Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default System Critical: Fix the Raid, Fix Customer Service

I've tried the raid twice. Bugged out twice. Wasted about 6 hours doing the raid and waiting for help ticket responses. Paid money for the privilege. First time, help ticket system down. Second time, today, I politely express dismay at having spent 4 hours in the raid and getting a "Sorry no know issues with the portal keepers" tell. The response (paraphrased) is "so sorry cant help you. If you have no further issues, good day." Then immediately sends a tell saying the ticket is closed.

So I tell the GM I was in a raid for 4 hours playing the raid waiting for GM response and you close out conversation immediately on me? You tell me there's no known portal keeper issue, but it says you fixed a portal keeper issue in the U14.2 release notes? Sorry, but this raid has been open for like 2 days in a month, the burden of proof is on Turbine at this point, in my opinion.

Show me that either the raid or customer service I paid for is working. I'll accept one down at a time, but not both.

Community Member

portal keepers must all be dead at once for door to open (shroud part2 mechanic) prep and kill all at once.

I don't recall sitting in Shoud Phase II for hours in completely dead map. Don't the phase II enemies re-spawn over and over so you can win? How exactly is Caught in the Web supposed to work (as intended)?

And I think we did kill them all in the same place. We had a big mash-up and killed them all and they did not re-spawn. Then we killed Lolth and one keepr re-spawned. After killing it, no objective completion AND no further re-spawn. That's a bug, as far as I can tell.

Community Member

I posted a similar thread

Quote Originally Posted by Opensezame View Post
    Well done turbine, yet again the raid bugs out at the end and an hour of waiting for a party members ticket to be answered.
    Around 6 hours of time wasted if you include the last time I ran, not one ounce of compensation... I mean it costs you nothing at all to click a button and make the raid complete. I pay a subscription for a "customer service" I don't even receive.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive fan of the game and have been playing from launch, but you loose the confidence in your players if you repeatedly play ignorant when things like this happen and don't help the players out the problem has already happened to instead of just saying somthing along the lines of "you'll have to run it again, but don't do x/y/z or it won't work".

How is that fair when people have spent REAL money on resources the first time round? Now I don't want some diplomatic response to this that just says we are working on the issue etc etc... I want somthing for the 6 hours I have already spent in that raid and not been able to complete because of you!

I'm thinking along the lines of flagging everyone's 20th completion to get a choice of a reward... You can do it, with a few keys on the keyboard.

You owe it to the players, and it would sure make us feel like you give a monkeys when things like this happen.
    Doubt its been read my anyone that will give a ****...

Community Member

do what i did - cancel your subscription. now dont get me wrong - i love DDO too. but im just not going to pay for all these bugs anymore. maybe once they step up their game, ile start paying them again.

This raid needs to be shut down immediately.

Have encountered the same bug. 3 other groups have encountered the problem as well. This raid takes around an hour to get to the end and then the door won't come down.

This was reported 2 weeks ago when the raid was taken down.

The raid is a broken mess.
    Server: Orien
    Guild: Over Raided
    Toons: Phasma - Swashbuckler ; Ceroni - Acrobat ; Selina Air Savant ; Cachin - Artificer

Community Member

Post patch yesterday -

Killing portal keepers is similar to the shroud (try and make sure they die, around the same time)- and you literally get a few seconds to pass through the magic barrier.

However Ana seems to be the problem -
    Attempts:

Try 1. NPC Ana falls off the platforms that make up the Demon web, fairly near start - all recall /rebuff and go again. (A ticket was put in, but as seems to have happened to me more than once - the GM inquires how things are going after we waited, quit quest and restarted)

Try 2. We fight our way through to what looks like the end, we figure out how to get through a magic barrier to a portal. Feeling pretty good, but Ana has other plans, and decided she would emulate an old 1990s game called "Lemmings" by falling platform again. 2 hours since start of quest - and we still haven't heard from a GM - and we have several tickets in. We decide to call it a night.

I would just like thank the group for trying. One party member said they had completed with an alt, but for us, it just seemed too bugged.

I am disappointed for group, angry at for paying money for this.
    But let this be a warning to others - it may not work for you.

Irone (Rant mode off :x )
    Irone

Community Member

Devs in this game are useless
    Last edited by Sarnind; 07-27-2012 at 04:32 AM.
    Uriziem Completionist done, past life 28/30
    solo ADQ2 EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414558
    solo FoT EE http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=414946
    Waiting better and harder end game(or neverwinter online)

Quote Originally Posted by Irone View Post
    Post patch yesterday -

Killing portal keepers is similar to the shroud (try and make sure they die, around the same time)- and you literally get a few seconds to pass through the magic barrier.

However Ana seems to be the problem -
    Attempts:

Try 1. NPC Ana falls off the platforms that make up the Demon web, fairly near start - all recall /rebuff and go again. (A ticket was put in, but as seems to have happened to me more than once - the GM inquires how things are going after we waited, quit quest and restarted)

Try 2. We fight our way through to what looks like the end, we figure out how to get through a magic barrier to a portal. Feeling pretty good, but Ana has other plans, and decided she would emulate an old 1990s game called "Lemmings" by falling platform again. 2 hours since start of quest - and we still haven't heard from a GM - and we have several tickets in. We decide to call it a night.

I would just like thank the group for trying. One party member said they had completed with an alt, but for us, it just seemed too bugged.

I am disappointed for group, angry at for paying money for this.
    But let this be a warning to others - it may not work for you.

Irone (Rant mode off :x )
    I was there on Jaraheir. GM finally turned up and said "I can't find Ana and therefore can't teleport her for you. Is there anything else before I close the ticket?"

"angry at for paying money for this."
    Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

GMs are useless, what's new?

People complained up a stormabout it not making sense that shroud blades are tougher than the boss itself, and here we are in a raid where falling is the worst danger. To top that off party members must lead an NPC controlled by this games AI through said maze. Whats stopping the AI, which is known for being kited through persistent AOE as mobs, stands in the middle of traps as hirelings, and breaks exploding barrels as pets, from jumping off the side and messing the raid up?

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    I was there on Jaraheir. GM finally turned up and said "I can't find Ana and therefore can't teleport her for you. Is there anything else before I close the ticket?"
    Suicide hotline didnt get there in time, she already jumped.
    Last edited by Chai; 07-27-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Darquain View Post
    sorry but this is suposed to be the top flagship raid of the most hyped expansion for a long time and since go live date (june) and 2 patches, so roughly 6 weeks the raid has been open for 4 days and is still broken

comon turbine you the laughing stock and gm's hiding when someone puts a ticket in isnt helping matters at all
    1 hour 30 mins + for a gm response at roughly 2pm eastern is a joke, even more so when you get the usual canned responce
    Main:- Clerivast - 3rd life - 30 Cleric, Alt:- Aobhiel - 3rd life - 30, 12 Monk , 6 Ranger, 2 Fighter
    Alt:- Vastano 3rd life 30 Monk
    Member of Imperial Assassins of Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    "Sorry no know issues with the portal keepers" tell.
    *giggles*

Really? They said that?

Even the people that have never run the raid before know more about this than the GM's. Heck, people that don't even read the forums hear about this from word of mouth in game. It's pretty apparent that the people who are supposed to be helping are clueless when it comes to current issues.

That's classic!
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

i think i am very lucky but so far have done this raid 4 times and basically only had one where it took us a bit to get all the keepers done. I was told by a guildie make sure to keep ana up top and out of the battle or she glitches everything so we did that. On the first run we had alot of portal keepers and they kept respawning and we had to run around to find an extra one that ran away to get it to open but when that happened we noticed that every time you kill a portal keeper anything not a portal keeper can or does become one so you can get like an endless number and that may increase the chance of things being a pain.

We had no issues the other 3 as we did two things:
    1: ana at top of stairs, also poped a shrine up there.
    2: kill all the trash before keepers and send a wiz to bottom of ramp to make sure no more trash comes up.

In the last 3 runs it went well when that was followed.

Not sure about killing them the same time as we did not at all. We just killed all the trash so that no other keepers could appear. Think of it more like the priestess, when they get low they feed off something while it appears the keepers trasfer their souls to others who are healthy.

As per customer service i agree it is difficult to get answers to problems but I do find for me i get resolutions for issues.

I was in inferno of the damned and the acolyte would not spawn. He was just praying at the altar with me stanging on top of the altar. The gm came into quest even and still could not do the spawn so had an extra acoltye appear and when i killed him i went to the otehr dimension. He said it was a known bug. I have never found that bug listed but i guess they ahve lots of known ones we may not know of. So I find the gm do not always communicate clearly but they do try to resolve the issue if they can but there are many that they cannot like the portal keepers in this raid seems to be a tricky one for them.

So maybe it is how it is done or maybe it is just that a certain percent of keepers will bug so the more you get more chance you have of it bugging.

I wonder at what point it will be cheaper for Turbine to just redo this raid rather than have every GM/Dev/Customer Service constantly working around all the bugs in this for everyone?

Please Turbine, rework this raid already. There have been THOUSANDS of posts with good ideas, constructive advice, and clearly expressed reasons why various implementations in this raid are unappealing.

That ship sank already. Build a new one, will you? PLEASE?
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Community Member Superspeed_Hi5's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danotmano1998 View Post
    I wonder at what point it will be cheaper for Turbine to just redo this raid rather than have every GM/Dev/Customer Service constantly working around all the bugs in this for everyone?

Please Turbine, rework this raid already. There have been THOUSANDS of posts with good ideas, constructive advice, and clearly expressed reasons why various implementations in this raid are unappealing.

That ship sank already. Build a new one, will you? PLEASE?
    And add some MFing handwraps to the loot table.

I tried the raid again yesterday night. This was my third attempt. We had some people brand new to the raid so, while we had a fairly easy time progressing, it took a while to get to the end fight. We had all discussed theories on the bugs and I was feeling like this time might be different. We made doubly sure not to attack Lolth while talking. Check. When we got to the portal keeper mash-up, we had to pull the mobs. It was a tough fight and we almost wiped at least once. The trouble really started when we went back up the hill to continue the fight and Lolth started working on us. We beat down the trash, and had all but one portal keeper dead, which we kited while we fought Lolth. We defeated Lolth and she said something about infinite portal keepers. Then we killed the final keeper but no objective completion and no portal opening. No re-spawn of the keepers. Bugged again.

It was late, so only half of us stuck around for ticket help. This time the wait was shorter than I expected and the GM re-spawned the portal keepers for us. The keepers and a bunch of trash migrated its way at us. Our theory at this point was that you need to kill the portal keepers on the last two islands where you fight Lolth and where the portal is. The theory goes, if you pull and kill the keepers on the wrong island, the game bugs and the keepers neither re-spawn nor give you credit for their deaths. Our theory worked. We pulled the fight back to the portal area and the portal opened when we defeated the last one. The keepers kept re-spawning after we got past the portal but they were powerless to stop as that point. We got 5 chests, completed and almost everyone got a named weapon. Yay!

Here's I think it was intended to go:
    The portal keepers are supposed to re-spawn over and over. As long as one of them is up, the portal stays closed. So you need to kill them all at about the same time like Shroud Phase II. However, something is wrong with the keepers mechanic. My best guess at this point is prep, but avoid killing the keepers until Lolth is defeated, and if you do kill the keepers, do so at the final island, so they at least re-spawn/give credit. Due to the keepers bugging out, I really can't tell exactly how this mechanic is supposed to work still, though.

Alternate theory: Also consistent with these facts is the theory that you just need to wait to kill Lolth before killing any keepers. I'm not sure which theory is correct, but would note that the keepers killed on the Lolth island never got bugged and the keepers killed on other islands showed up as a red splat on the map, which is kind of weird. The keepers killed on Lolth island did not show up this way on the map. That suggests the location of the keepers dying makes a difference.

I at least feel good that I have now completed and received reward for this raid and I got some help from a GM. Much better than nothing.

Community Member

I agree that the customer service is the worst in the MMO Industry and whats worse is they refuse to recognize that people are getting angry and cancelling VIP subscriptions. I love the game, but I am not spending anymore money on a sinking ship.

Does anyone remember when The Titan raid first came out ? If I recall it took over a year to get it fixed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast