Community Member

Default King'S Forest Encounters

Patch 1 supposedly fixed some of the encounters in the King's Forest that weren't responding, however whilst out showing a friend round the forest three encounters in a row failed to work. In two the NPCs were totally unresponsive (Hags Prize and Knight Aspirant), and in one whilst the NPC did respond the drow failed to materialise (Burn the dead).

I've bug reported it, but if anything the problems with encounters in the area seem to have been made worse with the patch given that previously I had only had one issue (with the Knight Aspirant encounter). Had a quick look at the notes for patch 2 but can't seem to see anything that mentions these problems with encounters.

Any else finding things worse rather than better with regards to the encounters?
    Last edited by CeltEireson; 07-22-2012 at 06:40 AM.

The Hag responded to me last time I found her. I won her little game and got the commendations, but it still said I failed the quest so no exp.

The Aspirant has never done anything the times I've met him.

Burn the Dead has worked reliably for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    Patch 1 supposedly fixed some of the encounters in the King's Forest that weren't responding, however whilst out showing a friend round the forest three encounters in a row failed to work. In two the NPCs were totally unresponsive (Hags Prize and Knight Aspirant), and in one whilst the NPC did respond the drow failed to materialise (Burn the dead).

I've bug reported it, but if anything the problems with encounters in the area seem to have been made worse with the patch given that previously I had only had one issue (with the Knight Aspirant encounter). Had a quick look at the notes for patch 2 but can't seem to see anything that mentions these problems with encounters.

Any else finding things worse rather than better with regards to the encounters?
    The one I have problems with is the OTHER green dragon. I haven't found a trick yet to get him to talk 100% of the time.

For Knight Aspirant, you can't activate the quest on your quest bar and then move away. If you do that it will bug 100% of the time. How I do it is when moving up the road from the waterfall, you keep on the road until it splits towards the log bridge. At that point, you move towards the dragon hill so that you can get up to him. Once it appears in the quest panel, you can't go back no matter what (which sucks if there is an air ellie up there). He should respond 100% of the time if you do that.

In general, it is a good idea to have your minimap open at all times in the forest so that you can spot the dots and figure out which quests they are before you come into range.

Have had many fail before and after the Patch...

I've encountered The Aspirant 5 times with quest only working once... an absolute disaster... but got it done at least.

Deal with a Dragon is about 50-50 if it works in the dozen or so encounters I've had... but hireling healers are so horrible I don't even bother with the Dragons anymore considering the loot wasn't any different than any other encounter.

Others like Big Old Red... I've seen this quest 3 times, twice before and once since the Patch... all broken and it's the only quest I need to finish the Villagers Rares.

EDIT: Forgot the War Wizards Portal encounter... broke 7 of the 8 times I've come across it.

I've completed 28 of the 40 Rares... and would say I've had around 75 encounters that worked and about 50 that were broke...

As for some of the encounters:

Money or Life is one of worst... the radius in which the quest triggers on is so large that most of time the villager is dead before I get there... usually he gets a hold cast on him and 5-7 mobs beating on him instantly.

Was wondering are the villagers from these rare encounters driven to bloodlust from the Forest???

when you rescue villagers they seem to attack anything with a red bar when they see it?

this is particularly annoying in encounters where you have to lead a villager to safety... this is especially fun when they run after an animal to kill it and run through a band of Drows into a pack of angry Dire Bears

and where are the Druid Rares??? in the 125 or so encounters I've found... only completed 3 Druid plus had only 2 repeats that worked on Dinner Guests... plus how come other Rares give cross-Commendations [like PK giving Wizards or Villagers giving Clerics] but Druids don't???

Last edited by Moonsickle; 07-22-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    You know I had been using the Superior Sarcasm font exclusively but it seems in a unannounced hotfix they slipped in the Sovereign Sarcasm font... keep up the good work guys!

The encounter at second plateau still bugs out. I couldn't talk to the NPC.
    Characters on Orien:
    Wanzer/ Klingtanz/ Incanta Superior/ Mercantus

Community Member

Thanks for the replies folks, looks like the encounters are still pretty buggy despite their attempts to fix them.