Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Over Raided / AA solo Epic Hard Plane of Night / Flawless / Potless / blablablaless

I ve been thinking of soloing this raid for quite some time. Yesterday I finally got some people to help me do the pre raid and do a couple test runs to check how my tactics work. This run was actually supposed to be another test run that was meant to measure if my DPS is enough, but everything went smoother than expected and I decided to finish it.

Thanks to Ua (Vanshilar) for coming up with most of the tactics I used. Also Nix (Nix_Vali) for helping me with pre raid (cant solo this one even on normal, no matter how hard i try :P).

Oh and this is actually a flawless - flawless run, not like some of those flawless runs with milion deaths. ^_*

Screenshots:

**NOTE**
    The real completion time should be something around 31 min as it took me some time to buff up, run to first base and start killing. Sadly I didnt take any screenshots at the exact time when the completion window popped. :/

@EDIT:
    I just remembered something thats worth mentioning. I actually took Velah down to almost 50% while using wrong weapon lol. I had my undead beater equipped by misteke (yes i know im dumb lol). xD
    Last edited by Shaatan; 07-30-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Well done! So how did you manage solo'ing the pillars? Or did you get help on that?
    ~Juggles~

Woah dude, max grats! I'm wondering what your build is...considering tring into a monkarcher variant.
    Levistis, Orcys, and Thirzax of the Dragon Blood Cult of Maguuma, GW2.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAlliance View Post
    Well done! So how did you manage solo'ing the pillars? Or did you get help on that?
    It looks like someone named Misadventure helped him out a lot.

Shat you cheater!

Also congrats

I'm guessing manyshot/sprint boost so he can manage two towers from his home base.
    Levistis, Orcys, and Thirzax of the Dragon Blood Cult of Maguuma, GW2.

Gratz, and I'd like to know about the pillars too... Of course I'd also like to try killing her while she flies around as well. Are you willing to share your tactics?
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Inconceivable!

Grats
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Community Member

Grats u nub, glad u got it done !

Also good thing its a flawless - flawless run haha ....not like some other "flawless" run around here.
    ~Nlx~|~Vareesa~|~Vevay~|~Vrac~

Grats shat.

I'm assuming misadventure are the mephits and reavers dying automatically.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Community Member

You have to be REALLY fast for pillars. Also, Djinns teleporting you around are not helping lol.

I'm guessing for the pillars you based yourself at the mephits base (2nd base) and ranged the fire & ice bases pretty much from there after prepping all 3 Djinns.
    Characters: Cardan | Rifte | Feylicia | Warmin | Reimi | Catrini | Deadpugs | Crankthis
    "A" of Team BAS, High scorers at PAX East 2011 | High Score at PAX East 2012
    Raiding for Dummies

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I'm on it. Nerfing the new thing asap.
    Also, nerfing the old thing too, for balance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    nnnnnnnmn....Pie is greater than Cake....nnnnnnnnn
    ^^^^didn't need to hypnotize me to make me say that :P ^^^^^^

Community Member

Hi,

Congratulations on the nice completion.

For some reason, I thought the pillars were immune to piercing damage. Are you moving between them very quickly or ranging with a bow that inflicts blunt or slashing damage?

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    For some reason, I thought the pillars were immune to piercing damage. Are you moving between them very quickly or ranging with a bow that inflicts blunt or slashing damage?

Thanks.
    His undead beater bow that he mentioned, the bow of the silver flame, does blunt damage.

He had it equipped because he would have used it to bypass the pillar DR against pierce. They're not immune to piercing, but it is a rather high DR.

**Edit** It's more likely that he had This Bow
    Last edited by fTdOmen; 07-30-2012 at 09:46 PM.

I'm just wondering how he got his buff bar to align on the right side of his monitor?!?

Oh yeah, grats!
    Persius, Equus, Maeric, Khaaldun, Robotcoupe
    The Exploration Society ~ Thelanis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    His undead beater bow that he mentioned, the bow of the silver flame, does blunt damage.

He had it equipped because he would have used it to bypass the pillar DR against pierce. They're not immune to piercing, but it is a rather high DR.

**Edit** It's more likely that he had This Bow
    Hi,

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it would be either that one or the collapsible shortbow.

I can still remember being in there for the first time, flailing at the pillars with rapiers, and wondering why it was having no effect at all, heh heh.

Does anyone know how much damage is required to break the pillars' DR? I'll have to try the next I'm in there.

Take care.
    Last edited by blerkington; 07-30-2012 at 10:26 PM.
    Astrican on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    I'm just wondering how he got his buff bar to align on the right side of his monitor?!?

Oh yeah, grats!
    He clicked the option for it in the UI menu, like the release notes said when they made that change.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Time Bandit

Grats! Glad you were able to make sense of my suggestions. (Hopefully.)

Yeah after I had soloed it on elite a while back here, going for epic was the next logical step. Unfortunately, as I quickly found out, none of my characters were well-suited for it to say the least, so I sort of just filed away those plans.

When the expansion hit, the original plan was to 2-man it. While re-testing a lot of the raid mechanics to get the details of the "battle plan" to come together though it became pretty obvious that Shat could just do it himself...or at least I got that impression after he ended up soloing the djinn and the pillars and then coming by to res me at my base multiple times during our data-collecting runs. I did end up getting some testing data in those runs though, mostly about how hard the djinn and trash hit and how much damage I could take before I die. Anyway, so we ended up changing the plan somewhat so that he could just solo it. It also helps that I finally learned how to do VoN5 so that we could just shortman it whenever there's a couple of people available, rather than the way that I originally did it, which was to leech off of an existing VoN6 group and go in after they've completed their raid and everyone's recalled out.

Regarding the misadventure kills, yeah I'm guessing that's due to the trash dying when all the bases are done -- I had some in my solo runs as well.

The pillars have to go down within 10 seconds of each other on epic (15 seconds for non-epic last I tested, although that was before the expansion). Once the first one goes down, if there are any still alive after 10 seconds, then all 3 of them will be restored to full health. So for non-epic, it's similar to Shroud part 2: "prep" each of them (take them down to say 10-20% HP), then kill them all as close to the same time as possible. On epic, each base also has a djinni protecting that base's pillar, so you have to kill the djinni to damage that base's pillar. The djinni once killed will respawn after a while.

So the battle plan is to kill a base's djinni, then prep the pillar, then wait for the djinni to respawn and then prep it. Repeat this with the other bases. Then you kill the 3 djinn at nearly the same time, and then the 3 pillars at nearly the same time (i.e. within that 10 seconds after the first one goes down).

Quote Originally Posted by Roland_D'Arabel View Post
    Uh, that's just unchecking Options -> UI Settings -> Justice Effect Icons to Screen Left (a bit more than halfway down that menu).

Was Velah's regen an issue on EH the way it can be in heroic elite?
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Congrats on von6 and thanks vanshilar for your detailed description of the tactics
    Last edited by JustMe_ca; 07-31-2012 at 01:40 AM.
    Shalera Dagen - Triple Completionist life 40 (+ ??? epic) - it is too hard to keep track of the epic lives...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast