Default A Story For Another Time.

Quote Originally Posted by KidKross View Post
    I do not use microphone. I have one. But when and if i play on the weekdays, my roomate is either asleep or trying to sleep, and he saved my life last year( a story for another time) so he means the world to me so i respect his wishes of wanting some shut-eye. This means my typing will also be limited. please do not take my curt answers as a sign of me being frustrated or angry.

I've recieved alot of whispers/mail and PM's online about this.

Last year my roomate and I were practicing for track. I decided to put my headphones on and listen to some music while running in the woods, the same trail we use to use every year. Im the long distance runner, so i was a little bit ahead of him. Well, what i did not notice when i stopped to take a break was the huge oak tree that was falling and was about to land on top of me. My roomate sprinted forward and pushed my obvlivious ass out of the way.

I got up and turned around, only to see that my best friend was trapped under the tree. His right leg was broken in 3 different places and his left knee cap was completely shattered. Our school was graceful enough to allow him to finish his degree on scholarship, despite him not actually running anymore. He's fine now, after half a year in a cast and a couple months of rehab he's walking with a minor limp. But he'll never run normal again.

Ironically at the time, "my guardian angel" was playing on my playlist. That song is now OUR song. sounds kinda gay. i know. But I would do anything for him.

Most friends say "i'll take a bullet for you".

Mine took a tree. Kinda raises the standard a bit.

Thats why i wont talk on DDO when i get home because he works night shift, and i dont want to disturb his sleep.

Just a little info into why i do not use microphone on weekdays

Cool Story Bro.
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post
    Cool Story Bro.
    Eh. people were just wondering why i dont use mic on weekdays.

No problem. Sounds like you have a damn good friend
    Smrti///Warcrye///Dukkha///Nomey///Dhaarmika///Smrtiheals
    Focused Melee Discussion as of U17
    Proud Gimp of Crimson Eagles and now Loreseekers!

Maybe your "friend" set that tree up to fall on you on purpose, just so he could 'save' you, thus earning your respect so that he can finally get some sleep because his roommate stays up playing DDO loudly all hours of the night?

I would be careful if I were you...