Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Cannith Crafting Planner - iPhone and Android Version

Link to App in Google Play Store
    Link to App in iTunes App Store
    Pro version available for iOS (removes ad banners and allows 'over the air' recipe updates)
    Pro version available for Android (removes ad banners and allows 'over the air' recipe updates)

These are both still "in the works" as it were, but I'm going to show what I have so far in order to garner any suggestions, ideas, comments, etc early on in the process. They are both "fully functional" there are just several tweaks I need to make to them (especially the header bar for the iPhone version).

Keep in mind I'm still learning both of the SDKs, so try to keep the comments and criticisms constructive (also bear in mind I'm a developer and most definitely NOT a designer so any suggestions on look / feel are appreciated).

iPhone Version

Android Version

-JJ
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 11-16-2012 at 11:26 PM.

I like your other stuff and I'm looking forward to getting this on my iPhone.

Suggestions: I'd like a way to switch off the spell power enhancements. On the web version I've got a list of terms that I paste into the exclusion field, but I'd prefer the convinience of a toggle switch and I suspect that other people would too.

I've finished up the crafting tab (added search box filtering and other bells and whistles, screens to come soon™) for the app and am starting on the search tab, but wanted to see if anyone had suggestions for the most important search filters to be included.

Due to space limitations, I'll need to do a subset of the filters I include on the web version of it, and I'm not sure what people find the most useful.

- JJ

Looking in the Play store for the android version and can't find it
    -= Proud member of the MAC guild on Khyber =-
    Aganthor (Completionist (4/13), Human Paladin, L7)
    Alts: Caitlan (Ftr) / Gimlinas (Barb) / Chakmar (Sorc) / Shureyoucan (Monk) / Nessyia (Ranger), Dystran (Cleric), Karkwa (Rogue-Acrobat), Mekkanik (WF FvS), etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aganthor View Post
    Looking in the Play store for the android version and can't find it
    It's not out there yet -- once I finish the search tab, I'll be publishing out the Android and iPhone versions together.

-JJ

Default iPad too???

Love your work, and would love it on the iPad as well. I'd pay a few bucks for it in the App Store!
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    Love your work, and would love it on the iPad as well. I'd pay a few bucks for it in the App Store!
    Once I get the search functionality finalized (hopefully this weekend, but it may get delayed a bit due to the 35% exp boost...) I'll create a modified layout for an iPad version of the app.

My intention is for it to be free, but I may end up releasing two versions (with *no* difference in functionality) and have a pay version for people that want to contribute to offsetting the cost of the iOS development licensing. That way it's optional and will work like a "donation" type system but no one is required to pay to make use of the tools. I'm not sure if something like that is allowed within the App Stores or not so I'll have to look into that.

Worst case scenario is that I would add in the little bottom banner ad that a lot of apps use, at least until I recoup the start up costs

-JJ

Lancashire UK - Keeper Refugee, Played since beta

love it!

Any chance of shoe-horning stone of change stuff into it?
    Dex - Leader - THΣ ЏΠΣΔЯТΗΣÐ ΔЯСΔΠΔ
    I don't do serious, it no fun

Quote Originally Posted by Dexol View Post
    love it!

Any chance of shoe-horning stone of change stuff into it?
    I can definitely look into that. I'll probably focus on getting the Cannith stuff working and published and then add in other things in an update to it.

-JJ

Great!

I believe that you should be able to have the free version, with ads and an upgrade, sans ads, for a fee. Considering your dedication to the game, I wouldn't think that leaving the banner ads on the free version would be unreasonable to support future development work.

Thanks, JJ!

Arby
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Wow. This looks awesome! Nice work! Will be terrific for those /tells that come in the middle of boss fights saying, "How much would you charge to craft an XYZ?" Nice work! Looking forward to it for Android for sure.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Going to be creating the search interface tomorrow so if you have any suggestions for things you want on it, now's the time. I've gotten a couple PMs and e-mails with info from people so barring any additional input I'll be going with what they've provided and will put up the screen caps once it's ready.

-JJ

The more filters on the crafting tab the better! Now if you could just get recipes for the U14 effects **wish!** we'd be set!

Thanks for the hard work!!!

Community Member

I'd like to see filters that help a little in designing an item. Like for example I know you *can* but wizardry/power #, as well as stat bonuses, on weapons, but for the most part you wouldn't want to. I've always thought it would be helpful to be able to filter these things out.

I've also thought a filter to hide all "clicky" shards would be really helpful. Personally I just never use them, and they only get made when I'm trying to level(made and then dusted, typically). I'm sure others just love their clickies, but I'm sort of a put it on and forget it sort of player(I dont even typically remember my buffs :P)

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    I'd like to see filters that help a little in designing an item. Like for example I know you *can* but wizardry/power #, as well as stat bonuses, on weapons, but for the most part you wouldn't want to. I've always thought it would be helpful to be able to filter these things out.

I've also thought a filter to hide all "clicky" shards would be really helpful. Personally I just never use them, and they only get made when I'm trying to level(made and then dusted, typically). I'm sure others just love their clickies, but I'm sort of a put it on and forget it sort of player(I dont even typically remember my buffs :P)
    If you can provide me a list of the clicky effects, I can add a custom filter for them like I did the skill shards and caster based shards.

-JJ

*EDIT* First post updated with current images
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 08-22-2012 at 08:28 AM.

(Android User)

Nice... I look forward to checking this out.

T.

*EDIT* First post updated with new images
    Last edited by jjflanigan; 08-21-2012 at 05:34 PM.

To get it to pass acceptance, I'm going to have to tweak the search results page.

Can some people chime in (post, PM or e-mail) which pieces of information you feel are *vital* on the immediate search results page? I'm going to be adding a "Shard Detail" screen, so all of the information will be available, but I need to know what I can trim from the results list display.

Thank you

-JJ

The android and iPhone version will be getting submitted before Friday of this week, so soon™. The iPad version will soon follow.

There will be a free, ad supported, version of them as well as a $0.99 version. The *only* reason I am including ads / pay option is to offset the startup costs around the iOS development. I do very much apologize if this offends anyone and hope that it won't detract from the apps in any way.

-JJ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast