Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
    Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

Quote Originally Posted by Caprice View Post
    CThru chimed in so I'll snip my commentary.
    No need to snip. You're feedback is always thoughtful and welcome.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Community Member

Default Thank you!

Wow thanks a ton for this feedback guys! when i read unbongwah's reply i liked the fact that the extra feat would mean insightful reflexes, so i have some thinking to do and its a good thing i still have some time for that since me and my brother are still leveling in epic our current life.

@Cthru: With the way Caprice told me i end with all relevant skills but spot at 23, spot gets to 22 which is fine to me, will test later on using your recommendation to see if i can squeeze a few more points.

PS. Thanks for your Count build also, my brother is having a blast with it, very strong build that is allowing us to do stuff we could not do back when we last played.

PSS. @unbongwah Thanks for your Sacred Vanguard builds, it inspired my current one, and im in love with paladin now.
    Server: Thelanis

Characters: Kenen, Keenor.

I am looking at your geat list and i'm slighly confused. Most makes sense, but then you grab 2 constituion 11 items? And why the cloak with combustion etc, does it help with the fire on the repeater? Consuming darkness? Why slot a spot with FF when I can switch it in and control my FF? Any generic seeker ring of something would do just as well right? And the necklace is purely there for evocation focus? The double spellcraft also doesn't make sense to me IMO. Care to elaborate?
    Living in the Twilight, Under the Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Zeronic View Post
    I am looking at your geat list and i'm slighly confused.
    With the way gear is at endgame nowadays, you are bound to have some overlap in attributes. I list everything that an item offers, even if I also get the same from another item, because it makes it easier to see how alternate items will affect the overall gear layout.

you grab 2 constituion 11 items?
    Epic Belt of Thoughtful Remembrance is used for resistance 11 and a bit of dodge (max dex bonus is only 5). Epic Inferno Bracers is used for combustion 144 and spellcraft 20. Fire spell power is for twisted energy burst fire. The fact that con 11 is on both doesn't really matter. I'd choose each of them for their other attributes anyway.

And why the cloak with combustion etc, does it help with the fire on the repeater?
    It does not affect repeater damage at all. Fire spell power and spell crit chance is for twisted energy burst fire. I actually need to change the cloak. I intend to recraft my greensteel boots to include fire lore and use the Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf for exceptional seeker 5. I just haven't gotten around to doing that yet. Given the many awesome items coming with U27, the gear set up will probably have multiple changes anyway.

Consuming darkness? Why slot a spot with FF when I can switch it in and control my FF?
    Consuming Darkness is in the ring swap slot, so you can control your feather fall by simply swapping it out when you don't want it. And having feather fall on something like your seeker item, instead of your con or resistance item, means there is no risk when swapping it out. Slotting feather fall is by no means a necessity, but there are so many slots/attributes on today's endgame gear that you can pretty much slot everything you could possibly want, even stuff that is only the most marginally useful.

Any generic seeker ring of something would do just as well right?
    EE Consuming Darkness offers 12 seeker. I don't know what lootgen caps out at, but I don't think it goes as high as 12. So if you want to maximize your potential, consuming darkness is a solid option.

And the necklace is purely there for evocation focus?
    Correct. The Sage's Locket is the only place outside of a weapon to get evocation focus 5.

The double spellcraft also doesn't make sense to me IMO.
    Again, this is just attribute overlap. The items aren't chosen for how they overlap, but for how they don't overlap. In other words, it's about how the full gear set comes together and provides everything needed.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Ah I see, I thought there was a better way of slotting everything. Guess thats not soo till next update perhaps. So I should drop the combustion cloak if I need to create my GS boots anyways.
    Thanks for the fast reply!

Default U27 Gear Set

Gear Set:
    Weapon: Thunder-Forged Heavy Repeater (1st degree burns/dragon's edge/mortal fear/orange slotted meteoric star ruby/colorless slotted repair15)
    vs fire immune mobs: Thunder-Forged Heavy Repeater (touch of shadows/dragon's edge/mortal fear/orange slotted meteoric star ruby/colorless slotted repair15)
    Rune Arm: Knives Eternal (knife shot/spike guard/2d10 pierce imbue/impulse150/kinetic lore22/spiked - 3.5 pierce damage/yellow slotted disease10/green slotted poison10)
    Armor: Shadowscale docent with shadow guardian upgrade (shadow phase x3/deathblock/ghostly/fort130/DR30 epic/DR60 epic below 75% health/blue slotted arcane spell failure -15%/green slotted max dex2)
    Goggles: EH Intricate Field Optics (int3/spot20/TS/green slotted wizardry10/colorless slotted globe of true imperial blood)
    Helm: Sightless (true seeing/deathblock7/ranged power6/melee power6/PRR35/MRR35/con12/green slotted greater evocation focus/blue slotted good luck2)
    Neck: Sage's Locket (evocation focus5/spellcraft15)
    Trinket: Epic Litany of the Dead (turn the page/profane abilities2/attack4/damage4/light of dawn/yellow slotted draconic soul gem/green slotted cha2)
    Cloak: Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf (exc seeker5/diversion20/dodge8/attack4)
    Belt: Belt of Braided Beards (teleport/int12/spell resistance35/lesser displacement/acid resistance40/cold resistance40/blue slotted vitality/green slotted blindness immunity)
    Ring Swap: EE Consuming Darkness (seeker12/combat mastery5/green slotted feather falling)
    Gloves: Sanctified Gages gloves (UMD5/2d6 light damage/deadly11/greater dispelling guard/yellow slotted fear immunity/green slotted str6)
    Boots: Epic Boots of the Innocent (resistance11/speed15/vertigo12/stunning12/shatter12/GH/blue or yellow slotted wis2/green slotted wis8)
    Ring: Strange Tidings (dex12/deception/sneak attack to hit8/sneak attack damage16/UMD7/diversion20/green slotted sonic resistance40/blue slotted cha8)
    Bracers: Dissolution (corrosion156/acid lore20/acid absorption30/conjuration focus5/blue slotted HP40/green slotted con2)
    Quiver: Epic Quiver of Alacrity (concentration -50/speed15/ranged and spell threat -15%/insightful sneak4/doubleshot8)

The most obvious change was swapping the Epic Inferno Bracers for Dissolution and switching from energy burst fire to acid. It's convenient that this is all that's really needed to adapt to the new content. Beyond that, however, Sightless is a great helm but that required me to fit int somewhere else. That led me to the Belt of Braided Beards but then I had to put resistance elsewhere. I figured the Epic Boots of the Innocent is a good option as this build has plenty of HP so I don't mind dropping the GS item, plus the belt has concealment 25. Switching from fire to acid also means I have no use for the Epic Cloak of Flames, so I swapped that with the Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf. Strange Tidings offers more dps than the Avithoul Seal and this build is not heavily dependent on sneak attack so I don't mind dropping from improved deception to regular deception.

Any feedback or alternative suggestions are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    Gear Set:
    Weapon: Thunder-Forged Heavy Repeater (1st degree burns/dragon's edge/mortal fear/orange slotted meteoric star ruby/colorless slotted repair15)
    vs fire immune mobs: Thunder-Forged Heavy Repeater (touch of shadows/dragon's edge/mortal fear/orange slotted meteoric star ruby/colorless slotted repair15)
    Rune Arm: Knives Eternal (knife shot/spike guard/2d10 pierce imbue/impulse150/kinetic lore22/spiked - 3.5 pierce damage/yellow slotted disease10/green slotted poison10)
    Armor: Shadowscale docent with shadow guardian upgrade (shadow phase x3/deathblock/ghostly/fort130/DR30 epic/DR60 epic below 75% health/blue slotted arcane spell failure -15%/green slotted max dex2)
    Goggles: EH Intricate Field Optics (int3/spot20/TS/green slotted wizardry10/colorless slotted globe of true imperial blood)
    Helm: Sightless (true seeing/deathblock7/ranged power6/melee power6/PRR35/MRR35/con12/green slotted greater evocation focus/blue slotted good luck2)
    Neck: Sage's Locket (evocation focus5/spellcraft15)
    Trinket: Epic Litany of the Dead (turn the page/profane abilities2/attack4/damage4/light of dawn/yellow slotted draconic soul gem/green slotted cha2)
    Cloak: Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf (exc seeker5/diversion20/dodge8/attack4)
    Belt: Belt of Braided Beards (teleport/int12/spell resistance35/lesser displacement/acid resistance40/cold resistance40/blue slotted vitality/green slotted blindness immunity)
    Ring Swap: EE Consuming Darkness (seeker12/combat mastery5/green slotted feather falling)
    Gloves: Sanctified Gages gloves (UMD5/2d6 light damage/deadly11/greater dispelling guard/yellow slotted fear immunity/green slotted str6)
    Boots: Epic Boots of the Innocent (resistance11/speed15/vertigo12/stunning12/shatter12/GH/blue or yellow slotted wis2/green slotted wis8)
    Ring: Strange Tidings (dex12/deception/sneak attack to hit8/sneak attack damage16/UMD7/diversion20/green slotted sonic resistance40/blue slotted cha8)
    Bracers: Dissolution (corrosion156/acid lore20/acid absorption30/conjuration focus5/blue slotted HP40/green slotted con2)
    Quiver: Epic Quiver of Alacrity (concentration -50/speed15/ranged and spell threat -15%/insightful sneak4/doubleshot8)

The most obvious change was swapping the Epic Inferno Bracers for Dissolution and switching from energy burst fire to acid. It's convenient that this is all that's really needed to adapt to the new content. Beyond that, however, Sightless is a great helm but that required me to fit int somewhere else. That led me to the Belt of Braided Beards but then I had to put resistance elsewhere. I figured the Epic Boots of the Innocent is a good option as this build has plenty of HP so I don't mind dropping the GS item, plus the belt has concealment 25. Switching from fire to acid also means I have no use for the Epic Cloak of Flames, so I swapped that with the Adamantine Cloak of the Wolf. Strange Tidings offers more dps than the Avithoul Seal and this build is not heavily dependent on sneak attack so I don't mind dropping from improved deception to regular deception.

Any feedback or alternative suggestions are welcome.

Bugging you again, this time with augments. Why the arcane spell failure on the shadowscale. As far as I can see I have no chance at failure, even with adamantine body. For the same piece, max dex bonus. Is the AC worth it that much?
    Why not slot a golem's heart in there?

Bugging you again, this time with augments.
    I am always happy to talk builds.

Why the arcane spell failure on the shadowscale. As far as I can see I have no chance at failure, even with adamantine body.
    Arcane spell failure of adamantine body is 35%. Battle engineer cores 3 and 5 reduce it by 10% each, bringing it down to 15%. The augment is required to reduce it down to 0%. Arcane spell failure only affects arcane scrolls, but slots are plentiful and are already being used for nonessentials, so why not? I'd rather have the certainty that my scrolls will go off in mid combat or not have to deal with the annoyance of repeated attempts while buffing out of combat.

For the same piece, max dex bonus. Is the AC worth it that much?
    AC is worthless at endgame, and for a long time before endgame for that matter. Max dex bonus also determines how much dodge you can get. Max dex bonus of adamantine body is 1. The fencing master ship buff increases max dex bonus by 2 and the armored agility augment increases it by another 2. So although I can only get 5% dodge on this build, that extra 2% dodge from the augment is well worth a slot imo because, again, slots are plentiful.

Why not slot a golem's heart in there?
    Thanks for mentioning this. I should include a golem's heart in there somewhere. On the EE Consuming Darkness instead of feather falling is probably the best place. On that note, I should probably also put a crushing wave guard augment on the Epic Litany instead of insightful cha 2 because UMD is already high enough on this build.
    Last edited by CThruTheEgo; 08-10-2015 at 05:42 AM.

Default Updated for U27

OP fully updated for U27. I realized dropping the GS boots meant losing a bit of spell power (int skills) as well as 150 sp. So I decided to keep those instead of the Epic Boots of the Innocent. That required me to slot resistance 8. Saves are already too low on this build anyway, so lowering them a bit further won't really make a difference. This also means I don't have room for the golem's heart or crushing wave guard. Not a big loss.

I'm left with an odd con and I could pull points from either harper or arcanotechnician to take WF con, but survivability is already solid on the build and hp is high enough that I'd rather keep those points focused on damage.

I don't see it anywhere in this thread. But do you make use of epic past life stances a lot? Double shot? rainbow etc etc?

I don't see it anywhere in this thread. But do you make use of epic past life stances a lot? Double shot? rainbow etc etc?
    I haven't TR'ed this character since MotU and have never ETR'ed him, so no past life stances for me. I have little time to play anymore so grinding out past lives is not really an option for me.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617