Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Clarification On U14 and U15

Heyla and well met!

I was given the impression that Update 14 was meant to be a live beta testing of the Forgotten Realms content. U15 is the same Forgotten Realms content, only it's made available for purchase with Turbine Points in the DDO Store. Hence, Update 15 is really just an update to the DDO Store, because the content is already here. However, from what some people seem to say, it sounds as if U15 will be something completely different, such as an expansion of the current FR pack. I get this impression when I see mention of people seeking to play Update 15 in Lammania, which confuses me, as it's already available for play and review, right now, if you currently have the cash to purchase it. I'm also confused by people being upset at the idea of having Update 15 being released in August, because there are too many bugs that affect gameplay. And yet, since those bugs are already here and affecting gameplay, what's the harm in letting people purchase the pack with Turbine Points? So, I'm hoping for some clarification on what Update 14 and Update 15 are supposed to be.

Thanks!

You are confused. Update 14, previously referred to as the Menace of the Underdark Expansion, introduced the Forgotten Realms setting, Eveningstar Challenge Pack and druid class for VIP's and those who prepurchased the xpack. Also introduced were epic levels, free for everyone and epic destinies, which I'm not sure are free to VIP's or just xpack buyers. Non-VIP's who did not purchase the xpack will be able to buy the individual components (they will be added to the DDO Store) when Update 15 is released (probably later this month).

Update 15 will include... Technically we don't know. There is some speculation, some hints have been dropped but unless you work at Turbine or have been given inside information no one know for certain what U15 will entail.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
    You are confused. Update 14, previously referred to as the Menace of the Underdark Expansion, introduced the Forgotten Realms setting, Eveningstar Challenge Pack and druid class for VIP's and those who prepurchased the xpack. Also introduced were epic levels, free for everyone and epic destinies, which I'm not sure are free to VIP's or just xpack buyers. Non-VIP's who did not purchase the xpack will be able to buy the individual components (they will be added to the DDO Store) when Update 15 is released (probably later this month).

Update 15 will include... Technically we don't know. There is some speculation, some hints have been dropped but unless you work at Turbine or have been given inside information no one know for certain what U15 will entail.
    Well, that's why I asked. ^^ So, Update 15 is actually supposed to be something completely different?

Quote Originally Posted by Rauven View Post

Besides a lot of bug fixes, I don't know anything about content. And I think I heard somewhere that the enhancements are being pushed back while the dev team is working on EDs.
    Officer and Webmaster for Fallen Immortals, a guild of Thelanis.

Toons: Aryllia, Dayanmak, Devhead, Gezgin, Kutsal, Toprak

Community Member

Hm... so, does this mean that, if Turbine actually has to push U15 back to at least September in order to fix the problems caused by the Update 14 content (as some people seem to be campaigning for), does this mean I don't get to purchase the Update 14 content until about the same time? (I currently don't have the free money to spend on video games, and likely won't, for a while, yet, but I had purchased some Turbine Points earlier, this year, which I've saved for the purposes of buying new content.) That would... suck. If Update 15 has to be pushed back, I hope they'll at least just release the Update 14 content for purchase in the store. I'd really like to see what GM of Flowers is all about.

Community Member

Update 15 was at some point supposed to contain an enhancement revamp, along with the missing pres for each class. This has been pushed back due to epic destinies being a complete mess, and is very likely going to be pushed back a few more times when the new enhancements turn out to also be bugged as hell.

Community Member

In Update 15 you will see a new Adventure Pack, slated for around a mid August release.

At the same time, content in Update 14 will become available in the DDO Store for people to purchase.

You may also see the revamped enhancements system, although there are indications that will now appear in Update 16.

The Monster Manual may also become available when Update 15 is released.

I hope that makes it clearer in what is happening. :-)
    Visit the DDO Wiki! Unique items: Quest Rewards - Raid Loot - Chest Loot - Item Sets
    DDO Store List, with references on how you can gain items ingame for free!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMonk2 View Post
    In Update 15 you will see a new Adventure Pack, slated for around a mid August release.

At the same time, content in Update 14 will become available in the DDO Store for people to purchase.

You may also see the revamped enhancements system, although there are indications that will now appear in Update 16.

The Monster Manual may also become available when Update 15 is released.

I hope that makes it clearer in what is happening. :-)
    Oh, thank you! That makes it much, much clearer! I'm sorry to hear that the planned enhancements system has to be pushed back. My husband is looking forward to getting something nice for cleric. But, at least it sounds like they will still at least be letting us purchase the U14 content in August. Thanks, again! Much appreciated!

All I know is that the Menace of the Underdark was a lot more menacing than I was expecting.

Let's just hope there's a bunch of new quests to help the 18-20 grind for TR's now that the Shroud / HoX / Vod / Abbot are no longer usable sources of XP, and grouping with 20's is no longer a good option.
    Give a man a fish, and he demands two more tomorrow.
    Teach a man to fish, and he'll leave to find somebody who'll just give him a fish.
    Beat him unconscious with the fish, and it's comedy.

Things that we know that they have talked about before:

All the remaining Prestige Classes

Revamped enhancement tree system

A second raid in the Forgotten Realms

Monster Manual

Actually, if they managed to get all that released in U15, that would be a pretty large release.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Completionist! || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    Things that we know that they have talked about before:

All the remaining Prestige Classes

Revamped enhancement tree system

A second raid in the Forgotten Realms

Monster Manual

Actually, if they managed to get all that released in U15, that would be a pretty large release.
    I wouldnt expect anything to do with enhancements for now, it would be like throwing petrol on to an already burning fire. The monster manual is currently as of the last "hotfix" live, there is talking of new dungeons and raid in Faerun though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKeeper1981 View Post
    Hm... so, does this mean that, if Turbine actually has to push U15 back to at least September in order to fix the problems caused by the Update 14 content (as some people seem to be campaigning for), does this mean I don't get to purchase the Update 14 content until about the same time? (I currently don't have the free money to spend on video games, and likely won't, for a while, yet, but I had purchased some Turbine Points earlier, this year, which I've saved for the purposes of buying new content.) That would... suck. If Update 15 has to be pushed back, I hope they'll at least just release the Update 14 content for purchase in the store. I'd really like to see what GM of Flowers is all about.
    hmm well the date that has been banded about is August 20th for update 15. Update 15 will include some new quests among other things. I imagine Update 15 will hit lammania next week. The rest of your post does not make alot of sense. You can buy the expansion right now - there is no reason to wait. The expansion has the update 14 content.

Edit: hmm you are talking about being able to buy things individually with points. Yeah I can not answer your question there.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Community Member

Default Those were never XP grind quests

Quote Originally Posted by Entelech View Post
    Let's just hope there's a bunch of new quests to help the 18-20 grind for TR's now that the Shroud / HoX / Vod / Abbot are no longer usable sources of XP, and grouping with 20's is no longer a good option.
    Ok, the raids you list there were really "bonus" xp for a legend build IF you felt like running them. XP per min is nothing to even pick up the pen for, things like HoX and Abbot are notorious for PUG fails, Abbot is notorious for any group fail, etc.

I went through many lives without running these. Sometimes none, sometimes just one shroud for the heck of it because I just finished Vale tour. But, there is much better xp per minute already available.
    RTFM on Khyber

Community Member

Default monster manual vs. PrE

blows my mind that PrE are getting pushed back when things like "monster manual" are getting released.

"monster manual" they could of just put a link to compendium or ddowiki, and had all that development time focused on all the PrE we don't have.................but I'm sure somebody in marketing who has never spoken to a player or read a forum thought a "monster manual" is what players want, not PrE that should have been released years ago for the base classes.d
    RTFM on Khyber

Monster Manual makes money... PrE's don't
    simple answer.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Machination View Post
    blows my mind that PrE are getting pushed back when things like "monster manual" are getting released.

"monster manual" they could of just put a link to compendium or ddowiki, and had all that development time focused on all the PrE we don't have.................but I'm sure somebody in marketing who has never spoken to a player or read a forum thought a "monster manual" is what players want, not PrE that should have been released years ago for the base classes.d
    Pls speak for yourself, I for starters do want it and yes I am playing the game.
    The Monster Manual is more then just a copy of the compendium, it gives all kinds of nice treads for accomplishing different things.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    Monster Manual makes money... PrE's don't
    simple answer.
    Bingo you win a Prize............................................. ............................another bug infested expansion Can Turbine haz more money please???
    Andurhar, Glendarn, Lazurel, Delrak, Gearzgrindin, Wildemage, Fallric, Galankin, Hagglass, Tatiyania, Rildel, Noradin, Valagrim, Heyhay, Wildesorc, Jarvel. ----The Bonefiddlers----

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    The Monster Manual is more then just a copy of the compendium, it gives all kinds of nice treads for accomplishing different things.
    Yep, that 300 XP for 200 killed things is all kinds of nice.
    Con is not a dump stat, but reading comprehension is not a dump skill!

I dont have alts, just mules. Find me as Darivian on Thelanis.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by good_ole_corwin View Post
    Yep, that 300 XP for 200 killed things is all kinds of nice.
    On the other hand, it can be. You are killing the stuff anyway, it's just a little extra freebie. Don't farm it, just go about your business and say hey free xp when you get some. Not everything has to be superfabulous mega-gains to be fun.

The benefit from the MM that most makes me smile is the one where you unlock the ability to see their hp. I've always been curious about the mob-pc hp ratio.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    On the other hand, it can be. You are killing the stuff anyway, it's just a little extra freebie. Don't farm it, just go about your business and say hey free xp when you get some. Not everything has to be superfabulous mega-gains to be fun.
    Doesnt have to be superfabulous mega-gain, but the XP from MM as it is simply irrelevant, might as well not have put it in.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityTurtle View Post
    The benefit from the MM that most makes me smile is the one where you unlock the ability to see their hp. I've always been curious about the mob-pc hp ratio.
    Since you need to kill 80 (unless Im mistaken, cant log in atm. - but even if its 40) different types of the creature, I would not be surprised if that particular thing wouldnt be achievable for at least some of them tbh.
    Con is not a dump stat, but reading comprehension is not a dump skill!

I dont have alts, just mules. Find me as Darivian on Thelanis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast