Default Cannith Crafting turn-in

nuff said.... :/
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 07-26-2012 at 06:07 AM.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

/signed.

Why no 25 Greaters to 125 Lessers option yet?
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

The Hatchery
    2014 DDO Players Council

/SIGNED

Caps for emphasis
    It's definitely an N-word.

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    /signed & QFT

/signed

There are those of us who are chronically short of greater essences. Perhaps an alternative to committing suicide by beating your head against the computer keyboard is to arrange to trade your excess greater essences with people who have excess lesser essences.
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

Idea is good but not well thought through. Why? Easy, because nothing indicates that I am chronically rich on essences, I made this thread after 4 months!!! of gathering essences while standing in the crafting hall and doing as shown in the .gif. I had just enough to craft a +5 burst + greater bane weapon. The amount of clicks is annoying like hell and the time sink for trading is as annoying as the clicks. It just divided it over several days but the lost time remains lost.

Stupid timesink is stupid.

Solution is either scaling down needed essences or to give the option for bundle turn-ins. Whatever is easier other than trading every day or clicking every day.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 07-26-2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Characters on Orien:

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Solution is either scaling down needed essences or to give the option for bundle turn-ins. Whatever is easier other than trading every day or clicking every day.
    Bundled turn-ins can be accomplished by trading with another player: you give them 100 greater essences and they give you 500 lesser essences. Far fewer than the 100 trades you would have to do with the vendor in the Crafting Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    Bundled turn-ins can be accomplished by trading with another player: you give them 100 greater essences and they give you 500 lesser essences. Far fewer than the 100 trades you would have to do with the vendor in the Crafting Hall.
    Isnt this just moving the problem to someone else?
    I mean, how did that other player got the 500 lesser without grinding greaters himself?
    Also, finding someone with that many essences to trade sounds like a pain in the a** by itself...

Quote Originally Posted by zerit2002 View Post
    I mean, how did that other player got the 500 lesser without grinding greaters himself?
    Well, I frequently find myself with 200, 300, 400 or more excess lessers of some types of essences, and I do very little grinding of greaters into lessers. Since the vast majority of essences you get from deconstructing items are lessers, I always have lots of them. So, yes, someone has to do clicks to get the lessers, but deconstructing looted items every dungeon or 2 adds them up over a short period of time without giving you carpal tunnel syndrome. My problem is that as I craft shards for twink gear for my Cleric toon, I run out of greaters far more quickly than I run out of lessers. I would certainly be amenable to swapping my lessers for your greaters and I am probably not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonulino View Post
    I don't want to wait till s1 applies to my offer I want the essences in my own defined time. You are right, I can workaround but I don't see a compulsive command to do so. Bundles made everything easier for everybody. You won't convince me to see trading as THE universal option. The effort to keep offers going is as annoying as clicking. But I want to get rid off the annoying part. So why are you nailing yourself and me to trading?

Yes it is. While I have the option to trade I had to wait for someone to accept which might be faster but even slower than turning in immediately. I don't see a must in trading but I see a must in easier crafting mechanics.
    Last edited by zwiebelring; 07-26-2012 at 04:27 PM.
    Characters on Orien:

Maybe the most simple would be to put a stack of greaters of the size you want (by splitting the stack, so out of the bag), click and get the corresponding lessers. That way, nobody would whine because they misclicked and converted all their greaters' stack. Also, the time spent to put greaters out of the bag and split stack shouldn't be too consuming
    Thelanis: Nassim* (F12/P6/M2) - Talienor** (P18/Ra2) - Feithlin** (F12/Bd7/C1) - Stoneoak* (F12/M6/P2) - Hokusai (M17/F2/C1) - Ardence* (Bd15/F3/Ro2) - Matsushiro* (Ro11/M6/P3) | Argonessen: Luneargent (W18/Ro2) - Talienor (Ro20) - Takshir (Bd16/F2/Ro2) - Hiacynthe (C20) | Ghallanda: A bunch of pre DDO Unlimited characters (field of testing for post U19 )

Default /signed

Please give us an option to open a box like at the reagent vendors.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

/signed

Please give us an option of trading more than one at a time. My finger hurts.

If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendare View Post
    /signed

Please give us an option of trading more than one at a time. My finger hurts.
    Actually, I think your finger was dead...but now necroed...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.