Default Stone of xp limitation

I'm planning to splash 1 level of druid into a build in the late levels, so I'm going to use the stone and then gain the xp for that level normally. Is there an estimate of when the restriction will be relaxed, or are we able to take a different class and then LR into druid? Will the restriction EVER be relaxed? Will it be on the timescale of years, or months, or weeks?
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by scoobmx View Post
    I'm planning to splash 1 level of druid into a build in the late levels, so I'm going to use the stone and then gain the xp for that level normally. Is there an estimate of when the restriction will be relaxed, or are we able to take a different class and then LR into druid? Will the restriction EVER be relaxed? Will it be on the timescale of years, or months, or weeks?
    The stones of xp themselves are only there for a limited time (till somewhere in august), so it doesn't seem likely they would relax those rules at all. You should be able to splash druid at say, your 17th level, so there wouldn't be much of a difference for you though. But just out of curiosity: Why splash druid in the first place? I don't see anything useful there.

You will probably be able to use the stones with druid levels when they come to the store (or more likely the market if they are really really greedy) if you want though.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post

You will probably be able to use the stones with druid levels when they come to the store (or more likely the market if they are really really greedy) if you want though.
    One level may be useful on acrobat build for rams might and shilalleggalllllagoooogooolllalla spell. Although I do remember reading during beta that it didn't work on Quarter staffs with an already increased damage range (i.e the over level 20 ones that have 2[d6] base damage. Not sure if it was fixed or if the report was correct though as never tested.

Another use for level 1 splash could be (a couple of guildies splashed one level of artificer for the pet to pull levers while they tr'd)

Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    The stones of xp themselves are only there for a limited time (till somewhere in august), so it doesn't seem likely they would relax those rules at all. You should be able to splash druid at say, your 17th level, so there wouldn't be much of a difference for you though. But just out of curiosity: Why splash druid in the first place? I don't see anything useful there.

But I believe the description of it says you will not be able to take ANY druid levels on a character that has used the stone at ANY time? It also says 'this may change in the future'. Anyone tested whether you in fact, can take one level after using the stone, or can do so through an LR after substituting a dummy level?

Community Member

A flag is set on your character that bars you from leveling up as a druid (as if you had the wrong alignment and were trying to splash paladin). You can certainly use the stone today and hope the no-druid restriction will be lifted "soon," but I have generally found this kind of thing to be a mistake in DDO. Your best bet is to assume it will never be lifted and then be pleasantly surprised if at some point in the future it is.

Quote Originally Posted by jsaving View Post
    A flag is set on your character that bars you from leveling up as a druid (as if you had the wrong alignment and were trying to splash paladin). You can certainly use the stone today and hope the no-druid restriction will be lifted "soon," but I have generally found this kind of thing to be a mistake in DDO. Your best bet is to assume it will never be lifted and then be pleasantly surprised if at some point in the future it is.
    I'd be surprised, but not pleasantly, as then I don't gain anything from it since the stones would have expired by then. I've already gone ahead and hoped for the 'long shot'.

If it turns out to be a permanent flag, then I'll just not buy druid. Business lost, thanks to a stupid artificial limitation.
    Last edited by scoobmx; 07-31-2012 at 05:02 PM.

I'd be surprised, but not pleasantly, as then I don't gain anything from it since the stones would have expired by then. I've already gone ahead and hoped for the 'long shot'.

If it turns out to be a permanent flag, then I'll just not buy druid. Business lost, thanks to a stupid artificial limitation.
    Stupid artificial limitation on an item that one gets for free. It's not as if you bought it and then turned round and were told you can't use it on druids.

I would think that if you weren't going to buy a class because you can't skip levels 8-16 of that class, well it misses the point somewhat. Play your own way and all that but if I was to roll a druid, while it's new to me I'd want to go 1-20 to see what it's like all the way through the game. Level from 1-8 then skip right to grinding Rainbow in the dark and the rest of the vale ten times? Not really for me.
    [/post]

Quote Originally Posted by Mathermune View Post
    Stupid artificial limitation on an item that one gets for free. It's not as if you bought it and then turned round and were told you can't use it on druids.

I would think that if you weren't going to buy a class because you can't skip levels 8-16 of that class, well it misses the point somewhat. Play your own way and all that but if I was to roll a druid, while it's new to me I'd want to go 1-20 to see what it's like all the way through the game. Level from 1-8 then skip right to grinding Rainbow in the dark and the rest of the vale ten times? Not really for me.
    In my first post I said I was splashing 1 level. I'm skipping 8-16 of monk and fighter, not druid.

In my first post I said I was splashing 1 level. I'm skipping 8-16 of monk and fighter, not druid.
    Then I should have read your first post.

Only read it in a voice that makes me sound indignant, so I don't lose too much face. Thanks.
    [/post]

Now in U15 since stones are going away and druids can be purchased in the store, will I be able to take 1 level of druid after using a stone, at a level that isnt skipped by the stone?

Originally Posted by Vesuvium
    Once you have used the Stone of Experience on a character, you cannot take Druid levels on that character.

This may change in the future though, possibly around the same time we start allowing people to veteran status into Druid, or LR into Druid levels.

We are allowed the LR and veteran now I believe. Anybody tested whether the restriction is gone? Or a dev comment?