Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by knockcocker View Post
    10 pots - did this in FotW so at least I had 800hp . Could have been less but I got impatient killing things with
    Ice Storm.
    Ah that's it! Nicely done knockcocker.

There's a big discrepancy between normal spells damage and DI SLAs, you guys cannot deny it. You can oneshot mobs with breath if critical, but if you crit normal spell you just doing the normal damage of the breath. There are some EE trash mobs that you need more than one crit on your fav. chain lightning to bring them down, and crits doesn't happen always.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Default Sorcerer dps and survivality

I cant believe some people are complaining about sorcerer dps at end level, my 28 pt, 2 month played draconic sorcerer with gear mostly from the ah feels overpowered on dps on epic hard ( i beat tr barbs and fighters and even get near kills to necrowizards there), the energy burst + dragon breath + aoe spells + rays + dots ...
    even sometimes i can use fod or wail on epic hard.

Although i almost not play ee, i know that on epic elite you cant istakill most of the mobs with a dps spell but still the dps is there to compete with trs from other classes. (just you cant be "god" there to pull all the aggro and tank there)

Also, sorcerers have lots of buffs like displacement, stone skin, protection from elements, fire shield, self heal; that is just unfair with meeles that just have more hp and some prr and still have to meele there.

i Know lot of sorcerers can tank on epic normal and hard but thats just overpowered (cause they also are the top dps killers there) if someone feels squishy on ee is because he is wrong used to be overpowered on normal and hard feeling that he can do all he things there (pulling, killing, tanking, buffing, cc, etc)

Is completely logic that if you have that ranged damage potential you cant be as hardened as a paladin or a defensive fighter, if you compare a sorcerer with rangers or rogues for example the have lot less buffs to mitigate damage, even less aoe damage potential.
    Last edited by boredman; 10-29-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boredman View Post
    I cant believe some people are complaining about sorcerer dps at end level, my 28 pt, 2 month played draconic sorcerer with gear mostly from the ah feels overpowered on dps on epic hard ( i beat tr barbs and fighters and even get near kills to necrowizards there), the energy burst + dragon breath + aoe spells + rays + dots ...
    even sometimes i can use fod or wail on epic hard.

Although i almost not play ee, i know that on epic elite you cant istakill most of the mobs with a dps spell but still the dps is there to compete with trs from other classes. (just you cant be "god" there to pull all the aggro and tank there)

Also, sorcerers have lots of buffs like displacement, stone skin, protection from elements, fire shield, self heal; that is just unfair with meeles that just have more hp and some prr and still have to meele there.

i Know lot of sorcerers can tank on epic normal and hard but thats just overpowered (cause they also are the top dps killers there) if someone feels squishy on ee is because he is wrong used to be overpowered on normal and hard feeling that he can do all he things there (pulling, killing, tanking, buffing, cc, etc)

Is completely logic that if you have that ranged damage potential you cant be as hardened as a paladin or a defensive fighter, if you compare a sorcerer with rangers or rogues for example the have lot less buffs to mitigate damage, even less aoe damage potential.
    I feel this way as well. A sorc requires virtually no gear to be overpowered. It is true that ee it is a little less outrageous then eh or en where sorcs are kind of gods compared to other classes, but draconic sorcerers are near top of the game on ee. Energy burst, dragon breath, and vortex combined with the sla of sorcs, aoe of sorcs, dots of sorc, surviveability man sorcs are pretty strong. If you read between the lines this is a thread requesting sorcs be gods on ee as well as eh and en. What is just terrible to me is the nerf of Fury of the Wild for archers in light of just how powerful sorcs are haha.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

I understand that sorcerers on epic elite can feel they are doing less damage than meeles (the quests are much longer, mobs have much more hp and saves) but im pretty sure that happens on clasic parties with 3-4 geared dps meeles and just a sorcerer, of course there will be sinergy to meeles, that are a majority, but what happen for example if you play a ee quest with 3-4 top geared sorcerers and 1-2 intimi shield tanks that grab all the aggro while sorcerers kill, im pretty sure the same quest could be completed in less time than the other classic meele party.

Also you can ask what could happen if you play a quest with just a sorcerer, a dps meele and a healer just for heals (and maybe a pally just for damage mitigatiion) and test who is doing more dps, im pretty sure the sorcerer will outperform the meele by a far marging (of course will be hard to survive on ee with just that but can try just a easy part or a long eh quest.

Even if the meeles beat a sorcerer on sustained dps for long quests, no one can deny that sorcerers have a burst dps very useful on bosess fights or hard dense enemies situations (as long as the aggro dps generated there can be managed bu the group), there no one can be close to the sorcerers performance (maybe a manyshot or adrenaline if lucky on a low fort mob situation but the mana bar of a sorcerer lasts longer than that)

finally, we are talking of ranged dps type, thats why we can see videos of sorceres soloing high lvl raids and ee quests (also i have seen rangers doing that and fvs, but a meele ?)
    Last edited by boredman; 10-31-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Smile To be precise one last time.

I think i should update the first post (but i'll probably just ask a Forum Admin to close this soon)

The point is: NEVER confuse the damage of Draconic Incarnation Spell Like abilities with the damage per second a Sorcerer does with his own spells both on burst and sustained modes. You know Sorcerer is a Class, Draconic Incarnation is an Epic Destiny: everyone can be DI, even Wizards (actually an alternance of instant kills + Draconic SLAs is much more effective than Sorcerer DPS + Draconic SLAs on trash mobs), but not everyone can be and want to be a Sorcerer ... All this to say again one last thing: is the "Sorcerer" damage per second which needs a tweak, specifically on the Capstone and on the Max Caster Level thing that doesn't apply to all Sorcerer Spells.

@boredman: I bet people doesn't build good melees where you play. I reccomend you watching this and this. And just to even blow up your post think that a LD Barbarian Human can do more DPS than the person in the first video, but it would be less resistant to damage by a little margin. If you learn how to effectively blitz with LD there's no Sorcerer that can makes up to your DPS, of course you cannot have more than one melee Blitzing at same time else they steal kills each other, but if you manage to talk to your gaming partner you can make some deadly combinations like i do with my guild mates.

OFF-Topic:
    This said i hope everyone is having fun playing, i got some heavy pre-Laurea studies going on and i'm not having that much time to play /sadpanda. Haven't got yet chance to log in for Maabar as well. /Unsubscribed from this thread
    Last edited by Zerkul; 11-01-2012 at 05:26 AM.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Closing at the request of the OP.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789