Default Stuck on Downloading "EN Loading Screen 1"

I've made no major changes. Just powered off the computer, and after powering back on, DDO launcher is stuck. Thanks for any help.

Some things I've tried:

-Launching from Turbine Invoker
    -temporarily disabling my firewall
    -powering off modem/router
    -searching for firmware upgrade
    -changing the proxy settings in the launcher

I've fiddled with everything, and set it back to normal. Nothing.

Oh also, I want to note that something I get stuck at Installing Pre-requisite Software, and not even getting to "EN Loading Screen 1" message.

UPDATE:

Left my launcher on over night, and the next day it finished loading and I was able to log on. Had much longer loading screens than I'm used to, but got in. Not logging out for awhile now =) But when I do, I'll update what happens.

FINAL UPDATE:

Looks like I need to let the launcher run for about 15-20 minutes, then it loads up. Loading screens during the game are much longer now too. /sigh

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

I recall seeing a report or two like this in the past in this forum, but I don't recall the cause or solution....

Well, I think I found the cause. DDO (god knows why) works better with a simpler color scheme going on. So, after switching to basic color, the problem is resolved.

Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyMilk View Post
    Well, I think I found the cause. DDO (god knows why) works better with a simpler color scheme going on. So, after switching to basic color, the problem is resolved.
    That's fascinating. That's a setting in Windows 7, right? (I'm still on XP.) I'll file that one away in my grey matter so in case someone else has this problem I can remember how you "fixed" it..

Thanks...

Great. Just in case it helps, here are step by step instructions if your launcher gets stuck, and simply moving the window doesn't solve the problem.

right-click desktop

click personalize

choose Windows Classic (this is a very simple color scheme that DDO behemoth programming apparently handles more easily)

reset comp if required

GL all

Customer Service Representative Mirthgar's Avatar

Great. Just in case it helps, here are step by step instructions if your launcher gets stuck, and simply moving the window doesn't solve the problem.

right-click desktop

click personalize

choose Windows Classic (this is a very simple color scheme that DDO behemoth programming apparently handles more easily)

reset comp if required

GL all
    I'd be curious of one test, if you go into C:\Program Files\Turbine\Dungeons and Dragons Online (or in "Program Files (x86)" if it's 64bit Windows) and find "Turbinelauncher.exe" and "TurbineInvoker.exe" (they'll be the ones listed as applications and will have the red DDO icon) and right-click on them each in turn choosing "Properties" go under "Compatibility" (tab) and select (just) "Disable Desktop Compositing" does that have any effect on not having to revert to the "Windows Basic" theme?

NOTE: The Customer Support forums are for Player-to-Player help, for official support, please submit a ticket to the appropriate team via the form here.

After contacting support, log into your email webpage to add noreply@turbine.com and accountsupport@turbine.com to their "safe senders" list and your contacts list/address book. Be sure to check Spam/Junk Mail folders as well since most email providers do not let external email programs or cell phones download mail flagged this way.

Thanks Mirthgar, yes, problem came back. I changed Invoker as you said, and I run it as administrator, and everything is smooth. In-game loading times are still longer than before, but the launcher loads quickly.

How VERY interesting it was to find this thread. I have just had this issue out of nowhere. I even reinstalled (twice, the second time after deleting all traces of the original install including the my docs screenshot folder after backing it up first of course), no joy. Missed raid night, grrr...

Anyway, I applied the desktop compositing fix and it seems to have totally fixed the issue. Mirthgar (if you're still here), did you ever get to the bottom of this?

And also - should I be filing a bug report and if so, what information about my system would be useful to include?

Only thing that's changed recently that I can think of is that I put MS Security Essentials on in place of Avast. Didn't affect any other games though. I had reason to check whilst I was reinstalling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge

Default Color Scheme makes no difference

I switched to Basic Color scheme. Made zero difference.

It really can't be the issue, considering the DDO.com website is similarly gimped right now as many are reporting. Surely the DDO.com webpage isn't graphics intensive.