Community Member

Default Looking for Group/Guild

This is kind of the wrong spot, but It fits best in this forum.

I'm interested in playing with a group or having a character in a guild which is not PD,
    but does abide by many of the rules to enhance the challenge and enjoyment of the game.

Looking for an environment that encourages teamwork, and enjoys the journey more
    than the destination.

I'd prefer restrictions on trade, only in guild trading, vendors, no brokers or AH.
    Only loot gained in dungeon and rewards.

I prefer something along the lines of only the highest available difficulty,
    and never doing quests below party level, usually above party level preferably.

I think you get the picture.

I'm not specifically looking for any RP, and would kind of prefer to not have it,
    however, for the right group I'm more than happy to dive in and give it a shot (never have).

I'm a team player, pretty well skilled as a gamer, and willing to play any role.

I am on Alaska Time, which is -1 PST, could be avaiable mon, tuesday, thursday, friday 7 pm - 1:00 am PST,
    or saturday almost anytime.

If you know of a guild, or a group, or are running a group which you think my fit for me,
    please toss a guild name/server here for me!

Thank you very much for taking your time to read, and thanks very much for your replies!
    Last edited by Kimeni; 08-07-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Sounds like you're describing one of the PD guilds exactly, either PD Halls or MV, I think.

Check this link out, review their rules, and pick the one that best links up with your interests. I'd really encourage you to take that final step and try PD. Without it, I wouldn't have retained my interest over 6 years. Start noncommittally with one character to get your feet wet.

Community Member

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply Magnyr, I'm sorry I failed to mention that I have done PD for quite
    some time, and now that I've returned to the game, and getting back into it. I've no intention stopping, it's way too
    much fun.

But I'm also looking for a dungeon creep/crawl group that doesn't include PD. I've seen a couple threads for groups or
    guilds like this, but they either seem to be inactive now, unresponsive, or one I've seen plays only on wednesday
    evenings, which unfortunately doesn't work for me.

Thanks again, do you have any idea where I should look?

Or, too any who run such a group, I'm interrested!

Sorry I can't be of more help, but I used to be in a big raider-type guild 4+ years ago, then I bounced around a few PD guilds before picking the one I've been in now for 3+ years. It has been awesome, but it does tend to limit my knowledge of things outside the guild.

Glad to hear you're enjoying PD, and I hope you find what you're looking for!

Community Member

Thanks for your time, and I'd appreciate anyone else's direction if they know of anything like what I'm looking for.

There used to be a guild on Argo called "We Don't Run Through Dungeons". Not sure if they are still around. From what I understand they kind of took thier time through stuff. However, outside of a few closed static groups, I have never heard of exactly what you are looking for. Good luck.
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Community Member

Thanks, I will look them up and see if I can find anything out.

Appreciate your stopping by, Parvo.

Btw, it was Mortal Voyage that got me hooked on PD a year or two ago.

Default re

Kimeni -
    We have a three man static group that may interest you.
    We have a 40+ elite streak so far and we tend to crawl. The problem may be that we are all on Eastern and Central time so I'm not sure if you could get on a bit earlier to group with us.

Our rules for the group (and our guild is similar)

No buying magic (AH - Brokers - Vendors)
    We do use in game favor buffs
    No shrines (at least we haven't used them yet)
    We don't do challenges or craft - but may do so later on.
    We plan to TR these guys - a first for all of us - so this is not a strict PD group. However, I think we've only had one death and that was when WW was buggy in the acid trap and we had to try it.

Our group started at a staggered clip and we don't have a "hard night(s)" to play. We just log in and if the three are on we roll. We have 2 level 7's and a 6 and tonight we finished TR on elite and are headed to the Necropolis or Carnival after we finished some odd level fours on elite. The group is three solid players who have all played together in three PD guilds - this makes a 4th as we all play some form of PD with our alts - and we've known each other in game about four years. So, I guess you could say we're a tight group that would welcome others like us.

We could use an arcane and/or a pure cleric. You could roll a vet if you like - but if you get to within grouping range we'll hold off.

Guild uses similar rules - you can check out the link. Members choose on each alternate if they want to run PD or not - even if they want to be strict PD or a light PD. The big thing we stress is to play as a team - although we don't have hard/fast rules that you have to run on hard/elite as some of our members are F2P - and since we are very small with only five or six active players we do a lot of soloing - small groups.

The three in the static group share the leadership roles including guild leader which rotates every two months - I give up the helm at the end of this week.

If you are unable to run with the group - you could still join our guild - but I warn you that this is a smaller guild and we really don't recruit too much - we just like running quests in a manner like tabletop. Most members do play PD - but you don't have to do so although you do have to adopt some death penalty as might be found in tabletop gaming.

The basic rules of the guild can be found at this link:

http://my.ddo.com/guild-ghallanda-s_...y/guild-rules/

Guild name is S O S - Survivors of Stormreach (17)
    Last edited by KGWiking; 08-09-2012 at 12:01 AM.
    Play as a TEAM: Together Everyone Accomplishes More

Community Member

Awesome, This sounds great, KGWking, I know you don't have a scheduled time, but on average what time on the east coast are you guys usually grouping up?

Edit:

@Parvo:

So, I tracked down two 'do not run through dungeons' guilds, both single member, appear to be inactive, one, 'we DO run through dungeons' guild, and more importantly, one 'we run through dungeons nude' guild.

... Which, hey, let's face it. Is almost what I'm looking for. Hah hah hah.
    Last edited by Kimeni; 08-09-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Default game time

Kimeni -
    I'm on break, but Fall Semester starts soon - along with the committees and writing so my play time is amped up at the moment.

Typically the three of us have been logging on about 8pm EST and run till 11 PM EST on weeknights. Weekends are less formal. I "try" to get to bed by 1130 EST on Sunday - Thursday - so that may be too early for you. However, I do play on the weekends. We've not advertised much at all - other than this post. We do have a few members who log on less often and a few old friends say that they will be joining up. Of course if you have friends you know you could enlist them and if they like the guidelines could join up too! If you see me I have tons of alternates as I like to fool around with build types - and I can help you run the quests that the group has run. You could also make up the quests with me or others and be a "guest star" when you log in. We have decided that those with more XP will blue line to even out levels.

I would be open for a Friday Night maybe from 6 to 9 your time or Saturday - Sunday Static Group with you and perhaps we could look for other dungeon crawlers. As I said we're small with only six members and five are experienced PD players - so by nature we run with a tactical mind.

We're on Ghallanda - feel free to send anyone an in game tell to enroll. Veterans are fine.
    Last edited by KGWiking; 08-09-2012 at 09:13 AM.

Community Member

Great, when I get off work tonight, I will roll up someone and try to catch someone on!
    Thanks!

Default re

Okay. Feel free to roll a veteran (or two) if you like I'm not sure really how that works as I've not used them, but I think you can go to 4 or 7. I'll be on tonight - but not sure if our group will be on.