+4 upgrade CON on EH REST STOP with +2loot(lv27 loot should drop straight +4 tomes)

and i got another +4 upgrade CON tome from breakable LOL

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Manasdirge View Post
    i think the tome drop table might have changed after U19, i got a +3->+4 upgrade CON on EH REST STOP with +2loot(lv27 loot should drop straight +4 tomes)

and i got another +4 upgrade CON tome from breakable LOL
    Anyone gotten a tome on level 28 loot (EE 26 quest, or EH storm horns)?

Devs have been real silent on this....either they broke the levels where tomes fall or they stealth nerfed it
    Quote Originally Posted by moomooprincess View Post
    I ran Where there is Smoke ELITE on a level 4, first life 28 hit point rogue, never TRd, no guild buffs, using a hireling cleric. One shotted two times at the first dog area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Main toons on G-land: IronMunter, Iamhal, Mehhh, Dahh

Quote Originally Posted by cave_diver View Post
    Devs have been real silent on this....either they broke the levels where tomes fall or they stealth nerfed it
    The worst part is it's hard to know how to bug report it. It's not like tomes drop like candy on a good day. How much of a sample size do people need before they can identify the problem? The only tomes I've pulled since U19 have been a few skill tomes (+3 to +4 upgrades) and a single ability tome upgrade (+3 to +4) from the shadow boss optional chest in End of the Road on EH with a +2 gem and +2 global bonus running. This should be level 29 and before U19 would have been a +4 tome or +4 to +5 upgrade. Is the problem specifically with just high road quests? I'm hearing people say they are still pulling +4 tomes and +5 upgrades but precise info on chests and loot level are not always provided.

Players could group together and gather a bunch of info on loot levels and chests or a dev could peek in the code and let us know if it's working as intended (and what the new loot level thresholds are) or if it's a bug they are aware of.

Logical thought would dictate that if no changes were noted in the release notes then it's a bug and should be treated as such. However, release notes are not overly consistent. The last official word that I know of is that +4 tomes and +4 to +5 upgrade tomes should drop in level 27 loot. This was never officially changed or updated.
    Last edited by redspecter23; 09-21-2013 at 07:30 PM.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Founder

Ok so level 29 high road only gives +3 tomes... that answers a lot.... You either need a level 30 or more chest or it only drops in the new content. Has anyone pulled a +4 in wheloon or storm horns and on what diff?

Founder

Level 31 storm horns drops +4s. Any info on level 30?

Got unbound +4 wis tome in en fot(+2 loot weekend is on) from big chest.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast