Community Member

Default Drow + Grandmaster Flowers = 50 SR

At lvl 25, Drow can now reach 50 SR with the stacking SR offered by Grandmaster of Flowers.
    Non monk Drow can achieve 44 SR by twisting the tier 2 Serenity enhancement into any other class.

Discuss...

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

It's a nice idea but last I read drow SR doesnt stack and won't unless some serious back end work is done (unlikely was my impression).
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Community Member

I am working to twist my lvl 24 Drow rogue to with Serenity. The description blatantly states that it stacks, and I know that it stacked for my Monk halfling, who now has 45 SR... 30 from Diamond Soul and 15 from epic destiny.
    Last edited by Sylvenon; 08-05-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvenon View Post
    I am working to twist my lvl 24 Drow rogue to with Serenity. The description blatantly states that it stacks, and I know that it stacked for my Monk halfling, who now has 45 SR... 30 from Diamond Soul and 15 from epic destiny.
    Yep, iirc though there's a dev post stating that it won't stack and isn't likely to due to some coding obstacles that would be time consuming to fix.

Could be wrong, good luck. Worst case you can twist piercing clarity instead (10% fort bypass).
    Build Index

Community Member

Every once in a while I give it another try, hoping for a miracle. Alas, in DDO there's plenty of magic but don't hold your breath for a miracle.

In a thread I started on this issue, someone had stated that SR for us was pointless. My arguement back was that 40+ SR worked well for epic Drow in the past, how about a little turnaround is fair play. Does anyone have experience with a high SR toon?

Edited for grammar correction

Community Member

I know that the blue shield indicating a SR save goes off on my lvl 23 monk quite often in epic quests. With Grandmaster of Flowers 5, his SR is 45.

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    Yep, iirc though there's a dev post stating that it won't stack and isn't likely to due to some coding obstacles that would be time consuming to fix.

Could be wrong, good luck. Worst case you can twist piercing clarity instead (10% fort bypass).
    A coding obstacle in getting the description correct? It says stacking SR in the description. Maybe the coding obstacle is firing anyone who speaks English on their staff?? I don't think so.

I am more likely to disagree with you that the developer said anything about this concerning epic destinies. I think you got it confused with the fact that monk SR and Drow SR do not stack. Epic destinies may be related to certain classes, but everyone is supposed to be able to take advantage of them.

There is no reason for the developers to nerf Drow. SR may help you against that enervate if your opponent rolls badly. Of course, you could be warforged and never have to worry about that enervate even if you opponent rolls well.

Weapons and damaging spells will still affect you as well as most everything else. SR is not as powerful as evasion.

The stacking spell resistance could be used with anything. . . spells, items . . .

I think the developers are trying to make the game more open to possibilities as long as those possibilities don't totally mess with the basic game balance. I don't see SR on Drow as hurting game balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilltrot View Post
    A coding obstacle in getting the description correct? It says stacking SR in the description. Maybe the coding obstacle is firing anyone who speaks English on their staff?? I don't think so.

I am more likely to disagree with you that the developer said anything about this concerning epic destinies. I think you got it confused with the fact that monk SR and Drow SR do not stack. Epic destinies may be related to certain classes, but everyone is supposed to be able to take advantage of them.

There is no reason for the developers to nerf Drow. SR may help you against that enervate if your opponent rolls badly. Of course, you could be warforged and never have to worry about that enervate even if you opponent rolls well.

Weapons and damaging spells will still affect you as well as most everything else. SR is not as powerful as evasion.

The stacking spell resistance could be used with anything. . . spells, items . . .

I think the developers are trying to make the game more open to possibilities as long as those possibilities don't totally mess with the basic game balance. I don't see SR on Drow as hurting game balance.
    I take your disagreement and raise you one dev post:

Spell Resistance from auto-granted enhancements and Serenity:
    The issue with spell resistance stacking has been found and is being worked on. I'm making changes that will cause it to stack with all of the following: Spell resistance from items, set bonuses, the Spell Resistance spell, and Monk Diamond Soul.
    It's not going to stack with Drow racial spell resistance, as unfortunately there is a technical hurdle making this impossible at this time, without a backend change by our engineering team. That's going to have to wait for a future patch, I'm afraid.
    Build Index

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvenon View Post
    Discuss...
    Pretty neat for epic hard, probably ranges from useless to almost useless in epic elites.

Quote Originally Posted by Viisari View Post
    Pretty neat for epic hard, probably ranges from useless to almost useless in epic elites.
    Basically this, mob caster level is usually exactly equal to their CR.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    I take your disagreement and raise you one dev post:
    After rereading your original statement, I realize I likely misinterpreted your comment. You weren't saying that Drow weren't suppose to have the stacking SR and the Devs were going to change it so that they weren't . . .

You were saying that Drow currently don't have stacking SR and the Devs said they should but they haven't worked it into the game yet.

You can tell from my post that I misunderstood your original comment.

I apologize. I made a mistake.