Community Member

Unhappy I am not getting any FEATs, SKILL increases at lvl 3,6,9, 12 etc...HELP

Hello everyone...My druid character is not getting any feat, skill, or stat increases at timed level increases when my character attains new levels. DDO say it is not a known problem...but my character is not getting any!!!!...I am now level 17 with level 1 skills, Stats, and feats...cannot even use a simple weapon without a -4 pen!!!. SO...my question is...anyone else had the same problem?...ever???

Quote Originally Posted by LordMaya View Post
    Hello everyone...My druid character is not getting any feat, skill, or stat increases at timed level increases when my character attains new levels. DDO say it is not a known problem...but my character is not getting any!!!!...I am now level 17 with level 1 skills, Stats, and feats...cannot even use a simple weapon without a -4 pen!!!. SO...my question is...anyone else had the same problem?...ever???
    Do you actually not have skills , feats ,ect or are you just not being offered to choose them?
    My guess it is you are on one of the pregenerated character paths and just are t being offered choices but are getting what you should be from the path.
    Move along , Nothing to see here

what weapon are you trying to use if you dont have prof with it you will get a penalty. Are you doing a custom build or one of the preset paths? weapons arent done with skill points they are done with feats all class get some weapons for free and need to use feats to gain access to others or suffer a penalty.

you get skill points to spend every level how many depends on class and int modifier. general feats you get at levels 1,3,6,9,12,15,18 if your taking a preset path they will be spent for you custom you get to make the choices. I think you must be doing a preset path I cant belive you arent getting any points you must be doing a preset path. If you havent used your free lr use it to relevel your guy yourself.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    Do you actually not have skills , feats ,ect or are you just not being offered to choose them?
    My guess it is you are on one of the pregenerated character paths and just are t being offered choices but are getting what you should be from the path.
    I am guessing also ^^ this ^^

Also as a note, Druids are not proficient with all simple weapons. They are proficient with:

club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, sickle, scimitar, unarmed

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Community Member

Default Thankyou guys

I thought I did custom build my character, because I altered his starting STATS like intll down to 6 etc. But I note when I level it gives the option to stay on my path, or to change path....if I select change path, would I lose my druid skills?...and effectively be a multiclass character??......and secondly, if I change path...can I go back and reset FEATS and SKILL points etc???

Sorry to be a NOOB on this one guys!!!

Community Member

If you have the option to stay on or change your path, you are on a path from character creation.
    The path simply means that the progression is made for you: you still get feats, skill points etc, they are just chosen for you.

If you opt to change your path, you will get to choose feats, skills etc from that point on. You won't get to do it retroactively. You will stay a Druid unless you choose to take levels of a different class.

Check your character sheet. It should tell you what skills and feats the game has chosen for you. The paths don't always make the best choices, which is why after playing a first character a bit, people often choose to create a customised character as their main.

If its beyond salvage but you're really attached to that character, or you have spent 1/account tomes or stones on it, you may be able to lesser reincarnate it. I think that characters might get one free LR to respend ability points, skills and feats since the update. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Have a check to make sure that at least some of your skills are above starting levels. (Of course with an Int of 6, they won't be much above starting levels.) :-)
    If you really haven't gained any feats or skills etc since creation, then its a different problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khatzhas View Post
    ... I think that characters might get one free LR to respend ability points, skills and feats since the update. Can anyone confirm/deny this?...
    I thing that the free LR only works on characters created before xpack. I will check it out in game to be sure.

edit: tested, characters created after xpack don't have that one free LR option.
    Last edited by Algulcz; 08-01-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Algulcz View Post
    I thing that the free LR only works on characters created before xpack. I will check it out in game to be sure.

edit: tested, characters created after xpack don't have that one free LR option.
    Seconded, tested this a few days ago.

There's supposed to be another free LR coming after the enhancement pass around November?

If your not getting feat choices, you prob didn't choose CUSTOM during character creation.
    If you choose one of their premade paths, that is choosen for you.
    Halloween is dead on DDO.
    Kobalds stole it

Quote Originally Posted by Algulcz View Post
    A dev explicitly stated that the free lr is a new mechanic going forward that works for all characters that exist now and for all characters created in the future, though it's only once per character and not once per life like the free feat respec.

So of course it doesn't work for new characters rolled up after the xpack, because turbine sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx
    Will this be a new DDO mechanic? Each Charecter has a 1 time lesser Reincarnation (like the feat respec tokens except no new one after TR). By this I mean could we allow new players the chance to fix their newb mistakes after learning more of the ropes of DDO? (link)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero
    Right, this is a new mechanic going forward. Newbies rejoice!! (link)

I thought I did custom build my character, because I altered his starting STATS like intll down to 6 etc. But I note when I level it gives the option to stay on my path, or to change path....if I select change path, would I lose my druid skills?...and effectively be a multiclass character??......and secondly, if I change path...can I go back and reset FEATS and SKILL points etc???

I'm guessing this is why you're not getting hardly any skills.
    If you have 6 INT that means you get -2 to your skill points per level up.
    If you are also playing a class that only gets 2 skill points per level up (Fighter/Cleric/Paladin come to mind), think that means you get zero skill points during level up.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Coyle still hates you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talias006 View Post
    I'm guessing this is why you're not getting hardly any skills.
    If you have 6 INT that means you get -2 to your skill points per level up.
    If you are also playing a class that only gets 2 skill points per level up (Fighter/Cleric/Paladin come to mind), think that means you get zero skill points during level up.
    You guessed wrong, no matter what you always get at least 1 skill point per level.
    Con is not a dump stat, but reading comprehension is not a dump skill!

I dont have alts, just mules. Find me as Darivian on Thelanis.

Community Member

Leaving a path only means you will get to chose freely from here on, you will never lose anything doing so, and it is in fact highly advisable, because the preset paths are... well, they absolutely suck for most classes to be honest. Druid at least is a new class, so its paths where not created in 2007 at least, but you would probably do better if you went without it.

There is a build section in the forums where you can look for advice, the threads about druids should be very much alive also.