Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Maybe the War Wizards are bugged, then?
    Cause I found another encounter yesteday (something like "talk to the war wizard about the portal to somewhere") but it doesn't want to speak with me so I wasn't able to help him out
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Quote Originally Posted by Phax View Post
    Rare encounters in the King's Forest are not bestowed until you find an encounter. There are a bunch of rare encounter quests, but you have to go find them. They are not automatically bestowed and will not appear in your journal when you first enter the area. This is different than other wilderness areas, and is by design.
    Ok. I hope I understand that right.

The 5 Random Encounters, read: Random Encounters: Villagers etc. only show up in the journal after you have had an encounter of that category and not at the first time entering the forest?

If so, then there in fact is no bug. (I assume that being unable to talk to certain NPCs of specific encounters, as several posters mentioned too, is a different kind of bug).

As I posted before, after several hours of running around in the forest, I found a couple "working" encounters and they behaved "normally" and I eventually got 5 journal entries.

At the very least, the fact that encounters in Kings Forest work differently than in all other areas should have been mentioned somewhere to avoid confusion in the future (and in case more areas with that specific way to handle encounters are planned).

I had the Hag's riddle work for one of my characters - I passed two of her challenges, but not the third.

But every other time since then, she's never responded properly.

The war wizard trying to close the portal was another one that didn't work properly.

Thelanis
    :
    Axio/Pak/Flavord/Paxi/Axiomus/Efrit/Aximus/Axi/Paximus/Heysoos/DanielAsh/Axioma
    -=[ Archangels ]=-

Community Member

I had similar problem with Purple Knights Adept yesterday - he was unresponsive, so it is not just War Wizards problem.

Community Member

Default Free the war wizard

In the "Hags Prize" encounter we completed this twice now and freed the wizard, got the commendations but it says we failed in the general chat and on the screen. Is it bugged or is there still something we have to figure out?

Wink

Watch out as some encounters seem bugged but only work at a particular moment in the day or night ..
    Especially the random encounter with 3 mens inviting you for diner around a fire camp.
    This one will only work at night and the 3 men will transform into werewolves when your talk to one of them at night
    **Anamalia level 25 Cleric **
    Guild Stealer of souls

I guess the hag's encounter works the same ..
    sometimes nothing will happen clicking at him , sometimes it will trigger and the enemies are difficult to everhelm
    **Anamalia level 25 Cleric **
    Guild Stealer of souls

Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    I had the Hag's riddle work for one of my characters - I passed two of her challenges, but not the third.

But every other time since then, she's never responded properly.

The war wizard trying to close the portal was another one that didn't work properly.
    I had precisely the OPPOSITE experience night before last - Portal encounter worked, hag unresponsive entirely. In fact, this was the second character who has run into the unresponsive hag riddle encounter. First character at night, second in the daytime.

I'm guessing what's meant by "rare encounter" is that it is rare for them to be consistent and predictable.

EDIT: OHHHH Thought: PHAX, if there are Drow around, would that not trigger the "darkening effect", thus I only THOUGHT it was nighttime on the first character? Does she only trigger at night?

If some trigger only at night and others in daytime, why spawn them in their opposing time of day at all?
    Last edited by fco-karatekid; 08-29-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    I had precisely the OPPOSITE experience night before last - Portal encounter worked, hag unresponsive entirely. In fact, this was the second character who has run into the unresponsive hag riddle encounter. First character at night, second in the daytime.

I'm guessing what's meant by "rare encounter" is that it is rare for them to be consistent and predictable.

EDIT: OHHHH Thought: PHAX, if there are Drow around, would that not trigger the "darkening effect", thus I only THOUGHT it was nighttime on the first character? Does she only trigger at night?

If some trigger only at night and others in daytime, why spawn them in their opposing time of day at all?
    Or even if they can only be done at certain times (day/night) at least have some dialogue there that alludes to that fact, like with the Hunters Feast.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Default Still missing complete on Hag

In our guild several of us have triggered and what we thought was solve the Hag quest. Get the commendation but the rare complete does not change and after the commendation message appears we then see the "Failed" message in general chat.

Have done this quest in day and night. So my question again to our dev's.......is this a bug or is there some way to solve we have missed? Don't mind solving trick quests but don't want to keep trying if it is bugged.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123