Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: WF Palemaster

  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default WF Palemaster

    I recently TRed from a water savant sorc into a wf palemaster.
    I am enjoying the experience so far. At lvl 12 i have about 350 hp when in zombie form and ship buffed. (i havent been able to get another undead for at the moment due to action points being spent elsewhere but i plan on having my next one before lvl 13)
    I havent seen too many wf palemasters and i was curious as to why that is. is there an issue i havent hit yet that will break my build?
    The hp is by far my favorite part about being wf. Having 34 con along with gs necklace, minos helm, and improved false life can really get my red bar high.

  2. #2
    Community Member Cyndrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kinghaxor View Post
    I recently TRed from a water savant sorc into a wf palemaster.
    I am enjoying the experience so far. At lvl 12 i have about 350 hp when in zombie form and ship buffed. (i havent been able to get another undead for at the moment due to action points being spent elsewhere but i plan on having my next one before lvl 13)
    I havent seen too many wf palemasters and i was curious as to why that is. is there an issue i havent hit yet that will break my build?
    The hp is by far my favorite part about being wf. Having 34 con along with gs necklace, minos helm, and improved false life can really get my red bar high.
    A wf arcane's largest asset is the ability to self repair. On a PM you don't need that once you are in form all the time. So a higher intelligence from drow and the intelligence and extra feat from human are hard to pass up. At level 25 you can easily have over 700 hps regardless of your choice. I have a wf PL that is very enjoyable, but if I had a shroud of the abbot or the mabar robe I'd probably go with human.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyndrome View Post
    A wf arcane's largest asset is the ability to self repair. On a PM you don't need that once you are in form all the time. So a higher intelligence from drow and the intelligence and extra feat from human are hard to pass up. At level 25 you can easily have over 700 hps regardless of your choice. I have a wf PL that is very enjoyable, but if I had a shroud of the abbot or the mabar robe I'd probably go with human.
    But even though i can heal in undead form, when fighting undead i wont be in undead form...so being able to heal in any situation is a benefit.
    Wf can start with 18 intel so 2 more points wont make too much of a difference.
    My main's name is Suplup. my other toons are named sup with different 2nd halves.

  4. #4
    Community Member Zigana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kinghaxor View Post
    ...when fighting undead i wont be in undead form...
    Why not? I keep my aura up all the time, even when fighting undead. You should be able to take out the mobs fast enough that it makes no difference.
    Duvessah-23TR Sr/Sr, Zephyyrus-26TR Cl/3xWz/Cl, Hasbigcrits-21 Ftr, Sneekin-22 Rogue
    Quina-17TR Expl/Wiz-Rog, Demeres-25TR Clg/Clg, Kissin-23TR Cl/Arti, Ziggee-4TR Bard,
    Eyshe-22 Favored Soul, Menddin-22 FVS, Zodagh-25 Barbarian, Teagon-11 Druid
    Groemph-17 shortbus build, Karevia-9 Wiz, Yysooomany-17 Pali >> Officer-The Ashen

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The summer party capitol of the west.
    Posts
    896

    Default Imho

    The warforged is over kill. You go warforged on an Arcane IMO to get all the benefits/immunities that W/F get as you would if you're undead get similar ones, along with the HP and self healing as a WF Arcane. A PM can heal himself as well and gets good immunities thus the go human mentality.
    If the toon is named after a beer 17 of them are mine & 1 more not named after a beer (the black sheep of the family). Beware there are a few beer imposters out there. Unless the toon has been "Banned From All Guilds" it's a fake Beer_Dude. Fake Beer in your group leaves a nasty taste.

  6. #6
    Hatchery Hero Sonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    This simply is a matter of taste. You lose 1 DC over some other races but you level with ease with self-repair (personally I skipped Zombie). Another benefit is in quests like RWD, or raids like eADQ or Abbott(Argo style), where soaking up group heals and with your own recon makes things easily survivable by dropping out of form. RWD elite for the obvious searing light TIE-fighter like spam.

    Benefits and disadvantages, thank goodness not ALL things are homogeneous in DDO.

  7. #7
    Community Member PrettySouljar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    45

    Smile hmmmm

    I would have to disagree with some replies, I think there is no reason to go PM WF,
    1. if you go Archmage u will have the same dc's with more spell points and u can repair yourself
    thus why go PM?
    unless you just want to play around with the different forms - there really is no point.
    the extra hp you will get is balanced out with extra spell points archmage gets thus more repairs.

    thats just my 2 cents

    my casters : Enchant specced air savant - Everybodies, Necro specced wiz - Graveborn, also have a non active first life drow palemaster, 28 point build with 48 int - Necrosiz.

  8. #8
    Hatchery Hero Sonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PrettySouljar View Post
    I would have to disagree with some replies, I think there is no reason to go PM WF,
    1. if you go Archmage u will have the same dc's with more spell points and u can repair yourself
    thus why go PM?
    I just gave some reasons. But here is another. Even if they let you into an all PM ToD or Shroud, or eVon(technically it would no longer be called that), you might not make it.

    Again there are so many reasons NOT to be a WF PM but there are legitimate reasons to do so as well.

    In EDA I can CC and necro everything in there. But raids, again, like Abbott where we hug the Abbott in infernos(Argo thing), I like to be out of form to toss recon and soak up mass heals.

  9. #9
    Community Member -Zephyr-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    I used a WF PM build to grab quick past lives on my FvS, using the best of both :
    WF for low levels, and undead forms once the self heal was decent enough.

    On my 3rd life of wizard, I didn't even take any palemaster form before Lich at 18 (quickened reconstruct is that much better). That said, I only took wraith and lich on my human PM even leveling, the other two are so bad it's not funny.

    If you're planning for endgame, WF PM isn't really the way to go : the benefits of both don't really stack well, but the downsides do stack. If you're looking for fun while leveling, it's a totally viable choice.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload