Default Expiration date for XP stones

The tool tip on my XP stones states they will expire when update 15 is launched in August 2012.

I had fully intended to use my stone for my third life TR but a combination of laziness and a strange new desire to inflict bodily harm on anyone working for my internet service provider mean I might not get the chance.

I won't let the stones simply expire however. One of my characters *will* get to use one, but I'd really like to know how long I have to finish my TR grind. Because logging to find update 15 has been announced and gone live, and deleted all of my stones before I had a chance to use it on a different one would be irritating.

tl;dr: When is U15 coming out?
    Last edited by Mathermune; 07-30-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    [/post]

There's really no telling at this point.

If Turbine has any shred of dignity or concern for their players' happiness and the integrity of the game, they will wait until at least September to push out U15. U14 is such a mess that they need to spend some serious time sorting out all the bugs.

However, Turbine has not really earned the benefit of the doubt. It is a possibility they will push forward and try to rush out U15 by the end of August. The result of that would be a huge heaping mess, but that's a topic for a different thread. To err on the side of safety, I would aim to use your stone before August 15. At this point, it's probably a safe bet they won't be able to release U15 before then because it's not even on Lammania yet.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    At this point, it's probably a safe bet they won't be able to release U15 before then because it's not even on Lammania yet.
    What'll probably happen is that they'll put U15 on Lammania on August 7th to give us 3 days to look and just to make sure they can even get it running, then shut it down for the weekend, then ignore all the posts that are made about NEW things that are broken, then they'll go ahead and release it on the 15th anyway and let us do beta testing after it's live. Because that methodology is apparently what they've adopted for the new raid, at least...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Any bets on whether or not a similar item will appear in the store in U-15, without the 1 per account limitation? One free one to get you hooked, the rest you pay for, heh.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

Tolero has said when U15 comes out the stones will go away. From the FAQ on the stone:

Share the Stone with your friends and receive an exclusive Snow Panther Cub Creature Companion! Hurry! This promotion ends August 20th!
    So this would lead me to believe that U15 is tentatively scheduled for August 20th.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    Tolero has said when U15 comes out the stones will go away. From the FAQ on the stone:

So this would lead me to believe that U15 is tentatively scheduled for August 20th.
    yes. i had a dev( i think Tolero) answer me about whether the stone npc giver will be gone or the stones as well. he's response was that on the 20th all stones will be deleted from the inventory.( i think u can find the link if you look at my previous posts,im too lazy )
    ^^^^^^^^
    This Side UP

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by masterzzan View Post
    yes. i had a dev( i think Tolero) answer me about whether the stone npc giver will be gone or the stones as well. he's response was that on the 20th all stones will be deleted from the inventory.( i think u can find the link if you look at my previous posts,im too lazy )
    FYI: Tolero is a She.