Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Azaghan View Post
    So, what is considered the most efficient way to build a pure H-Orc Barbarian with all these changes?

Such a character has 7 heroic feat slots and 2 epic. He is going Legendary Dreadnought using greataxes. Let's consider the following feats are 'non-negotiable' : Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Stunning Blow, Improved Critical:Slashing and Overwhelming Critical. That leaves us with 2 heroic feat slots and one epic feat slot. Which of the following combos would make more sense?

[1] THF, ITHF, GTHF

[2] THF, ITHF, Toughness (or Barbarian Active Past Life)

[3] THF, Toughness, Epic Toughness (I don't think that dropping two THF feats is a good idea though)

Tied to the question above is the following one: What is the best way to attack utilizing all the Dreadnought moves? 2 swings and then Sup. Cleave? or 3 swings then Sup. Cleave? Then chain the remaining cleave moves after the Supreme Cleave? Has anyone crunched these numbers?

EDIT: Yes I saw the post above mine and have read Shade's guides. I am just not sure about the impact of dropping one ore more THF feats now that cleaves are a crucial part of the attack chain, and also what is the "optimal" way to chain together all the cleave moves together with the standard attacks.
    Just calculate your damage per swing and remove 10% from it for every two handed feat you remove, plus -3% chance of procing any effect from your equipment. If you only attack with cleaves and first attack sequence.
    Momentum can reset lay, and each cleave can reset momentum. So you should be doing lay first, then momentum, and the others in any order.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

So, what is considered the most efficient way to build a pure H-Orc Barbarian with all these changes?

Such a character has 7 heroic feat slots and 2 epic. He is going Legendary Dreadnought using greataxes. Let's consider the following feats are 'non-negotiable' : Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Stunning Blow, Improved Critical:Slashing and Overwhelming Critical. That leaves us with 2 heroic feat slots and one epic feat slot. Which of the following combos would make more sense?

[1] THF, ITHF, GTHF

[2] THF, ITHF, Toughness (or Barbarian Active Past Life)

[3] THF, Toughness, Epic Toughness (I don't think that dropping two THF feats is a good idea though)

Tied to the question above is the following one: What is the best way to attack utilizing all the Dreadnought moves? 2 swings and then Sup. Cleave? or 3 swings then Sup. Cleave? Then chain the remaining cleave moves after the Supreme Cleave? Has anyone crunched these numbers?

EDIT: Yes I saw the post above mine and have read Shade's guides. I am just not sure about the impact of dropping one ore more THF feats now that cleaves are a crucial part of the attack chain, and also what is the "optimal" way to chain together all the cleave moves together with the standard attacks.
    Not a number cruncher here but can tell you what Ive been doing. Nothing complicated. Fury > boost > momentum >sup cleave >if momentum comes off then repeat if not >spam great cleave/cleave > momentum >sup cleave >fury >boost yada yada

in between any of this spamming I am also throwing regular attacks if and when time in between these abilities. I do really dislike the pause when activating fury but with an ESOS its an auto crit so even if not 19 or 20 nice number. Pretty busy on the hotkeys though and this activity isnt used as aggressivily on trash..Trash I try to spam cleaves more and get in the momentum when I can. Also of note glancing blows are proc'n off my cleaves cept of course if Im moving. Tend to just jump in to the casters CC when available and start the cleaves spams
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

Community Member

Glancing blows proc on cleaves/GC/SC/MS and probably LW. [1]

Without THF chain this is about 20%*50% = 10% of your per swing damage. THF and ITHF are 15% and 20% respective per swing. GTHF adds a third glancing blow giving 50%*75% = 37.5% of the base per swing damage.

OC will at most add 10% to your base per swing damage. Since Cleave, Power Attack and IC: Slashing are pretty much required for any FB build. You have to decided whether GC and OC for 10% dps are worth the 37.% boost from GTHF.

[1] http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=388612
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Community Member

I am almost 100% set on dropping toughness. I mean, a Barbarian's role is (massive) DPS, and max DPS is obviously achieved through full THF line along with Cleaves and OC.

On the Toughness issue, I also play a Sorcerer and I can see some simillarities here. Would a Sorcerer drop a DC feat for Mental Toughness? Of course not. And most players agree on that (to be honest I haven't met a single guy with MT on his Sorc). Barbarian is equally blessed with tons of hit points via d12 hit die and a huge CON boost while raged. With the latest achievable hit point totals, Toughness seems a bit excessive, especially if you sacrifice DPS for it.

Even before U14, on pure Horc Barbarian builds some people were sacrificing Toughness for Stunnig Blow, which is a very solid choice for Barbs with their super-high STR. Now, with those sweet new DPS options (Great cleave --> Overwhelming Criticals) I definitely think that Toughness is not top priority for a Horc Barbarian any more.

Just my 2c though

Question Recommendations on the Best Epic Destiny for a pure HO max DPS Barbarian?

Any recommendations on the Best Epic Destiny for a pure HO max DPS Barbarian?

Our party's new Barbarian is about to hit 20. He is pretty much off of Shade's guide with toughness but likely we will LR him out of Toughness once he gets his Epic Destiny ground out.

The only real Epic Destiny mention that I caught above is:

Fury of the wild with twists for momentum swing, imp PA and brace for impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodoze View Post
    Any recommendations on the Best Epic Destiny for a pure HO max DPS Barbarian?

Our party's new Barbarian is about to hit 20. He is pretty much off of Shade's guide with toughness but likely we will LR him out of Toughness once he gets his Epic Destiny ground out.

The only real Epic Destiny mention that I caught above is:

Fury of the wild with twists for momentum swing, imp PA and brace for impact.
    You have two real options, fury or dreadnought.

Going fury, I suggest for best damage twisting momentum, lay and haste boost.

Going dreadnought, sense weakness, primal scream and tunnel vision.

Of course there are several other options for twisting, but those are considered by the majority as the best dps. About which destiny to stick with, he will have to level both for fate points, so he can even use one per quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jejeba86 View Post
    You have two real options, fury or dreadnought.

Going fury, I suggest for best damage twisting momentum, lay and haste boost.

Going dreadnought, sense weakness, primal scream and tunnel vision.

Of course there are several other options for twisting, but those are considered by the majority as the best dps. About which destiny to stick with, he will have to level both for fate points, so he can even use one per quest.
    Or Sense Weakness, Hail of Blows, and Tunnel Vision.
    Varz
    Wanderlust

Community Member whereispowderedsilve's Avatar

Default Those are good choices as well by empty!

Quote Originally Posted by emptysands View Post
    Or Sense Weakness, Hail of Blows, and Tunnel Vision.
    Those are good choices as well by empty!
    http://dillonpfaff5.wix.com/theob Sign this!!!: http://goo.gl/vS6htg

DDO toll free support phone#: 855-WBGAMES (855-924-2637)

Community Member

18 barbarian 2 fighter
    Half Orc

Feats: (not in any order)
    cleave
    great cleave
    power attack
    improved critical
    thf
    ithf
    gthf
    stunning blow
    toughness
    overwhelming critical
    dont really matter what the last one is i took barb past life

Fury of the Wild:
    tunnel vision 3
    primal scream 3
    fast healing 2
    acute instincts 3
    malicious weapons 3
    wild weapons 3
    sense weakness 3
    fury eternal 1
    unbridled fury 1

Twists:
    momentum swing 3 (from Dreadnought)
    improved power attack 1 (from Dreadnought)
    brace for impact 2 (from Sentinal)

Thats what i am planning on doing once i get all my stuff done i just need 3 more fate points to get brace for impact twisted.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234