Default Coming Back to DDO

With the release of Menace I have decided to come back to DDO. I played regularly for the first two years DDO was out, and off and on the next two, but haven't played but maybe once or twice the last two.

I'm trying to decide which route to take...

My questions is:

If I purchase a year VIP should I also purchase Standard or Basic Menace. What are the pros and cons?

CuChoinneach Deathslayer Knight of the Undying Court

The MotU expansion does have alot of interesting perks. The epic destinies add a nice twist to previous gameplay if you have any characters at level 20.

Quote Originally Posted by True_Knight View Post
    With the release of Menace I have decided to come back to DDO. I played regularly for the first two years DDO was out, and off and on the next two, but haven't played but maybe once or twice the last two.

I'm trying to decide which route to take...

My questions is:

If I purchase a year VIP should I also purchase Standard or Basic Menace. What are the pros and cons?
    http://underdark.ddo.com/

Do you want to play a druid?
    Do you struggle to level from 1-4?
    Do you struggle to level from 4-20?
    Do you want to run evening star challenges more than once per day? (note. challenge xp has been nerfed to oblivian by devs, and on top of that, eveningstar challenge loot is terrible. I would strongly advise against paying for it when you can get one free run per day.)

If you answered yes twice or more I would advise the standard version, if you only said yes once or less i would go for the basic version.

The difference between the two is pretty obvious on the motu site.
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 08-04-2012 at 08:37 AM.

Thanks for your reply. I have one character at level 17, and several in the 3 to 9 levels. So I guess I will go with the full deal... MOTU Standard and VIP. Thanks.

CuChoinneach Deathslayer Knight of the Undying Court

Druid comes as part of V.I.P. and there isn’t much that you get with standard over basic that doesn’t. If you don’t plan on switching to premium, it may be better to purchase the basic edition.

Edit - To Clarify:

-You get one greater tome of learning per server to use on one character instead of the lesser tome that comes with basic.

-You get Veteran Status I which can be unlocked per server via earning 1000 favor in game.

-You get 1000 TP that effectively reduces the price of the previous two items by 10 USD.
    Last edited by WurmBurned; 08-04-2012 at 09:26 AM.
    Change is not always for the worse, but neither is it always for the better.

My suggestions for the upcoming enhancement tree system.

I would just like to add that you will be able to buy the FR content with turbine points as of U15 (August 20th, tentatively.)