Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The Shared Bank Destroyed 3 Large Ingredient Bags

Three of my Large Ingedient Bags disappeared while trying to transfer them from the Shared Bank to my character's inventory.

I filed an in-game support ticket #2667544 to report the problem on 07/06/12 and was instructed by a Game Master that I had to remain online and wait for a Senior Game Master to respond. I continued to wait for 4 hours before I had to log out.

Two days later, the Senior Game Master responded with:
    The issue you have described is either not a currently known issue that the In-Game Support team can assist with, or cannot be resolved with the information you have provided. We recommend that you take a moment to submit a formal bug report at this url: http://forums.ddo.com/new_bug.php?. Be sure to fully review the information at the top of the bug report form to understand how bug reports are handled.
    I called Turbine Customer Support at (781) 407-4020 and spoke with Rich. He nformed me that there was nobody I could speak with about the issue and that I had to file a support ticket.

Over the past few weeks, I've filed 2 or 3 support tickets through the website and received absolutely no response.

I had divided my ingredients into 3 basic categories: Shroud, Cannith Crafting and Epics. In my best estimation, the bags that were lost contained the following items:

Large Shroud Bag:
    100+/- Large Devil Scales
    100+/- Large Twisted Shrapnel
    150+/- Large Lengths of Infernal Chain
    150+/- Large Glowing Arrowheads
    175+/- Large Sulfurous Stones
    150+/- Large Gnawed Bones
    25+/- Large Splintered Horns
    250+/- All Medium Ingredients (250+/- for Each)
    250+/- All Small Ingredients (250+/- for Each)
    200+/- Depleted Low, Medium and High Energy Cell Assortment
    50+/- Charged Low Energy Cells
    50+/- Charged Medium Energy Cells
    25+/- Charged High Energy Cells
    15+/- Chipmunk Funk
    15+/- Glistening Pebbles
    15+/- Bitterscrub Fungi
    25+/- Trophies of War

Large Cannith Crafting Bag:
    500+/- All Greater Essences (500+/- for Each)
    2000+/- All Lesser Essences (2000+/- for Each)
    20+/- Shards of Potential +6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 (20+/- for Each)
    15+/- Shards of Potential +11, 12, 13 and 14 (15+/- for Each)
    500+/- All House Cannith Wilderness Ingredients (Assorted pieces)
    1000+/- House Cannith Challenge Rewards (Orthon Plating, Jade Scorpions, etc.)

Epic Ingredients Bag:
    100+/- Epic Tokens
    1000+/- Epic Token Fragments
    30+/- Miscellaneous Epic Scrolls
    25+/- Miscellaneous Epic Shards
    15+/- Miscellaneous Epic Seals

What do I have to do to find proper resolution and have these lost items returned?
    We should take a torch to this place and burn all the Trolls.

Firstly I'm sorry for your loss, this problem has been happening for a long time from what i remember not many people have had this resolved. Now that they are gone i don't think they will get them back for you, i never keep squat in my shared back i can't replace easily. If you drag something to your inventory or vice versa and it doesn't appear right away the trick is to not move and cross your fingers that the system catches up and logs the transfer if you walk away from the bank you will lose it. If this happens i would suggest also checking the vendor buy back tab...good luck with CS as you know by now they are pretty useless most of the time but if you can keep trying over and over and over you never know.

Community Member

ouch, just reading that hurts. I can honestly say that you have far more patience for this game than I do. I would have just quit and uninstalled the game if that happened to me. I doubt you will get much, but you could try sending a PM directly to some of the forum guys, like Tolero or Cordovan, see if they can help you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkThoughts View Post
    Three of my Large Ingedient Bags disappeared while trying to transfer them from the Shared Bank to my character's inventory.

I filed an in-game support ticket #2667544 to report the problem on 07/06/12 and was instructed by a Game Master that I had to remain online and wait for a Senior Game Master to respond. I continued to wait for 4 hours before I had to log out.

Two days later, the Senior Game Master responded with:

I called Turbine Customer Support at (781) 407-4020 and spoke with Rich. He nformed me that there was nobody I could speak with about the issue and that I had to file a support ticket.
    That really sucks.

Sadly, it is quite a well known issue....at least among players.

This may be hard to read, but I would not expect anyone at turbine to help you. Helping you does not pay the electricity bills or stockholders.

I have had a few minor issues with shared bank, they were not helpful at all, and I no longer put bags in it.

Community Member

This has been an issue for years.

Unfortunately the customer rep guy you talked to is right, there is nothing that they will do to restore your bags to you.

It has something to do with them not keeping any records of items, or the lack of access to the character save file from the customer service rep's desk. Not 100% sure on the reason as CR is kind of dodge-y on giving specific reasons why they cannot or will not.

The best thing anyone can do about this is be informed that it is a risk to move ingredient bags in and out of the shared bank. Minimize potential loss by pulling out individual ingredients and then transferring those, or some other means than the shared bank. Also helps to avoid lag o'clock when doing any sort of banking, which if memory serves is around 6-7am EST.

I really am sorry that you lost so much. I can't imagine wanting to continue on this game if that happened to me.

How did you lose THREE bags?

Usually, you lose a bag when you transfer to/from the account bank, and the game hangs for a bit, and then you're not patient and you close the bank interface without letting it finish.

The bank was acting all laggy, and you continued to move bags without checking that the first one made it through?

I'm really surprised you haven't rage-quit either. That much stuff represents a ton of time spent in the game.

I'm pretty paranoid, so I never move bags through the bank... I always just move the ingrediants I may need individually.

I don't think they can return all your Shroud ingrediants or crafting ingrediants or epic scrolls (anything tradeable)... I'm sure they could check a backup of your character (that might require a ton of work though - maybe even having to restore an entire server to a test server) and see that you actually had all that, but they I doubt they log all trades, so they couldn't really return all your tradeable stuff because you could have gave them all away or sold them, and then submitted a "lost" ticket.

All the bound to character or account stuff (like seals and shards) they should be able to check, see that you owned it once, don't own it now, and replace it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

I will try to offer a response to everyone that has replied thus far.

I kept my character waiting in the same place for 2 hours, by the Meridia banker with the shared bank and inventory held open. After 2 hours, I checked the Vendor Buy Back option. After 4 hours, I logged out despite the Game Master telling me I had to stay online and wait for a Senior Game Master but by that point, I was more than a little irritated.

I have contacted Cordovan, Tolero and MadFloyd though PMs. Only Cordovan responded and told me about a kind of lost baggage check that Turbine performs every 3 or 4 weeks. Supposedly, it is used to restore items lost in the bank but I haven't had any returns yet after passing the 3 week mark.

Rage quitting was a real possibility for me. When the bags failed to transfer, I had some choice words and a "somewhat negative" reaction. I told the Officers in my guild that I was taking some time off and used that time to decide whether I wanted to continue playing the game or not. About a week later, I began picking up the pieces.

Now I only put items of minimal value in the bank and keep all my bags on my main character. I've been grinding the hell out of Shroud and Epics since the loss and have slowly began rebuilding my supplies.

How did I lose 3 bags? That is my fault for trusting the Turbine code and not paying attention. I dragged the 3 bags over to inventory just as I had countless times before and didn't notice they weren't appearing until it was too late. Now understand that my shared bank has 30 slots and it was nearly full of random loot that I was planning on deconstructing, along with the bags so as I was moving everything over to my crafter and the bags got lost in the shuffle.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

Inflation control!

I lost a bag with 100 green dragonscales, true story.

I'm really sorry for your loss, that's why I spend my wealth, less to lose that way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Bags are antiquated and buggy. We need a tab on our inventory panel for "ingredients/collectibles" Make it account wide like the pet stable tab (hey, they already have a blank space there for it too!) and all ingredients and collectibles that are bound to account or unbound go into there. You can pull them out into your inventory if you wish for trading purposes (unbound). All toons on the account have immediate access to the materials, thus removing the need to bank bags and squashing this bug for good. BtC stuffs can all go into their respective bags, but as the need to bank those is minimal at best, and never to the shared bank, the bug can all but die. No more transferring bags around. No more "crafting toon" issues. All the stuff is right there. Make the weight 0 for ALL ingredients and collectibles and overloading new level 1 toons shouldn't be an issue.

Use similar tech for quivers, spell components, scrolls, potions, etc. Whatever you want, though in these cases I'd drop the account wide access and make it character only. It opens up a whole whack of new things to sell in the store, removes a massive bug (while hopefully not introducing a new one) and makes inventory management easier. Win/win.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Thumbs down aka free bump

Ouch!
    How to revamp past life reward system <--- working again
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We absolutely planned for Fighter to still have Haste Boost. It's absolutely a bug. Any similar issues that look "wrong" to any player should be bugged.
    Developers should fix this

I'll be the lone dissenter here and call shenanigans.

100+ LDSs? Really? 100. Ok, so the drop rate on large devil scales is maybe 50% per run. *Maybe*. Assuming it's even that good, you'd have to run Shroud 200 times to get 100 LDSs. Shroud is on a 2.5 day timer, so 200 runs would take you 500 days.

While that seems realistically possible, one would have to question the wisdom of someone hoarding enough ingredients to craft about 4 tier III GS items.

But let's assume for a moment that he's correct - let's look at essences. 500+ greater and 2,000 lesser essences. One could acquire this many essences after several TRs, so that's not that outrageous, but I have to question the fact that he's apparently of a crafting level high enough to create +15 shards of potential. Anyone who can create +15 shards (unless he purchased unbound ones from the AH), would not have 500 of every greater essence. They'd be essence poor - unless you have an entire guild constantly supplying you all of their essences, so you can craft stuff for them.

And again 25+ trophies of war. Was there not a single ToD set you could upgrade with those trophies? Not one?

And epic seals/scrolls/shards. Out of all those sets, there wasn't a single epic item you could craft? Not a single item? Why hold onto all that stuff.

That's like keeping winning lottery tickets in your safe at home. It just doesn't make any sense.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post

100+ LDSs? Really? 100. Ok, so the drop rate on large devil scales is maybe 50% per run. *Maybe*. Assuming it's even that good, you'd have to run Shroud 200 times to get 100 LDSs. Shroud is on a 2.5 day timer, so 200 runs would take you 500 days.

While that seems realistically possible, one would have to question the wisdom of someone hoarding enough ingredients to craft about 4 tier III GS items.

But let's assume for a moment that he's correct - let's look at essences. 500+ greater and 2,000 lesser essences. One could acquire this many essences after several TRs, so that's not that outrageous, but I have to question the fact that he's apparently of a crafting level high enough to create +15 shards of potential. Anyone who can create +15 shards (unless he purchased unbound ones from the AH), would not have 500 of every greater essence. They'd be essence poor - unless you have an entire guild constantly supplying you all of their essences, so you can craft stuff for them.

And again 25+ trophies of war. Was there not a single ToD set you could upgrade with those trophies? Not one?

And epic seals/scrolls/shards. Out of all those sets, there wasn't a single epic item you could craft? Not a single item? Why hold onto all that stuff.

That's like keeping winning lottery tickets in your safe at home. It just doesn't make any sense.
    Methinks you are on to something. The tale is in the gear.
    You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

Community Member

I've been playing for 3 years, and my own ingredient bags look similar.

I have less than half of the shroud mats on hand but didn't make any effort to run it on all my characters right off timer. I've got about the same number of greater essences, only from what drops in chests and some deconstruction, and yes I can craft +15 potentials.

This isn't unreasonable for a long time player.
    Last edited by porq; 07-30-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by porq View Post
    I've been playing for 3 years, and my own ingredient bags look similar.

I have less than half of the shroud mats on hand but didn't make any effort to run it on all my characters right off timer. I've got about the same number of greater essences, only from what drops in chests and some deconstruction, and yes I can craft +15 potentials.

This isn't unreasonable for a long time player.
    Yes and it's likely those bags contain the combined ingredients of all that person's characters, those numbers would not be very unreasonable then.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeebaNeighba View Post
    Yes and it's likely those bags contain the combined ingredients of all that person's characters, those numbers would not be very unreasonable then.
    what i don't get is why did he choose to have only (1) person with that much ingredients. something seems fishy.. i mean not even i choose to keep all of my characters loot into one of my main guy's bag..

the # of ingredients does in fact seem fishy... because i remember large bags being bound to character not account..

i don't think it is possible to keep most of that ingredients in a small bag..

truely if you were a a founder then you could have stumbled on a thread where others had there ingredients destroyed in a bank(nonetheless a shared one as well.)

Your story does not seem to add...
    Last edited by scottmike0; 07-30-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: i just remember, trophies ofwar are bound to character.. so no way can that go in a shared bank... FISH Yes.

I did craft a couple of epic items but much of my loss was duplicates that I was holding onto. I have an Epic Jidz Tetka and an Epic Antique Greataxe.

Here are some screenshots from my main character.

This is a collection of his Tower of Despair rings:

That is 6 rings not counting the Nyoko that he wears. Out of all those rings, I never saw the Oremi's ring that I really want for him.

Here is a partial list of his quest completions:

21 Tower of Despair runs, and 111 Shroud Runs. Neither number counts the Trophies of War gathered by my other high level characters, the number of Shrouds they completed or the number of Shrouds that I farmed for ingredients and finished out early.

And here is his crafting information:

I've also received a large amount of crafting essences from friends that don't craft themselves. Instead they give me the essences and I craft whatever they need when they need it.

Now on top of that, I have 5 other characters that are flagged and run Shroud regularly and two more characters that run Tower of Despair regularly.
    Last edited by DarkThoughts; 08-07-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scottmike0 View Post
    what i don't get is why did he choose to have only (1) person with that much ingredients. something seems fishy.. i mean not even i choose to keep all of my characters loot into one of my main guy's bag..

the # of ingredients does in fact seem fishy... because i remember large bags being bound to character not account..

i don't think it is possible to keep most of that ingredients in a small bag..

truely if you were a a founder then you could have stumbled on a thread where others had there ingredients destroyed in a bank(nonetheless a shared one as well.)

Your story does not seem to add...
    I kept my ingredients in the same bag so I knew exactly what I had without having to cycle through all of my characters. When I got ready to run a Shroud, a Tower or Epic run, I moved the bags to the character making the run. When I finished, they would go back in the shared bank.

The Large Ingredient Bags you get from House Twelve favor are Unbound and that is what I use.

And I never claimed to be a Founder. I've only been playing since 2009 but I do play multiple times per week on an almost nightly basis.
    Last edited by DarkThoughts; 07-30-2012 at 10:00 PM.

Community Member

Ouch....im doing exactly the same with my stuff and didnt know there could be a problem. Thanks for the thread and the warning it is for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkThoughts View Post
    I kept my ingredients in the same bag so I knew exactly what I had without having to cycle through all of my characters. When I got ready to run a Shroud, a Tower or Epic run, I moved the bags to the character making the run. When I finished, they would go back in the shared bank.

The Large Ingredient Bags you get from House Twelve favor are Unbound and that is what I use.

And I never claimed to be a Founder. I've only been playing since 2009 but I do play multiple times per week on an almost nightly basis.
    removed because i see that shavarath trophies of war are bound to account now...

Not sure when the change was... but I'm going to guess when i was on break for a month on the game..

but still i don't really see getting 25 trophies before the update, but of course play styles differ
    Last edited by scottmike0; 08-01-2012 at 03:18 AM. Reason: removed most of the pictures due to bags not being that relative anymore

Quote Originally Posted by scottmike0 View Post
    my bad for claiming that, its just i see more founders get upset on forums than regular people anyways

im going to show you a large ingredient bag, and show you that it is bound to character...

because it seems your not getting it, or at least im not.

of which have bound to character
    So it appears you have been just wanting.
    You're clearly the one not getting it. Large bags are unbound. Check the AH. They show as bound if you have bound items in them.

If you're going to accuse people of lying, best get your facts straight first. Otherwise you might be in danger of just coming off like a jerk.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast