Default Hellstorm! The Gates are Open on Thelanis!

Hellstorm is not recruiting at this time.

• Do you like the idea of gaming with mature adults who understand that this is just a game and there is no need for drama?
    • Do you enjoy the social aspect that DDO offers?
    • Do you like using headsets instead of text messaging?
    • Do you like the idea of getting to know your guild mates on a first name basis?
    • Do you like to play the game as part of a tactical unit, where players work as a team?
    • Do you enjoy taking your time in new quests instead of rushing through them?
    • Do you like having your game questions answered in a friendly, easy to understand manner?

If you answered YES to the questions above, then keep reading to find out more!

Hellstorm is a medium-sized group of
    mature men and women largely based out of east coast America with o
    ur membership encompassing a broad range of experience, levels & classes from the semi-casual to the hardcore. We operate under a code of honor to promote teamwork and strive for game related rewards within a relaxed social environment.

Our gaming style ranges from the execution of carefully planned strategies to relentless onslaughts where the bloodlust overwhelms our senses and we become hell-bent on the total annihilation of our enemies! From the dusts of hell, our angels of death have taken flight and millions of souls have been consumed by the blaze of glory that is the Hellstorm! Now, many many lifetimes later, we continue to spread our blood tipped wings across Eberron and delve deeper into the Forgotten Realms in search of evil or divine and keep our fires burning into the night.(Makes a d20 reality check.) We enjoy the challenge of high level premium content and the rewards found within but also run low to mid-level and F2P content as needed to advance our characters. Mostly we just like to have fun with people that share our gaming style, hobbies and sense of humor.

Hellstorm members are:

• Anti-Drama
    • Dedicated
    • Driven
    • Helpful
    • Honorable
    • Respectful
    • Self-Motivated
    • Sociable
    • Tactical
    • Team Oriented

For complete details, you may also visit the Membership Page and Frequently Asked Questions section on our Hellstorm Website.

Guild Requirements:

• All members must be mature adults age 18 or over and be able to conduct themselves in a polite, respectful, socially responsible manner. (Most of us are in our thirties and forties.)
    • All members must have and use a Headset for in-game voice when needed. (Please be considerate of your teammates and use the "Push-to-Talk" option.)
    • All members must be team players and ready to run with the guild. (Players that prefer to run solo or pugging in random groups outside of the guild won't last within the Hellstorm.)
    • All members must register and maintain a current list of characters on our website. (Many of us have 10 or more characters and this helps us keep track of who we are talking to and gaming with.)

CONTACT US!

If you are interested in becoming part of the Hellstorm, please contact us at
    Hellstorm Membership
    and answer the following questions:

• What is your name?
    • What is your age?
    • Do you have a working headset?
    • What is your experience with DDO?
    • What times / How often do you normally play? Please include timezones.
    • Are you Free to Play, Premium or VIP? If Premium, what adventure packs do you own?
    • Do you have access to the Forgotten Realms content or plans to buy it?
    • What characters would you bring into the Hellstorm? Names and Levels please.

Qualified applicants should expect a timely response in order to set up an in-game meeting for further discussion and a screening run with one or more Hellstorm Officers. We will be looking at your personality, not your achievements, skill level or amount of experience with the game. We want to know that you will fit in and have a good time with the rest of the guild. We also understand that screening is a two way process and you should feel comfortable asking any questions you may have to ensure that Hellstorm is the right choice for you.

Alternatively, you may look for one of our Recruiting Officers in game to discuss your membership. Characters that can help get you into the Hellstorm include: Dicarus, Kajukenbo, Krugga, Rumpale, Savarrah and Shangeon. The best meeting times are between 7:00 PM and 9:00 EST.

If accepted, new recruits will be placed on a short probationary period to further evaluate their gaming style, social compatibility and overall contribution to the guild.

Last edited by DarkThoughts; 04-06-2015 at 08:36 AM.
    We should take a torch to this place and burn all the Trolls.

Default Hellstorm

I have been playing this game since 2006 and have been in a number of guilds on a bunch of different servers and this guild is by far one of the best that I have been involved in. If you’re looking for a guild that has members that are willing to help you farm gear or get that last bit of experience, then look no further than Hellstorm. While were still growing our player base, there is seldom a time that I log on and don’t find another member on. We all have characters in various levels, and are always willing to change to a lower level character or even create a quick character to help out a guild member. We have a good mix of VIP players, premium players and even have a few free to play members. While we do tend to run some premium quests, normally there is someone who is willing to pass along a guest pass if you want to go with us. We are a new player friendly guild as well. So if you’re new to the game, new to the Thelanis server, or just looking for a change in your guild atmosphere, look us up and give us a try. Look up any member when you are on and they should be able to get you started on becoming a member, or just follow the information on the above post.
    Last edited by dwwithers; 08-15-2012 at 09:05 AM.

If you are looking for a fun group with no drama Hellstorm is the guild for you. We have a lot of fun running all levels of content with players that vary in experience with the game.

I waited a long time to find a guild that was made up of adult players that just want to have fun. Everyone is extremely helpful and understanding and we are pretty much on a first name basis.

Whether you're farming for a particular item or just trying to get that last bit of xp or favor we will help out in any way we can and have some fun doing it.

Game On,

~D

I do agree that this is one of the most helpful and useful guilds I've come across. I joined back when they were level 8, now we are level 60 or so. The use of voice chat and the willingness to assist one another are big perks in my book, and provide more of a tactical unit feel than the pick-up groups I ran with.

We also do no spoiler quests upon request, if someone is new to the content. I like that, because I like to get the full game experience rather than be dragged through quests.

I'm now flagged for some of the stuff I was missing and have a much better understanding of select gameplay mechanics that were foreign to me upon joining the handful of players that were the guild's initial makeup.

Hellstorm is amping up the recruiting again in search of more quality members!

We've built a number of our newest members up to Epic levels and have had a blast exploring the Forgotten Realms but we also have members working on lower level characters from level 7 and up that just aren't quite ready to face Lloth yet.

What we are:
    A friendly no drama group of mature respectful adults that enjoy the spoils of the game. We like people that want to be a part of and contribute to the guild instead of using the roster as a placeholder. We place need before greed and offer up items freely that will better serve our guildmates before attempting to sell them to the highest bidder. And we attack our foes with Heavy Metal thunder while discussing such topics as The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy and other pop culture favorites.

What we are not:
    We are not the type of players that get bent out of shape when things don't go perfectly as planned. We don't treat the game as a military exercise or require every single quest to be an Elite zerg run. We don't whine when the holy grail of named items doesn't drop for us. And we don't argue over something as trivial as a video game.

If this sounds like what you've been looking for, please visit our website for complete membership details and requirements.

Are you looking for a guild that:

• Never gets lag in DDO?
    • Never gets booted off the server when switching instances?
    • Never has to wait two days for Turbine to put a fresh hamster on the wheel?

If you find one, let me know because that isn't Hellstorm but this thread needed a bump to let people know that we are still recruiting.
    Last edited by DarkThoughts; 02-18-2013 at 05:18 AM.

Community Member

Enter SERIGNUAD banging on two coconuts.

SERIGNUAD

(pulling on imaginary reins) Whoa there!

(looking askance at the open Gates of the Hell)

[clop clop]

SERIGNUAD:

I say..

(fights for a moment with his imaginary horse)

(shuts the Gates to Hell)

SERIGNUAD:

Careless of someone to be leaving that thing open..

[clop clop]

SERIGNUAD exits.

DarkThoughts:
    (Wanders in to see the gates closed)
    (Dials up the Circus)
    (Let's the phone ring)
    (Waits for someone to pick up)

DarkThoughts:

Hello, Monty?
    Yeah, it happened again.
    Yeah, he's still here. Looks like he is a bit lost circling a nearby tree.
    ---
    You want me to do what?!
    Alright. If you say so.
    (Hangs up the phone)

DarkThoughts:
    (Looks at the bizarre horseless horseman)
    Monty wanted me to let you know they are putting together a 12-man raiding party against the Rabbit of Caerbannog and your services will be required immediately.
    (Waits for the horseman to gallop off with coconuts in hand.)
    (Reopens the Gates)
    Last edited by DarkThoughts; 02-28-2013 at 06:09 AM.

Community Member

Enter SERIGNUAD banging madly on two coconuts.

SERIGNUAD

(panting heavily)

(pauses as he contemplates the re-opened Gates of Hell)

Well, the food can't be any worse.

(dismounts from his imaginary horse before entering the Gates of Hell)

No, you stay here Jingles.

(reverently places both halves of his coconut on the floor)

You'll be happier out here my friend.

(wipes away a tear and walks through the Gates of Hell)

(after a minute, Serignuad's voice can be heard echoing back)

Sure are a lot of Republican's in here...

Enter two big orderlies dressed in the white uniform of the Oregon State Hospital for the Insane

(both panting heavily)

ORDERLY 1

Damn him!

ORDERLY 2

(laughing)

ORDERLY 1

What?

ORDERLY 2

Oh, I thought you were making a joke...

(pretends not to notice the two coconut halves outside the wide open Gates of Hell)

ORDERLY 1

Let's keep moving. Nurse Ratched will have our jobs if we let another one escape.

The two orderlies exit Stage Left.
    Last edited by Serignuad2; 02-28-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serignuad2 View Post
    Sure are a lot of Republican's in here...
    Hahaha That my friend was worth a +1.

Welcome to 2014 everyone! Flying cars and machines that want to kill all mankind can't be far away now!

Hellstorm members are taking a more relaxed approach to DDO. We have spent several years focusing on the grind with a number of our members logging in to play the game daily, flagging for every raid in the game and fully exploring everything that Eberron and the Forgotten Realms have to offer.

Now with real world responsibilities and other interests outside of DDO, we play the game as friends that just want to hang out and have fun rather than focus on the grind. Because of our new perspective, we are opening our doors once again to expand our membership and build a larger player base to help ensure that we always have friends online to fill our groups.

If you:

• Consider yourself to be a team player that is willing to help others.
    • Have a working headset.
    • Want to run with a mature group of players that understand DDO is just a game.
    • Want to put more focus on the fun than the grind.

Then Hellstorm might be the right choice for you. Please visit our Hellstorm Website for complete membership details, Frequently Asked Questions and application information.

Thanks for checking us out!

Just a little bump to let others know that we are still recruiting.

We have added several new members recently that were looking for a laid-back, easy going guild and been told that they are so happy to have found the Hellstorm. Numerous members log in to play the game multiple times during the week and some have started static group nights.

If you are looking for a small personal guild where everyone is on a first name basis and always willing to help others, veterans and newcomers alike, you may enjoy being part of the Hellstorm as well! Just go to our website to fill out the questionnaire or look for one of our Recruiting Officers in game to discuss your membership. Characters that can help get you into the Hellstorm include: Dicarus, Kajukenbo, Krugga, Rumpale, Savarrah and Shangeon. The best meeting times are between 7:00 PM and 9:00 EST.
    Last edited by DarkThoughts; 10-28-2014 at 06:01 AM.