Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

I just had this issue for the first time. Had a bag of Cannith crafting materials I collect up from all my toons via shared bank. Nothing remotely as valuable as OP's bazillion-hours-of-play treasures. So, I search for the issue, and wind up here, reading this horror story.

I just logged my toon that lost the bag back on, and noticed that I have in-game mail. Checked the mailbox, and have a message from Lost & Found, and there's my lost bag!

Didn't see if you'd already checked the mailbox in your posts, but I've got my fingers crossed for you.

OurDDO
    Flower Sniffer Extraordinaire
    2014 DDO Players Council

I just lost a medium collectables bag trying to move it from the shared bank into inventory. Didn't seem to be any lag.

One possible difference - the medium red bags are exclusive, whereas the large ing bags aren't. I've previously tried to move a medium red bag into inventory when I was already carrying one; never been an issue, I get the message that I can only carry one at a time and the one I'm trying to pick up goes back into the bank. This time, though, it's gone. Not in inventory, bank or shared bank, not in buyback. Filled out a ticket but based on past experience, I'm not holding my breath (been waiting more than a month for my missing MotU pets). VERY glad I probably didn't have anything TOO valuable in there.

As for the amounts of large ings and such - I don't find that unreasonable in the least. I have around 40 Shav trophies of war and I've only been playing since the end of 2010, and only been VIP for a little over a year. I've upgraded a couple of rings, been too lazy to upgrade the others because my other toons haven't gotten the rings they want yet. I don't craft, so I give my essences to a couple of friends who do - they all keep huge stashes of essences on hand. With around 100 total Shroud completions on all toons combined, I have decent numbers of GS ings even though I've made quite a few items.

Kudos to the OP for not rage quitting. I've felt rather ripped off by Turbine a number of times over the past month or so and it's something I've considered; if I'd lost a stash like that and gotten so little response, I don't know if I'd still be here.
    ~* Even's DDO blog | Players Helping Players | OurDDO main site | OurDDO RSS feed *~

Getting lost, lagging behind, and wiping parties since 2010.

Thelanis:
    Evennote
    | Acanthia | Jalliria | Victaurya
    Discordette | Merenwynne | Chalei | Seregeth
    Rivalel | Thangerie | Winnabette | Chartreusia
    Cannith: Tirae

I wonder why it is SOOOOOOOOO HARD to keep the log of trades - let us say, all the trades performend during the last month. If bank transactions are included as "trade" then it would be just trivial to check if the said player is telling the truth or not, and more than that, to restore it.

I have seen this kind of problem in several low-quality online games, although the solution is well known. I am sure any computer scientist has learned how to perform this kind of database transaction safely (or at least in a safer manner), and I am sure it is possible to have one or two staff members with access to transaction logs without breaking the overall security. This has happened to me in other games multiple times, and only once I have had the proper attention from the staff.

I have waaaaaaaaaay less preciosities but if that would happen to me, I would surely rage quit.

OurDDO
    Flower Sniffer Extraordinaire
    2014 DDO Players Council

Well, here's a shocker. It took a while, but a GM responded to my ticket, was very polite and apologetic, and told me I'd get my bag back via mail within 2-3 hours - and I did, including the contents.

I'm stunned.
    ~* Even's DDO blog | Players Helping Players | OurDDO main site | OurDDO RSS feed *~

Getting lost, lagging behind, and wiping parties since 2010.

Thelanis:
    Evennote
    | Acanthia | Jalliria | Victaurya
    Discordette | Merenwynne | Chalei | Seregeth
    Rivalel | Thangerie | Winnabette | Chartreusia
    Cannith: Tirae

Quote Originally Posted by scottmike0 View Post
    i know that large bags are unbound it appears your not getting the fact that he had stuff that automatically binds to his character in his bag, don't negative rep me for stuff that i know is true from trial and error.
    For the record scottmike0, xveganrox can't possibly have neg repped you, s/he doesn't have the required forum rep to do so, so it was someone else reading your post and deciding it was inappropriate in some way.

As for the missing bags, I didn't realise there was a single bag that could contain more than 1000 lesser ingredients in one go, which one is it? I want one...

Personally I always wait until each item has successfully appeared in the intended area before moving another, that way multiple problems won't happen. I'm curious, whenever I try to move things to/from the shared bank and I do it too fast I get told the bank isn't ready yet, you're saying you moved one bag, waited until the bank allowed you to do the next move and still moved 2 more bags even though the first never arrived?

Weird...
    <------Pay no attention to the join date, played pre-launch in EU & moved to U.S. servers.

I'm really sorry this happened bro. I had the same thing happen (with the same gm response) two days ago. Fortunately, my bag was full of crafting shards. Some of them were quite pricey, like heavy fort, but I didn't lose anything on the same scale as you. Still, it really bummed me out, and Turbine needs to do something about this issue.
    Thelanis: Mithran, Mithrana, Aggrond, Arcanned, Ainadan, and others

Quote Originally Posted by Buggss View Post
    As for the missing bags, I didn't realise there was a single bag that could contain more than 1000 lesser ingredients in one go, which one is it? I want one...

http://ddowiki.com/page/Large_Ingredients_Bag

"Large Ingredient Bags hold 80 stacks of up to 2,500 items each."

If ever you get your bags back please come back here post pictures of them and then proceed to use them to smack around certain people who posted in the thread. I'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayster View Post
    I have waaaaaaaaaay less preciosities but if that would happen to me, I would surely rage quit.
    I came really close to quitting. I took a week off to think about it. But one of the reasons I decided to stay was because I had just made this purchase:

That's one Collector's Edition pre-order for me and one for my wife. I knew that if I quit playing the game, she would too and I wanted to at least get something out of my purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    If ever you get your bags back please come back here post pictures of them and then proceed to use them to smack around certain people who posted in the thread. I'll help.
    LOL! I will definitely be posting screenshots of the bags if they are returned.

As I posted previously, I was contacted by Gazebo from technical support on 08/08 informing me that the ticket was being investigated. On 08/14, I sent a reply to Gazebo asking for any updates on the investigation and never received a response.

Reading that other bags have been returned gives me some hope however and I have went through all of my characters again checking the mail and the Buy Back options but as of this posting, nothing has been "found".
    Last edited by DarkThoughts; 08-21-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    We should take a torch to this place and burn all the Trolls.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkThoughts View Post
    I came really close to quitting. I took a week off to think about it. But one of the reasons I decided to stay was because I had just made this purchase:

That's one Collector's Edition pre-order for me and one for my wife. I knew that if I quit playing the game, she would too and I wanted to at least get something out of my purchase.

LOL! I will definitely be posting screenshots of the bags if they are returned.

As I posted previously, I was contacted by Gazebo from technical support on 08/08 informing me that the ticket was being investigated. On 08/14, I sent a reply to Gazebo asking for any updates on the investigation and never received a response.

Reading that other bags have been returned gives me some hope however and I have went through all of my characters again checking the mail and the Buy Back options but as of this posting, nothing has been "found".

So nothing yet huh? Well other than the PM from Gazebo.... Same old Turbine horrible customer service.

You see I KNOW they can replace them... I also KNOW they can see what's in them. The fact that no action ahs been taken in over a month is really telling that DDO has again left the realm of decent customer service, after having barely stepped into that place at the beggining of the year. Very dissapointing... They KNOW hwat causes this and yet refuse to take steps to solve the issue, they KNOW how to fix it when it does happen, and were, but it seems they've decided that it costs them too much to actually give decent customer service. When it does happen they don't care if they lose a few customers by ignoring them. There's millions more out there...I feel bad for you, and HOPE that at some point Turbine pulls their proverbial head out, but after 6 years of watching this same kind of stuff go on over and over with same indifference from Turbine, I doubt it will ever change.

I didn't bother to pay for the expansion, as I was eary of the poor releasees after so many years here. They simply don't seem to get it.... I'm sorry that you did though.....

Good luck on getting them to do what should've been done within a few days of the bags disappearing....

Community Member

If it's being recovered from a database backup from something of DDO's magnitude, I wouldn't expect a rapid resolution, unfortunately.

My forum's database backups are pushing 10 gigs. It takes half a day just to uncompress and stage that. It's possible that they shard on account and store their backups individually by shard, but I kind of doubt it.

This problem was first reported on 07/06/12. I is now 09/10/12 and I have filed my latest support ticket for September asking for any updates to the investigation.

This problem was first reported on 07/06/12 and I've received one PM response from Gazebo on 08/08/12 letting me know that it was being investigated.

For my October update, I have just submitted a new ticket (10/23/12) asking for any updates at all and would be surprised if I actually got a response.

Sorry to hear this, keep calm and smile on(through gritted teeth.)

November Update:

Community Member

November Update:

Have you tried sending a PM to one of the forum CM's like Tolero or Cordovan?

Community Member

November Update:

Yep, it seems they've decided to not give a cow pie any more......

Welcome to DDO-2013 "Powered by our sucker customers"

Quote Originally Posted by Evennote View Post
    Well, here's a shocker. It took a while, but a GM responded to my ticket, was very polite and apologetic, and told me I'd get my bag back via mail within 2-3 hours - and I did, including the contents.

I'm stunned.
    Why are you stunned?

Any time and every time I have interacted with customer service, I have always been treated well and with respect.

Reading some of the stuff on this forum, people portray customer service as if the are rude, and disrespectful.

it's amazing really......

A few weeks ago, there was one of these bag threads where the guy was ranting and raving about how Turbine screwed him over "intentionally". Only to later admit that he "was clicking stuff as fast as his mouse would allow". he caused his own problem, because it was he who actually messed up.

Occasionally this issue pops up, but it's super rare. So rare that it hasn't made it into the "known issues" list.

And because "some" people have had problems, I go out of my way to take my time and am cautious when I move stuff around in my bank. And amazingly I have never had an issue.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    Have you tried sending a PM to one of the forum CM's like Tolero or Cordovan?
    Yes. I have sent PMs to Cordovan, Tolero and MadFloyd.

Cordovan responded by informing me that Turbine does a baggage check and returns lost items about once a month. That was back around July or August.

I never received a response from Tolero or Madfloyd.

December 2012 Update

I have survived the end of world as predicted by the Mayan calendar.

I've got most of my Christmas shopping done but I still need to pick up a few more items today. I tell myself every year that I won't wait until the last minute but somehow it never seems to work out. It could be worse though. I could be trying to do this on the 24th instead of the 23rd.

My wife prepared me a fantastic birthday dinner with a spiral sliced ham, mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. And today she will be baking a pineapple, cool whip cake.

We're planning on seeing The Hobbit Tuesday.

And I still haven't heard jack from Turbine. *Throws another log on the fire*

Merry Christmas Everyone!
    Last edited by DarkThoughts; 12-23-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast