Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    516

    Default Bug with Barbarian rage/dismiss rage/Tunnel Vision

    Not sure if this has been posted before but there seems to be a bug with dismiss rage with Tunnel Vision.

    Steps taken
    My 18/2 Half-orc Barbarian/Fighter has 44 AC base

    I click rage and my AC drops to 33 (I have tunnel vision tier 2)


    (Combat): You are affected by your barbarian rage.
    (Combat): Your thirst for blood makes you stronger and tougher, yet easier to hit.
    (Effects): You benefit from your Barbarian Rage.
    (Effects): --- Penalty modifier to Armor Class: +-6
    (Effects): You benefit from your Barbarian Rage.
    (Effects): --- Morale modifier to Will Saving Throws: +7

    (Combat): You are affected by your tunnel vision.
    (Combat): Your melee attacks deal +1d10 extra damage, you gain +2 Intimidate, +2 Will Saves, and you lose -5 AC, -10% Fortification.
    (Effects): You benefit from your Tunnel Vision.
    (Effects): --- Penalty modifier to Armor Class: +5


    I then dismiss rage and my AC climbs to 38.

    (Combat): You are affected by your dismiss rage.
    (Combat): Dismiss Rage
    (Effects): You benefit from your Barbarian Rage.
    (Effects): --- Penalty modifier to Armor Class: +-6

    (Combat): Your tunnel vision effect has been removed from you.
    (Combat): Your barbarian rage effect has been removed from you.


    The rage buff remains on my buff bar with 00.00 timer showing.
    It appears the barbarians rage AC penalty is not being removed when you dismiss rage.
    1) "Quijenoth" Main Arcane Caster, 2life PM, 3life BrdTR, 4life FvS.
    2) "Vallaes" Melee Tank build, 2nd life Barbarian.
    3) "Elvraema" Experiments, 1-Mnk6/FvS14 Solo build. 2-"Dronker"

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    516

    Default

    tested it again since Patch 14.2 and its still happening, regardless of whether I dismiss rage early or let it run out, my AC fails to return to normal after I have clicked it.

    Edit: I should also mention that this is on live. Not sure how/why I posted this in lam forums
    Last edited by quijenoth; 07-28-2012 at 03:14 AM.
    1) "Quijenoth" Main Arcane Caster, 2life PM, 3life BrdTR, 4life FvS.
    2) "Vallaes" Melee Tank build, 2nd life Barbarian.
    3) "Elvraema" Experiments, 1-Mnk6/FvS14 Solo build. 2-"Dronker"

  3. #3
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    The bug here is your expecting your AC to do anything on a bbn.

    Learn to love the 5% miss chance you get regardless =) Pretty sure its hard coded into the game engine that bbns always get hit 95% heh.

    But yea seriously 33/38/44 AC has zero impact on endgame. You have to get at least to the 60s before anything starts to care, a number essentially unachievable by bbns regardless of bugs.

  4. #4
    The Hatchery jejeba86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    The bug here is your expecting your AC to do anything on a bbn.

    Learn to love the 5% miss chance you get regardless =) Pretty sure its hard coded into the game engine that bbns always get hit 95% heh.

    But yea seriously 33/38/44 AC has zero impact on endgame. You have to get at least to the 60s before anything starts to care, a number essentially unachievable by bbns regardless of bugs.
    But that doesn't take away the fact that there is a bug, right?
    And bugs should be squashed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

  5. #5
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jejeba86 View Post
    But that doesn't take away the fact that there is a bug, right?
    And bugs should be squashed!
    In a perfect world.

  6. #6
    The Hatchery jejeba86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    In a perfect world.
    I did say should instead of shall, hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload