Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
  1. #1
    Founder Delacroix21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Newport Beach, Ca
    Posts
    1,802

    Default Add Race Change to DDO Store!

    Please add this option to the DDO Store, everything else is there but this. I plan on purchasing this more than once, and can see many many many others doing likewise.


    No reason for it to be left out.


    <<<<<<<EDIT>>>>>>>
    Apparently I need to explain how this would be possible due to feat issues etc. Through a similar mechanic to a lesser or greater reincarnation. There!
    Last edited by Delacroix21; 08-07-2012 at 11:32 PM.
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

    Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

  2. #2
    Immortal Executioner & Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    CavernDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Darkest part of your mind
    Posts
    522

    Default

    I'd spend some TP for that
    >>>>>>> NobleFist Guild <<<<<<<
    DeepCutter ~ MidnightRed ~ Cardeeo ~ Dalmore ~ TracyDragon ~ Aftershock ~ MakersMark ~Imortalwrath
    Beta player & Leader of a Founders Guild 9yrs and going

  3. #3
    Community Member Zorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A Cave deep in the Earth
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Wow! I just smoked some of what the OP said, and yes, I agree!

    p.s. Just kidding

    I have no idea what this thread is about.

    Popcorn? or a pillow?
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

  4. #4
    The Hatchery CaptainSpacePony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North American East Coast Interwebs
    Posts
    1,384

    Default

    I disagree. If you want a new race I suggest TRing or rerolling. I can see NO flavor based reason for this request.

  5. #5
    Community Member Zorth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A Cave deep in the Earth
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    It could be possible to move souls from one body to another.
    Cavern Dragon I agree with you. I would spend Turbine points to instantly change from one Race to another.

    I just dropped my popcorn and burned my pillow, sorry this is stupid.
    Last edited by Zorth; 08-07-2012 at 07:24 PM.
    The Blood of the Red Dragon

  6. #6
    Community Member t0r012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    'burbs o' Philly
    Posts
    2,396

    Default

    How is it you think they should handle build point change that would have to accompany a race change?
    What about something like a humans bonus feat? Or a half elf dilly?


    I think there is a reason you don't see it in the store.
    -------

    Anyway, not signed ( nothing to do with technical problems above )
    Move along , Nothing to see here

  7. #7
    Community Member OverlordOfRats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    359

    Default

    That would be a nice addition.

    Tired of that drow fighter you made because drows are just that cool. You want to switch to the shiny new half-orc you just bought. You don't want to run up to level 20 and through a TR. Buy a race swap from the DDO store.

    It would have to be a form of reincarnation. To many problems with base statistics, feats, skills, and granted abilities changing to do it any other way.

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2,523

    Default

    Yes please!

  9. #9

    Default

    D'oh the OP is genius!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    nnnnnnnmn....Pie is greater than Cake....nnnnnnnnn
    ^^^^didn't need to hypnotize me to make me say that :P ^^^^^^

  10. #10
    Community Member Dwarfo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    How is it you think they should handle build point change that would have to accompany a race change?
    What about something like a humans bonus feat? Or a half elf dilly?

    I think there is a reason you don't see it in the store.
    You hit it spot on.

    /notsigned.
    Levistis, Orcys, and Thirzax of the Dragon Blood Cult of Maguuma, GW2.

  11. #11
    Community Member Dwarfo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Not sure if it's against the rules to falsely quote someone like but it's certainly not good etiquette.
    He's on a roll tonight
    Levistis, Orcys, and Thirzax of the Dragon Blood Cult of Maguuma, GW2.

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    sure it's not against the rules to falsely quote someone like but it's certainly very good etiquette.

    /signed, race does make a big enough difference for it to be necessary, this would lead to more diversity.
    Glad you see it my way
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    nnnnnnnmn....Pie is greater than Cake....nnnnnnnnn
    ^^^^didn't need to hypnotize me to make me say that :P ^^^^^^

  13. #13
    Community Member Therigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,316

    Default

    It is a great idea and I endorse it.

    I don't even care about the repercussions of people who want to jump from one race to the other multiple times. In the big scheme of things what does it matter?

    I would make it a type of greater/lesser reincarnation. Simply open up the character race option in the same way that character class option opens up.

    While on the subject, I'd also support a gender change option performed in a similar way -- as a reincarnation choice.

    Absolutely signed on to the idea of adding a race change mechanic via the DDO store.

  14. #14
    Community Member Rian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    That one place in that one state in that one country
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSpacePony View Post
    I disagree. If you want a new race I suggest TRing or rerolling. I can see NO flavor based reason for this request.
    Flavor isn't the ONLY reason to add things into the game.
    If there's money to be made, and Turbine can correctly implement it, they will.

    I wouldn't mind it, so I'm not opposed to it, however I most likely wouldn't use it because I am satisfied with most of my characters.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. - Mark Twain

  15. #15
    Community Member xxScoobyDooxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    626

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    How is it you think they should handle build point change that would have to accompany a race change?
    What about something like a humans bonus feat? Or a half elf dilly?


    I think there is a reason you don't see it in the store.
    -------

    Anyway, not signed ( nothing to do with technical problems above )
    Make it a more expensive LR option (LR with race change or standard LR as it is now). Pay more TP and get the option to change your race as well when you LR.

    Your problem is now solved so sign it!!!

    /signed
    Flashious, Slashious, Bashious, Delushous, SifuTam Toustious, Sneakious
    Officer - Templar - Cannith

  16. #16
    Founder Delacroix21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Newport Beach, Ca
    Posts
    1,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    How is it you think they should handle build point change that would have to accompany a race change?
    What about something like a humans bonus feat? Or a half elf dilly?


    I think there is a reason you don't see it in the store.
    -------

    Anyway, not signed ( nothing to do with technical problems above )
    [II By making it similar to a lesser or greater reincarnate. I thought that was obvious.[/I]
    Making DDO a better game 1 post at a time!

    Triple EVERYTHING Completionist= Heroic 39/39, Iconic 12/12, Epic 36/36

  17. #17
    Community Member Saravis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    It would really only work as an added option to LR/GR, too many issues with differences between races.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    How is it you think they should handle build point change that would have to accompany a race change?
    What about something like a humans bonus feat? Or a half elf dilly?


    I think there is a reason you don't see it in the store.
    -------

    Anyway, not signed ( nothing to do with technical problems above )
    Quite simple, as it would not be 'just' a race change, it would be a lesser reincarnation + race change rolled into one, sorta like the lesser hearts of wood +x that allow you to swap out class levels.

    without requiring a true reincarnation we can:
    swap feats (so sensible to 'forget' to use improved tactics feats, or suddenly get weak willed /sarcasm)
    swap skills (makes so much sense to completely forget how to locate or disable a trap)
    swap appearance (facelift actually sorta makes sense)
    swap stat allocation (going from being able to lift a ton to barely being able to dent a pack of butter)
    swap alignments (go from upholding the highest ideals of law and order to just saying F it and do whatever you like)

    but somehow going from male to female or visa versa, or going from h.orc to h.elf is more farfetched then that?

  19. #19
    Community Member twigzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    779

    Default

    I'd throw down some TP on this!

    /signed

  20. #20
    Community Member MsEricka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg Canada
    Posts
    3,069

    Default

    Not a yes or no.

    With current in-game mechanics simply changing race would break some characters (feats, stats). As others have said it would need to be a lesser restoration as well. If it was released the price better be pretty darn high, at least 500TP higher than a current LR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload