Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cereals_Alt View Post
    Does anyone remember when The Titan raid first came out ? If I recall it took over a year to get it fixed.
    the titan wasnt broken. and no it didnt take a year for it to get changed.. It was maybe 3 months. The problem in Titan was the tolerances for success were so incredibly tight that failure was pretty much guaranteed.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Scholar of Treasure Dragon.Star's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    the titan wasnt broken. and no it didnt take a year for it to get changed.. It was maybe 3 months. The problem in Titan was the tolerances for success were so incredibly tight that failure was pretty much guaranteed.
    I miss those days, when it took a while to actually beat the new raid instead of this 1 day **** we have now
    Guild: Ghallanda Rerolled
    Artamax - Cleandeath - Cleanup - Dragonbound - Draykon - Gully - Magestic - Tinbucket
    DDO Character Planner (Stable: Version 04.20.02) , Version 04.23.1 - Planner 5.0 Interface Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Cereals_Alt View Post
    Does anyone remember when The Titan raid first came out ? If I recall it took over a year to get it fixed.
    I still remember when the first global completion was due to some clever (not really) use of Grease. That was it. But it was a horrible mess while everyone was trying to figure it out before someone decided to throw the party buff out.

Then again, there was also the Abbot raid. Among other things.
    Science may be theory, but stupidity is proven.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    I agree that the customer service is the worst in the MMO Industry and whats worse is they refuse to recognize that people are getting angry and cancelling VIP subscriptions. I love the game, but I am not spending anymore money on a sinking ship.
    unfortunatly is not just vip's cancelling subs i know of 2 long time vets ) ran raid once, quit game and no i dont acualy believe they will be back

and thats just endgame players and friends i know on argo

i am sure there are a lot more especualy with GW2 coming out ( i know we heard this about swtor and D3) but can garauntee for every 4 that leave only 2 will come back

you can bet your bottom doller the only reason they come back is because they already own all the content they are gonna run and its free

but with the bugs still moanting and the total mess of the "capstone raid" how many more are gonna leave?
    Main:- Clerivast - 2nd life - 22 cleric, alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 25 monk.
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post
    I miss those days, when it took a while to actually beat the new raid instead of this 1 day **** we have now
    Me too! What challenge is there in something we can beat on day one? As far as I am concerned, same goes for epic elite difficulty. As soon as I saw people completing them on day one at level 20 with no epic destiny abilities unlocked yet, I knew it was too easy.

Remember when the one guild finally beat Titan months later? They got put on the main DDO webpage and everything. It was an actual accomplishment. I wish there was something even close I could try and work towards.
    Shmuel Xadin Xadins Errand Mohnster Yitzhak

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    Me too! What challenge is there in something we can beat on day one? As far as I am concerned, same goes for epic elite difficulty. As soon as I saw people completing them on day one at level 20 with no epic destiny abilities unlocked yet, I knew it was too easy.

Remember when the one guild finally beat Titan months later? They got put on the main DDO webpage and everything. It was an actual accomplishment. I wish there was something even close I could try and work towards.
    brace yourself for the barrage of "why dont you join a permadeth guild then."

its kind of ridiculous that players have to invent challenges for themselves within the game because the devs dont provide us with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon.Star View Post

yup.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    "I like pie. Pie is delicious." "You know, cake is better", and a sudden nerf gun war breaks out because Pie is supreme. Then someone says, "What about dinner?"

I've given up on playing CitW for a while now and haven't seen many posts on bugs lately. Is the raid working better now? I've had bugs since the latest patch so I doubt anything has changed yet, but still hoping...

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    I've given up on playing CitW for a while now and haven't seen many posts on bugs lately. Is the raid working better now? I've had bugs since the latest patch so I doubt anything has changed yet, but still hoping...
    Done 5 runs now and no bugs. As long as you go with the belief that the possibility of no named items as well as a lack of commendations is not a bug (this happened once).

I understand that each server needs to work through the best way to complete the raid, just as has been done for the other raids. I just wish we could get definitive answers as to how to handle the portal keepers at the end. There are still those that want to keep them all alive, others keep 3 alive, wiki says only one needs to be kept alive, etc. I think the portal keepers have been handled 5 different ways in my 5 runs.

And there are still those that believe that you lose chests if you call a shrine. There is the possibility of losing ONE.
    Dec 21, 2011: Regarding signature errors like the one to the left:
    Quote Originally Posted by droipamine View Post
    I imagine we'll be looking at this very soon.

If you're in a situation where the keepers are all gone, but the barrier is still up, check the altar. One might have fallen off and teleported there, just like a player. The recommendation to bring them to the barrier before killing them all together is a good one, it prevents them from infecting others so far away you don't even see them on the mini-map.

These issues are addressed in the fixes that go out with the update 15.
    From dev meeting: "It's fun to fail!"
    "Grouping in MMOs is 1d6 players pretending to like each other long enough to start drama over loot."
    "There is a way to implement it but it’s got so many red flags it’s like communism."
    "That tears it. I need to get a donkey."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    If you're in a situation where the keepers are all gone, but the barrier is still up, check the altar. One might have fallen off and teleported there, just like a player. The recommendation to bring them to the barrier before killing them all together is a good one, it prevents them from infecting others so far away you don't even see them on the mini-map.

Very nice to hear.

is the hand being removed or are you afraid Lolth might quit the game and start drumming for Def Leopard?
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

The hand stays, but doesn't stick around as long.
    From dev meeting: "It's fun to fail!"
    "Grouping in MMOs is 1d6 players pretending to like each other long enough to start drama over loot."
    "There is a way to implement it but it’s got so many red flags it’s like communism."
    "That tears it. I need to get a donkey."

i actually like the hand idea. I just hope that it wont remove a player from the raid whoever is kiting it. its not fun for that person since we already have a babysitter for ana. give us the ability to hurt her hand to remove it temporary. i think that would make people happy.

Thanks, Flimsy. I know that's what folks on the runs I've been on at least have wanted all along. It's a neat (and terrifying!) mechanic. And like all neat and terrifying things, it works best in moderation. Kudos
    Raever of Madness * Stormraver * Fireraver * Dreamraver * Skyraver * Solraver * Technoraver * Raverlution * Foraver
    Ghallanda ReRolled
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Turning Ghostbane into a meme is, in my book, the best thing to happen to DDO in awhile.

Community Member

I could live with that, thank you.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Community Member

Out of curiosity, because I haven't gotten a chance to flag yet for the raid, when the hand knocks somebody off does it do a 'flicking a bug' animation?

I suspect not, as the game lacks many 'fun' animations (like proper vorpal animations ), but I thought I would ask...

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Along with increasing the named loot drop rate goes without saying I presume.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

Sounds pretty annoying potentially.. Will have to try it out in practice. I have this vision that the hand fights the party for 30 seconds and then teleports away and then come back ever 2-3 minutes for another 30 seconds. Will see how it plays out.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade66 View Post
    Along with increasing the named loot drop rate goes without saying I presume.
    In the last week my guild on Khyber ran the raid on normal 7 times and hard 2 times. On the 7 normal runs 2 named loot dropped total. On one hard run we recieved no raid loot and the other hard run 3 raid items. For 9 total raids 5 named loot. Pretty terrible drop rates. Note: on all 9 raids we got 6 chests each time and we had full 12 person raid parties.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    In the last week my guild on Khyber ran the raid on normal 7 times and hard 2 times. On the 7 normal runs 2 named loot dropped total. On one hard run we recieved no raid loot and the other hard run 3 raid items. For 9 total raids 5 named loot. Pretty terrible drop rates. Note: on all 9 raids we got 6 chests each time and we had full 12 person raid parties.
    Call me supersticous but I am beginning to feel am bad luck ... or my luck be rubbin' off on the rest of ya.
    A Baker's dozen in the Prophets of the New Republic and Fallen Heroes.
    Abaigeal(TrBd25), Ailiae(TrDrd2), Ambyre(Rgr25), Amilia(Pl20), Einin(TrRgr25), Emili(TrFgt25), Heathier(TrClc22), Kynah(TrMnk25), Meallach(Brb25), Misbehaven(TrArt22), Myara(Rog22), Rosewood(TrBd25) and Sgail(TrWiz20) little somethings with flavour 'n favour

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast