Question Underdark: Day Crystal and Elemental Cave exploration spot

Hi everybody,

I wonder how the regular way is to get the last two exploration points - Day Crystal and Elemental Cave - in the Underdark. From an other older thread it was said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kits View Post
    Day crystal are above elemental cave (up the ramps at the very top), have to have leap/boots to get by the two backwards earth elementals.
    But without leap how you get past those Elementals? I can't believe it is the intention that you need some tricks to go there. Do you have to finish some quests first to unlock this passage or is it just bugged?
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Community Member

Its just bugged

Your best bet is to group with another player that has leap of faith, abundant step, air savant thingy (forget the name), or has boot of propulsion.

let them wing around the elementals, they will then turn on, andcan be killed. That will free up the path to the explorers.

Other than that we can all hope for a bug fix (yea right) on this one ....Soon....

use the rock pile to Jet Boot across the invisible wall that Trubine left in there.
    Characters: Celemia / Tukson / Thau (Broken link) / Atremus

“A pessimist is one who feels bad when he feels good for fear he'll feel worse when he feels better.”

Default *spoiler*

Actually, it's not as hard as you think.

I got over it with Feather Fall and a jump skill of 33.

To the right of the two sleeping elementals, there is a rock at the edge of the path that rises to a point. It's very hard to miss. Take a run at the "point" in the direction of the path lying directly behind the elemental on the right and jump just before you reach the edge. There should be enough room to clear the elemental and still land safely, but be ready to fight immediately because they wake up once you pass them.

IMHO, I don't think it's bugged. The placement of the elementals seems quite certain. I think the developers were hoping players might have a little more ingenuity and persistence.
    "Why is stuff so hard?" - William Murderface

Same thing, you can just jump with feather fall on the left one and glide behind him, just need to do it reaaly close to him.

Community Member

I was also able to jump+featherfall behind them by positioning myself carefully on the adjacent rocks.

Leap or propulsion boots not needed.

Community Member

It's hard to believe this is WAI. I wondered if it's a zone change line in such a large area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Rage is misbehaving on multiple levels atm and it is taking longer to sort it all out than anticipated. In the meantime please continue to report rage anomalies so we can make sure they are in the list. There are definitely some game behaviors that you should be able to do no matter how mad you are.

Thanks for the feedback so far. Anyway as it seems there is no other trigger I bug report them as while it is nice if a players has "...little more ingenuity and persistence..." it shouldn't be necessary in my oppinion as there is probably a vast population that don't really like the mario-bro parts in DDO
    * We have collectable bags, hell even hireling folders, but can I have that 6-pack for my potions please?
    * Having already a past life on the dieng EU servers, I rerolled here and started from scratch as I like the game and the community, so lets see what awaits me here

Yeah, when I first encountered this, it was before I had done all the quests that led to the raid... since I didn't know where the Raid entry point was, I figured that maybe these elementals were blocking the way to the raid and would later activate once I flagged for it correctly.

never thought about trying to jump around them. I saw the "lighted cave" up there and figured it was just the raid entrance.

Of course, I know better now, but this part is just dumb as it is.

Of course, now that I've run the raid, I've learned there are dumber things than this.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusPossum View Post
    Actually, it's not as hard as you think.

I got over it with Feather Fall and a jump skill of 33.

To the right of the two sleeping elementals, there is a rock at the edge of the path that rises to a point. It's very hard to miss. Take a run at the "point" in the direction of the path lying directly behind the elemental on the right and jump just before you reach the edge. There should be enough room to clear the elemental and still land safely, but be ready to fight immediately because they wake up once you pass them.

IMHO, I don't think it's bugged. The placement of the elementals seems quite certain. I think the developers were hoping players might have a little more ingenuity and persistence.
    With a higher jump skill (I did it on my barbarian) you can just jump from infront of the elmentals, curve around them, and land on the bridge to activate them.

Personally I think it is bugged. They are utterly blocking the path, there is an invisible wall with them. He'll they'd stop a Balrog from crossing in its current state. You should not have to pull off such a stunt to activate them. That is just very bad design.

Also a guildie apparently took out the elmentals using spells without activating them/setup. The invisible wall was still up. That is all the evidence I need to say it is bugged.