Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

/signed.

Add it to lesser heart of wood (say supreme lesser heart of wood) with +500tp cost.

/signed

Also, it would be nice to be able to change gender with TR.
    Just because I like the male or female appearance of a certain race doesnt mean i like the male or female appearance of EVERY race...
    Female horcs would be a good example :S

Definitely agree.

Its very easy to implement- new type of lesser heart that allows you to switch your race when you LR.

Done.

That would be something I'd spend TP on.
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

I see no reason not to add it in.

Does it have an impact on my gameplay: no
    Does it really matter: no
    Will it earn Turbine more money: yes
    Will I buy one: maybe, but probably not

It's not game breaking, and even if some people think its ridiculous because they would never buy one, or they view TR'ing as easier, the fact that it exists would not effect them

Oh I'm sure someone could spout strawman about how it effects them, but in the end... their just blowin steam out their rear end
    Infynity, Flaggson, Grazzit, Liryc
    Yep, I think I facepalmed my nose off.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    I disagree. If you want a new race I suggest TRing or rerolling. I can see NO flavor based reason for this request.
    And there is a 'flavor based' reason to have lesser or greater reincarnations in the game to allow you to respec your existing character in other ways?

How about this 'flavor based' reason. Very loosely flavor based, I admit, but here it is.
    Racial traits that are bugged and broken. I have a friend who played a WF barbarian and was having nothing but trouble getting to 20 for a TR after update 14. For a couple days he had 0% positive healing vulnerability, all that would show were 0's when trying to heal him, after he had respecced AP to drop all his healer's friend ranks because someone told him they were totally broken and didn't work, and every day he stated several times he wished Turbine would allow race changes so he could get out of a race he now hated with a passion.

He's hit 20 and TR into H-Orc barb, so it's not an issue for him anymore....but how about all the OTHER WF players currently who might jump all over a chance to do an LR + Race?

How about all the other races in the future who might get some critical aspect of their race broken by an update and might want to switch to a playable race as a result?

Absolutely /signed.

As for price, should be the same as a LR +1, and not some ridiculous +500 more than a standard LR.

Immortal Executioner & Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I would see this as more of along the lines of a Polymorph Self spell. Treat it like a GR so you can take advantage of the new you. But make it cost. The is d&d, anything can be possible for a price.
    >>>>>>> NobleFist Guild <<<<<<<
    DeepCutter ~ MidnightRed ~ Cardeeo ~ Dalmore ~ TracyDragon ~ Aftershock ~ MakersMark ~Imortalwrath
    Beta player & Leader of a Founders Guild 9yrs and going

Quote Originally Posted by CavernDragon View Post
    I would see this as more of along the lines of a Polymorph Self spell. Treat it like a GR so you can take advantage of the new you. But make it cost. The is d&d, anything can be possible for a price.
    Very true!

But in all seriousness a race change feature is a nice feature for both making Turbine money, and keeping players happy.

Speaking from personal experience, simply starting a new character all over again from scratch is a daunting task, especially if you have allready done the old content to death and are simply bored with it. I have 3 capped toons, and when I want to try a new class I LR +5 4 times (over 4 weeks, hate that part) rather than reroll. I have rerolled dozens of times previously and will not do it again. Been playing DDO since beta, been there done that.

The only thing missing for me (now with the allignment change, yay!) is the ability to change my race. please add this feature, Im dying for it!
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

Community Member

Hey that's a GREAT idea. Now when Turbine F**ks up a race we can all give them MORE money, not use the race (even if paid for ) anymore and give them the incentive NOT to fix it!!! Champion idea there. Surprised THEY haven't thought about that yet!

/not signed

NOTE: If they fixed the game I could see it as being a possible option. The state of the game today and the way they fubard WF and other content dictates not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus8 View Post
    Hey that's a GREAT idea. Now when Turbine F**ks up a race we can all give them MORE money, not use the race (even if paid for ) anymore and give them the incentive NOT to fix it!!! Champion idea there. Surprised THEY haven't thought about that yet!

/not signed

NOTE: If they fixed the game I could see it as being a possible option. The state of the game today and the way they fubard WF and other content dictates not.

Lets dail it down a bit. This is a great game that needs some fine tuning at times like any. Race change is to give players the option to try races (even if for mere asethetic reasons) that they would now like without starting all over again.

Community Member

Yes please to Race Reincarnation.

I really just cant wait for this, a great oppertunity to switch some race/class combos of my characters around!

any word?

/signed.

Oh, and this sounds familiar.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=320589
    Inferus Sus Thelanis; Primary Bodies:
    Adamantbody, Brassbody, Carbonbody, Ironbody, Uraniumbody
    Body Designer: Bodybuilder 20 Artificer

Community Member V_mad_jester_V's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus8 View Post

/not signed

uh, not so, they dont want to loose money from the wf being broken. They WILL fix wf cuz they want to make money off of what they programmed. So i dont see any logic with this statement.

long story short /signed to the op

many a time have i thought up a whacky build, picked a race i thought maybe helpful, find out end game that it wasnt the optimal race, and had to reroll a level 12+ toon, pick the new race and hope i picked right this time around.
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.

This is a good idea.

Make it so.

<insert Picard "Make it so" picture>
    Inferus Sus Thelanis; Primary Bodies:
    Adamantbody, Brassbody, Carbonbody, Ironbody, Uraniumbody
    Body Designer: Bodybuilder 20 Artificer

Was going to start a new request for this but found this thread.

With all the changes (nerfs or what not) it is a fair thing to request/allow.

Please make a reincarnate option for this even if it costs more TPs or whatever. Good for players and good for turbine.

Having to level 1-25 or re-level 1-25 is just to change one's race not practical for many.

Community Member

Default I like it...

I was hoping to find this in the store already!

Bump for a good idea.

I just have to resurrect this thread, this is still a very much desired feature that I would love to buy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12